About the X-Factor Skin (R630) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bodiroga

Portal Pro
January 1, 2008
Home Country
Spain Spain
Re: About the X-Factor Skin (R547)

If you need help, just PM me and I will do my best to help you developing the skin ;)

MANY THANKS for your work, we all now the hard work you are doing with both XFactor and Fanart Handler. Congratulations!

Regards,

Aitor

linusminix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2008
    Grenoble
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Re: About the X-Factor Skin (R547)

If you need help, just PM me and I will do my best to help you developing the skin ;)

MANY THANKS for your work, we all now the hard work you are doing with both XFactor and Fanart Handler. Congratulations!

Regards,

Aitor

Exactely Idem +1

cool71

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2005
    Germany: Stuttgart

Standby Problem with R547

Hello since I installed R547 after resume from standby my Monitor is black. With Standard Skin it works. So I decided to go back to Version R479. With this Version resume from Standby works.
    Hope you can fix it.

best regards

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi cool71,

Thank you for your report. Please provide some logfiles (like mediaportal.log, fanarthandler.log, error.log). Without logfiles it is almost impossible for me to solve this.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Next Version

Hi,

I'm working on next version of the x-factor skin. I'm about 95% done and will create a pre-release within a couple of days for test purpose.

Some news on the new version;
    * Yet another basichome layout is included (I will not reveal the design just yet, you will have to wait and see;) )
    * The settings screens have been completely rewritten including the x-factor skin configuration (that now uses tabs)
    * RadioTime has been redesigned (now uses fanart if available and looks like the music playlist and now playing screens for a more one design kind of concept)
    * Menu Editor now uses browse buttons instead of "the dailog automatic popup on field click" ;)
    * Alot of unused graphics have been removed and the one left are optimized to make the skin faster
    * Small adjustments to TVSeries and Moving Pictures
    * All dialogs have been redesigned
    * Dialogs and menus now operate much faster
    * Overall speed improvements in the skin (incl Moving Pictures)
    * I have worked on quite a few of the existing graphics to improve the look of the skin (including list backgrounds)
    * Some bug fixes for things I have discovered so far
    * New OSD - Settings design
    * New splashscreen
    * and more....

More on the new version in a few days.

If you have something that is not working in current version or improvement suggestions, please let me know and I will try to include it in the version about to be released.

Best Regards
    cul8er

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

X-Factor Music Info doesn't show any information for me all my artists by just browsing them. If I bring up the Artist/Album info I see that info is available, but it's not displayed by the plugin. Then going to another artist the plugin displays info. Weird.

It seems to be related to artists with "The" or "A" in the beginning of their name.

Edit: Also, the skin is missing "MyMusicPlayingNowLedVu.xml" according to my error.log.

Emph

craige1

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Alice Springs
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

I can see already that this release will make me very happy!

Thanks cul8er,
    you bring joy to us all.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

Yip, I must agree. Been testing the latest SVN and I like it a lot. Thank you cul8er.

One question though - Regarding the functionality that you cannot use the UP button to scroll from the top of a list (like in Moving Pictures) to the bottom of the list. I know you have already stated that you will not change that, but just another hopeful request for it :). I have just taken the Fidility beta for a test drive and all of a sudden realized how I missed that feature.

Of course there are still lots of other places where Xfactor is leading the way. Well done for that. :D

omniaberry2

Portal Member
    August 13, 2009

Hey cul8er,

Your skin is seriously awesome and I really appreciate your work, I do have one request - could you possibly make the small episode image in the info screen while watching an episode in TV-Series wider so that it isn't squeezed into the poster frame?

Thanks

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

I found another thing:

In the Show artist/album info, there's a text label "Born". Most artists won't get a hit for this, but for Lady GaGa, I got a very long string and the label extends outside the border and does not scroll.

Emph

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom