About the X-Factor Skin (R630) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: About the X-Factor Skin (R615)

Hi crackdown,

Now thats a really good idea. I will start to think about a touchscreen basichome this weekend. But to make this effort worth it I must know if other parts of the skin is ok for touchscreen. I don't want to redo the whole skin ;)

cheers
    cul8er

wlgspotter

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2006
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Hi:

I've recently updated for R615 of the skin, and it is awesome!

However, I've realised that with the recent release of OnlineVideos (0.20), the "iTunes Movie Trailers", which replaced Apple Trailers, is now blank with X-Factor skin. I am told that the OnlineVideos skin files for X-Factor needs to be updated. I don't really know much (in fact anything!) about skin programming, and thus am wondering if anyone here could kindly help update the skin files for OnineVideos to support the latest release of that plugin?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

crackdown

Portal Pro
    November 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi crackdown,

Now thats a really good idea. I will start to think about a touchscreen basichome this weekend. But to make this effort worth it I must know if other parts of the skin is ok for touchscreen. I don't want to redo the whole skin ;)

cheers
    cul8er

Thanks man, you are welcome! Ok here's what my experience is so far: There is a special plugin for touchscreen users, wich makes the topbar visible, so you can virtually control everything with the fingers. I think this ist the regular topbar wich comes with MP but there is also a special touccontrol plugin wich can be downloaded. (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...0-2-4-0-update-2010-03-28-a-72445/#post526181) The two Plugins (topbar and touchcontrol) should be imho supported by any skin.
    I can press start, stop, back, skip and quit etc. on this bar with my fingers. This bar is visible in blue screen wide and black glass, but in X-factor it does not pop up or show. I think because the topbar is blocked by the xfactor subscreens? Now if this bar would show up, it would already be a dramatic improvement.

The RSS images layout is at this moment the best suitable layout for touchscreen users. However, when basic home screen starts, you only see the buttons, and no descriptions of it. Normally you use the mouse or the remote, and only then you see what each button stands for. With only your fingers as a tool, this is hardly possible. So for a touch layout I would recommend the following:

Just below the buttons a small text button (movies, plugins, tv, sport etc) and when you touch this button the button should unfold in the sub categories. ;) Or when touching the main buttos, it unfolds with descriptions. That way you dont need extra buttons. As it is now, I first have to manually use my mouse to move the pointer over a button, and only then I see the description. Then I have to press left or right or up and down to make it unfold. This is by touching hardly possible.

Once arrived in the sub categories its easy to control with touch. Nothing has to be changed imho, only the Topbar should be able to pop up when you move the pointer (this is your finger) to the top of the screen. Another suggestion could be making the pop up bar permanent, but i think a transparent screen is more slick.

I'll be very happy to do some beta testing and so is a friend of mine with the same setup. I am very thrilled, that you are willing to look into this. Personnaly I think that touchscreen support is quite neglected in most skins available, but I think it will grow in popularity due to the introduction of the Ipad (with can control MP as well) and the lower prices of touchscreen cases.

I could recommend to check out the black glass and black glass nova skin. Although iI prefer x-facor above any other skin maybe you get inspired by some of the functionalities to make x-factor even more the killer skin for MediaPortal :)

protonenpumpe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: About the X-Factor Skin (R615)

Hi:

I've recently updated for R615 of the skin, and it is awesome!

However, I've realised that with the recent release of OnlineVideos (0.20), the "iTunes Movie Trailers", which replaced Apple Trailers, is now blank with X-Factor skin. I am told that the OnlineVideos skin files for X-Factor needs to be updated. I don't really know much (in fact anything!) about skin programming, and thus am wondering if anyone here could kindly help update the skin files for OnineVideos to support the latest release of that plugin?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

+1:D

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England

This is the normal myWeather page that you enter when you press that item. Have you configured your city in MP Configuration under Weather (not the infoservice part)? If you choose blue3wide as your skin and enter Weather page. Do you get weather data?

I did configure the settings in the weather section - isn't this where the infoplugin gets the info from too?

No weather in B3Wide either - it's obviously an MP thing so thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    Strange that it gets the weather from some screens though!

dfcwolf

Portal Member
    February 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

Hi!

The next problem. :) The fanart handle is workin fine, but the CD albums have no any CD cover. When i click the "download cover", the MP try download but not found. I try so popular cd's. Depeche Mode, Beyonce... Not found album info to.
    The fanart is ok. But the cover download not working.

THX

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi,

Thank you for your report.
    The fanart handler plugin downloads music fanart. MP downloads thumbs. Can you please swith to blue3wide and see if you can download thumbs.

best regards
    cul8er

montecristo

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

i have a question for the users of this skin who also use infoservice.

as i explained in another thread it happens that the coverart from my music en videos disappears after a short while.
    so, now i found out that it is caused by the infoservice.
    everytime infoservice is refreshing its feeds my coverart of the album thats playing disappears. this happens also when i'm in my videos.

anyway what i wanna know is the following.
    is there anybody who can check out if they have the same issue?
    maybe nobody noticed yet because they set the refresh time high. mine is set at 3 minutes.
    i only use the feeds for news and weather.
    maybe if somebody can set the refresh at 1 minute or so and then go play an album and check if the cover in the overlay disappears or not.

i'm not very sure that the problem is with the skin as i tried it with blue3wide as well and i had the same problem.
    but since this is the skin i use i'll post it over here. (cannot go cross posting)

i added a screenshot so you'll know what i mean.

kind regards,

Montecristo

Attachments

• shot1.jpg
      shot1.jpg
      473.7 KB
    • shot2.jpg
      shot2.jpg
      452.7 KB

dfcwolf

Portal Member
    February 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

Hi,

Thank you for your report.
    The fanart handler plugin downloads music fanart. MP downloads thumbs. Can you please swith to blue3wide and see if you can download thumbs.

best regards
    cul8er

Hi!

I understand. Not skin problem. THX!
    :D:sorry:

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

R630 of this skin is now available. This also includes version 1.9 of the Fanart Handler plugin.

New In this release;
    * a few bugs is fixed
    * onlinevideo 0.20 is supported
    * animations are reworked (including animations of dropdown menus)
    * If you play music and the goto basichome all is as before BUT if you are inactive for more that six seconds the basichome (all variant) fade and this appears;
    60728d1271746838-about-x-factor-skin-r615-new_nowplay3.jpg

when you tuch the remote, the "now playing" screen fades and you see your basichome.
    * If you play a movie and the goto basichome all is as before BUT if you are inactive for more that six seconds the basichome (all variant) fade and a screen similay to the one above appars but you will see a video window and info about the movie. When you tuch the remote, the "now playing" screen fades and you see your basichome.
    * new myMusicNowPlaying design added (you now have three versions to choose between in the skin settings page).
    * myHome and myPlugins have got a little new design.

Hope you like it and as always please report any issues so that I can fix them. Positive feedback is also welcome ;)

best regards
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom