About the X-Factor Skin (R683) (2 Viewers)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi emph,
    thank you for your tips... I've downloaded and ran the grabber and I imported the files into the thumbs\clearart folder. but my xfactor doesn't show anything new when I pause a tv serie...

Perhaps it's only implemented for when you press F9 (info on remote)?

Emph

I get the clearart on Pause as well as on Info.

arctork

Portal Member
    August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi,

It was because I didn't have "Start with Basic Home" checked. Thanks for the help you guys. I at least am now able to make changes in the config and then see that something has changed. How I get it to do what I want is another question though. I guess I'm still plowing through the documentation. But I'm on my way.

I downloaded the moving pictures plugin ... but I'm not sure how to install it. It is a rar package with a folder structure and some xml files. I'm not sure where to put anything, but I will have to see if I can find some documentation.

Thanks again.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Offtopic to xfactor - sorry cul8er...
    ...arctork, why don't you rather take the MovingPictures installer file?

arctork

Portal Member
    August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yeah I did find the installer in the end ... I guess wherever I got it from initially was an older version and only came in a rar.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    :) Cul8er,

Just saw MP 1.2Alpha is available. Can I expect X-factor to work with it? Or do I need to change the version number in the xml. Or are you going to update current version?
    Cant wait to try this out. :)
    Thanks for all the outstanding work you are doing. Things you do for us all makes a lot of difference in the MP user experience. :) I mean all things, like X-factor, CLR, FanArt Handler, Grooveshark!!! THANKS!!! :D

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I upgraded MP to 1.2 alpha. Xfactor is mostly OK but, is it just my system or is the TV guide not aligned properly. The text of each show of each channel is lower than it should be. The text hangs halfway the channel below it. I dont have a screendump, but will do so if needed.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thank for your report. MP1.2 has a lot of things that a skin need to implement (for example to get keyboard and tvguide) to work. X-Factor is NOT MP1.2 compatible and will not work in all areas if you use MP1.2.

My intension is;
    1. MP1.1 users will have to continue to use current version of x-factor. No new releases/updates.
    2. For MP1.2 users I will update the skin to support MP1.2 (and subcentral). This is then the version that will get continued support.

I currently don't have the time to support two versions of x-factor (and two versions of CLR, Fanart Handler ...).

best regards
    cul8er

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom