About the X-Factor Skin (R630) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: About the X-Factor Skin (R547)

Hi Yabba,

I don't know (haven't got a W7 installation) but I think that you can click on your start button in windows, choose Programs\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\User Files and you get to the root folder that contains the cache folder.

best regards
    cul8er

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Could someone send me the menueditor dll from the plugins folder? I need it :) I can't install stuff now with build 24669 :(
    Thanx!

Why isn't the menu editor open source?

Look what I've found here!:
    Please note: As MediaPortal is open source and licensed under GNU/GPL, plugin authors have to provide their sourcecode with the uploaded file. Please use a "release" and "source" folder in your zip/rar-file!

Found at the plugins section. So cul8er, you have to release the menu editor's source ;)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi Dragy,

You can browse to your MediaPortal program directory and click on the MPInstaller.exe. Then choose the xfactor mpi file and you can install.

cheers
    cul8er

protonenpumpe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: About the X-Factor Skin (R547)

Just a question, where the hell is the cache folder located under Windows 7? I tried the one in ProgramData-->TeamMediaPortal-->Mediaportal (which was almost empty to begin with, just a couple of empty folders inside), but it doesn't work, and since I installed the new Factor-X Mediaportal hungs at "copying graphics to cache". And this happens with any skin...

This is most likely related to the Moving Pictures Plugin. The previous beta version (1.0 Beta 2 aka 1.0.1) used to save the downloaded backround-images as PNG-files, causing Mediaportal to cache them. This is resolved in the new beta 3.
    Just install this version, start the configuration and wait a couple of minutes until all backdrops are converted to JPG.

BlueArchon

Portal Member
    August 26, 2007

Also important for users upgrading from a previous version of the skin: delete the Fanart Handler database before installing this new version. I didn't do this and the Fanart plugin didn't work (it refused to show anything, just black backgrounds). Deleting the database afterwards didn't solve the problem. However, deleting the database and reinstalling the skin worked.

protonenpumpe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 20, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: About the X-Factor Skin (R547)

Also important for users upgrading from a previous version of the skin: delete the Fanart Handler database before installing this new version. I didn't do this and the Fanart plugin didn't work (it refused to show anything, just black backgrounds). Deleting the database afterwards didn't solve the problem. However, deleting the database and reinstalling the skin worked.

Cannot confirm this.
    Fanart Handler works fine for me with the "old" database.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi sensman,

Yes, I have seen your screenshots and like them very much ;) I wish I was that good in creating graphics (the frames, overlay etc).

About the idea for the menu it was really a combination of many things. I started the x-factor menu (http://x-factor.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/web/basichome_xfactor.jpg) creation in september last year (inspired by Alaska) and had many ideas before the final design was made;
    * http://x-factor.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/web/a2.jpg
    * https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...actor-skin-r479-68714/index39.html#post519546
    * https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...actor-skin-r479-68714/index41.html#post520486

offcourse the monochrome menu;
    * https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/monochrome-249/monochrome-v3-2-released-73206/

and finally your design gave me the idea of adding an overlay on top of the background.

best regards
    cul8er

intered

Portal Member
    May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Awesome new version, love the configuration menu!

Though I had a problem with not showing the fanart with the previous of the skin and now I still have the same problem. For some strange reason when I start up Mediaportal the fanart shows for 1 milisecond and then it disappears.

Anyone else got this? And is there a solution for it?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi intered,

Thank you for your report. Can you please upload the fanarthandler.log from your mediaportal log directory. You find the directory by pressing your windows start button and go Programs\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal. Alos, what version of MP are you using? Last, can you please upload your basichome.xml file.

best regards
    cul8er

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom