About the X-Factor Skin (R630) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabien44

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
Hello,

is it possible to upgrade from R615 without losing all settings? How?

fabien44

Portal Pro
March 12, 2006
I have just upgraded the skin.

I have found 2 issues:

- tv is on and no more small window in the basichome menu!
- when i watch tv and click on green button on my remote control to get back homemenu i have a information display "Insert a disc"

clanmackenzi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    Paris, France
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi cul8ter, thanks for the latest edition... couple of questions though

The menu bar for AeonNoRSS has risen again (you lowered it to meet the weather data last revision) - is this just slipping in or do others have a preference for it to be raised.

I seem to be missing something with the fanart - Moving Pictures fanart (movies menu) seems to be overriding all other menus despite being set discretely in the menu configuration. It only happens in the homebasic menu, i.e. music fanart shows when playing music. If I return to home menu the correct image flashes then the movies fanart comes through.

Fanarthandler log and Xfactor.XML files attached.

Edit - got up this morning and fanart seems OK, can't explain it but happy it's working again. I can only assume that there was a lot of background activity going on and the fanart just couldn't keep up.

Edit - Nope its gone haywire again

Attachments

• XFactor.xml
      30.6 KB

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Cul8ter,

These changes look really nice. The skin just keeps getting better and better!

I have see a couple of issues with the latest version 630 which may be bugs.

1) When I play music and then select the homescreen (to get your new minimal fanart look) the fanart is replaced with the TV background image rather than keeping the music fanart. I think (although I can not be sure), that it cycles through the available music fanart for the artists before defaulting to the TV background image.

2) It seems that when changing from menus (left/right remote buttons) in this view http://x-factor.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/web/basichome_xfactor.jpg there is often a flash of the menu before fanart on the screen momentarily before the correct fanart is displayed. for example, if I am on TV Guide and click left (to movies) it flashes up a music fanart for about 1 second, before then displaying the movie fanart, then if I select left again (to music) it flashes up a photos fanart for about 1 second, before then displaying the music fanart.

Let me know if you need logs and I will post them

Thanks

Robbo100

Calavera2k

Portal Member
    April 28, 2010
    Hello,

first, i must say. I love this skin. It is really great.

I have the same problem like robbo100.

"It seems that when changing from menus (left/right remote buttons) in this view http://x-factor.googlecode.com/svn/t...me_xfactor.jpg there is often a flash of the menu before fanart on the screen momentarily before the correct fanart is displayed. for example, if I am on TV Guide and click left (to movies) it flashes up a music fanart for about 1 second, before then displaying the movie fanart, then if I select left again (to music) it flashes up a photos fanart for about 1 second, before then displaying the music fanart."

I also still have the following problem. The TV-menue is my start entry. When i start the mp then the tv menue display the wrong image. It is displaying the movie fanart and not the tv fanart. After i have scrolled to one side and then back the right image is displayed.

Sorry for my bad english :)

Thanks and greetz
    Calavera2k

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Calavera2k & robbo100.

Thank you for your feedback. Can you please let me know what version of MP you are running?

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thank you everyone that reports issue in this thread. The fix thread (link) now includes fixes for most reported issues. I'll keep investigate the rest of the issues.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Calavera2k & robbo100,

At the moment I cannot reproduce your problem with wrong fanart being displayed. Have tried in both MP 1.1 RC2 and MP 1.0.2. Do not know how to proceed with this at the moment.

Can you please check and make sure you have a PNG file in the /thumbs/Skin Fanart directory called transparent.png

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Calavera2k,

Can you please attach your basichome.xml file so that I can investigate.

best regards
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom