About the X-Factor Skin (R630) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

The concept of this skin is to make all options in MediaPortal available as easy as possible and this in an attractive way. I have tried to maximize the use of fanart but still keep focus on usability. As a user of this skin you can customize the main menu and also what images you want to use for different views in the skin. X-Factor was originally based/built upon the great skin files from StreamedMP.

The idea behind the main menu is to have a menu that fits the area of one screen so you can get a good overview of all available options. Moving to a menu or sub menu changes the backdrop image. The skin have a built in menu editor so that you can edit the menu items (basichome) from within MP Configuration. The skin comes with three different menues that you can alter between within MP.

The skin skin is developed for 1280x720 resolution but thanks to the MediaPortal? software it scales beautifully up to 1920x1080 (I run the skin in 1920x1080 on my 40" LCD at home).

Extra Features
    * Included a very customizable menu editor to build your own menu
    * Within the skin you can alter between three different menu styles (horizontal, vertical or AEON like)
    * Within the skin you can alter between two different Moving Picture List view layouts
    * Within the skin you can alter between two different TVSeries Wide Banner view layouts
    * Fanart support for music in basichome, now playing and playlist windows
    * Fanart support for video in myVideo plugin
    * Rounded posters/thumbnails
    * Weather backdrops change according to current weather conditions
    * Smooth animations navigating the skin

Links
    Download Skin (current version is R630)
    Download Fonts
    Download Skin Files For MovingPicture 1.0
    Report Issues
    Project Homepage
    Menu Editor Guide

Important About this skin
    This skin is developed and tested towards the following MP releases:
    * MP 1.0.2 or MP 1.1
    * Moving Pictures 0.7.5 or 1.0 Beta 3 (using separate installation package link)
    * TVSeries v2.5.1
    Please use the above versions along with this skin. I will not answer to any issues reported if you use older versions of these softwares.

Supported Plugins
    * Alarm
    * Arcsoft Player
    * BasicHome
    * DRipper
    * DVD
    * Emulators
    * Extensions
    * For The Record
    * Global Search
    * HTPC Info
    * Info Service
    * Last FM
    * Lyrics
    * MediaSlayer
    * Moving Pictures
    * MPNZB
    * Multishortcut
    * Music
    * My Burner
    * My Films
    * My ScoreCenter
    * My Torrents
    * mVids
    * My Youtube
    * NetFlix
    * News
    * OnlineVideos
    * Pictures
    * Plugins
    * Programs
    * ProgramsAlt
    * Radio
    * Radio Guide
    * Radio Time
    * RSS Ticker
    * Setup Wizard
    * Settings
    * Shoutcast Directory
    * Showtimes
    * Sudoku
    * SVTPlay
    * System Info (MP Dashboard)
    * Tetris
    * Trailers
    * TV
    * TV Series
    * Video
    * Video Editor
    * Weather
    * Wikipedia
    * Worldmap
    * Youtube.fm

WARNING FOR MP1.1Alpha or Beta users
    The MP1.1Alpha and Beta contain a bug related to the Multiimage control. This makes the backdrop funtionality in x-factor fail. If you use MP1.1Alpha or Beta please in MP goto Settings and then xfactor. On the screen that is now displayed you have an option for using MP1.1 Alpha compatible animations. The error is now resolved and future releases of MP1.1 including latest SVN versions will work correctly.

Installation if using MP 1.0.2
    1: Deleted the XFactor folder in your cache folder "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache" or similar.

2: Run the MPI package. This will automatically install the menu editor plugin and the skin. If you get a question what program to use to run the MPE1 file when you doubleclick on it you should select the MPInstaller (usually in folder "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MPInstaller.exe").

3. If this is the first time you install the xfactor skin you probably need to install the font package as well. Extract this file into your "Windows/fonts" directory (http://x-factor.googlecode.com/files/fonts.rar). IMPORTANT! Fonts have changed in version 547 so please install the fonts if you are using an older x-factor version as well.

4. Enable the InfoService plugin in MP Configuration to make RSS feed and weather to work.

5. Open MP configuration and set xfactor as your skin if this is not allready so.

6. In MP configuration make sure "Start with basichome.." option is selected. This is the only supported home menu.

7. In MP configuration make sure that MP-RSSTicker is disabled (as the skin now uses the plugin you installed above, see item 4).

8. In MP configuration make sure that X-Factor Music Info plugin is enabled.

9. In MP configuration make sure that Fanart Handler plugin is enabled. Goto Configuration to edit the options for this plugin. Read the userguide for more information on configuring the fanart handler plugin.

10. (Optional) In MP configuration goto plugins and choose xfactor to customize you main menu. This is also how you can get your modified basichome back to what it looked before upgrading, in this case just open the plugin and then press generate new basichome button and you get the layout you had before.

11. (Optional) The installation zip file only contains a small number of images. To add images and get a higher experience from the skin add your own images to the "Animation\xx" subfolders ro the fanart handler folders. For example add TVSeries backdrops to the tvseries subfolder.

Installation if using MP 1.1
    1. Run the new MPEI installer tool and update the list from online location. Then choose x-factor and follow the step by step wizard.

2. Enable the InfoService plugin in MP Configuration to make RSS feed and weather to work.

3. Open MP configuration and set xfactor as your skin if this is not allready so.

4. In MP configuration make sure "Start with basichome.." option is selected. This is the only supported home menu.

5. In MP configuration make sure that MP-RSSTicker is disabled.

6. In MP configuration make sure that X-Factor Music Info plugin is enabled.

7. In MP configuration make sure that Fanart Handler plugin is enabled. Goto Configuration to edit the options for this plugin. Read the userguide for more information on configuring the fanart handler plugin.

8. (Optional) In MP configuration goto plugins and choose xfactor to customize you main menu. This is also how you can get your modified basichome back to what it looked before upgrading, in this case just open the plugin and then press generate new basichome button and you get the layout you had before.

9. (Optional) The installation zip file only contains a small number of images. To add images and get a higher experience from the skin add your own images to the "Animation\xx" subfolders ro the fanart handler folders. For example add TVSeries backdrops to the tvseries subfolder.

Screenshots
    basichome_horizontal.jpg
    basichome_vertical.jpg
    basichome_aeon.jpg
    moving_pictures_listview.jpg
    moving_pictures_listview2.jpg
    moving_pictures_detals.jpg
    moving_pictures_filmstrip.jpg
    dialog.jpg
    tvhome.jpg
    tvrecordings.jpg
    video_osd1.jpg
    music_filmstrip.jpg
    music_bigthumbview.jpg

More screenshots: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/x-factor-316/screenshots-60289/

Credits
    * The team behind the incredible software MediaPortal
    * The talented creators of the StreamedMP skin that I have used as base for this skin (and to mattsk88 for giving me permission to use it).
    * The creators of the MediaPortal Black & White skin for allowing me to use their very nice looking logos.
    * The maker of Aeon Stark (Djh) for the best skin ever in my opinion. I use the classification images from this skin.
    * Antony for providing initial help and ideas (creator of the MediaPortal Horizon skin)
    * Pilehave for sharing his concept around the menu editor.
    * All users of the X-Factor skin that have provided feedback
    * And finally a big thank you to all skinners out there that have created great skins that in some way have inspired me to this.

The team behind the X-Factor skin
    * cul8er (Skinning)
    * dlarge500 (Testing)
    * rekenaar (Testing)

Best Regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: About the X-Factor Skin (R526)

Hi,

I have started a new thread to prepare for the new version of the x-factor skin (R526). I will upload the new version very soon. Stay tuned.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi ysmp,

The new version actually uses both the new and the old. I have updated screenshots in this thread and the screenshot thread to reflect what will be released. The images in your link is old and does not reflect how the new version will look;)

cheers
    cul8er

jojo1411

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Will the new version support MP-TVSeries v2.5.0 Stable Release [03-Feb-2010]??

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Cul8er,
    THANKS!!!!

Got one question. Inside movingpicutres. When selecting a movie for details (press enter once), is it possible to press channel up/down to go to the next/previous movie in the list (while in detail view ofcourse)? Or should this be in the plugin request thread?

Thanks again!! :)

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Cul8er,
    THANKS!!!!

Got one question. Inside movingpicutres. When selecting a movie for details (press enter once), is it possible to press channel up/down to go to the next/previous movie in the list (while in detail view ofcourse)? Or should this be in the plugin request thread?

Thanks again!! :)

Awesome idea!

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Cul8er,

Just to check or make you aware. Did you remove the download of the new X-factor R526 ? Its not there anymore. :( I asumed you may be adding support for TV-series or something, or fixing a critical bug. But since there is no mention of it by you, I thought I'd check. :)

THANKS!!!! :D

[edit 12:00]
    I just read your reaction below.
    Im not going to pollute this thread further by replying. I'll just edit this post.
    Sorry for asking such a stupid question like above. I asumed the download already WAS there... :mad: I missed the bit you qouted. :( Sorry for my ignorance.

Feel free to delete this entire post. Its useless.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi edterbak,

I have started a new thread to prepare for the new version of the x-factor skin (R526). I will upload the new version very soon. Stay tuned.
    I have not created that version yet so there have never been a download for this;)

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi,

Here is a screenshot of the new look of the menu editor. Hope you like it. All buttons and fields have tooltips help now. Hopefully this will make the editor easier to use.

cheers
    cul8er

Attachments

• xfactor_menu_editor.jpg
      xfactor_menu_editor.jpg
      263.2 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom