Add direct access to moving pictures filter in basic home editor? (1 Viewer)

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
October 28, 2009
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello,

I played with the basic home editor and *really* appreciated to be able to create menu entries jumping straight to views or filters in my tvseries.

I was just wondering if the same could be done for moving pictures?

I'd like to create different menu items for my movies for kids, my anime movies and the rest of my movies...

Thanks for your feedback,
Felix

felix_clerc

Portal Pro
October 28, 2009
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello,

Wow, what a fast and pleasant answer!
Glad this is going to be implemented, this will definitely turn my MePo in a more WAF friendly application!

I will carefully look at all updates of bothe the moving pictures plugin and streamedMP skin!

Thanks a lot,
Felix

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello,

Wow, what a fast and pleasant answer!
Glad this is going to be implemented, this will definitely turn my MePo in a more WAF friendly application!

I will carefully look at all updates of bothe the moving pictures plugin and streamedMP skin!

Thanks a lot,
Felix

Code for this will being going in this week along with My Videos views support, MyMusic view support is already in but MyMusic and My Videos support will not be active untill 1.2beta is released. The moving pictures support will be avaible with next patch (notthe one we released today).

thx

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
January 13, 2008
London
Hello,

I played with the basic home editor and *really* appreciated to be able to create menu entries jumping straight to views or filters in my tvseries.

I was just wondering if the same could be done for moving pictures?

I'd like to create different menu items for my movies for kids, my anime movies and the rest of my movies...

Thanks for your feedback,
Felix

digging up an old thread (sorry!), but never knew you could do this! how do you create menu entries that when you select it, it goes into the "unwatched" filter for tvseries and then have the main menu item always show "all" shows?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You would select 'All' view from the 'Parameter' field on TVSeries main menu item. You would then either create a new main menu item and repeat for Unwatched view or create a sub-menu on the TVSeries 'all' item and create a bunch of new menu items pointing to different tvseries views.

You can look at the Editor wiki for help.

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    London
    i was looking at the wiki and wondering why i couldnt find the "parameter" option, seems like its 1.2 only, might have to upgrade to 1.2 for this feature. *goes off to download*

many thanks, cant believe how good a combo mediaportal+streamedmp makes everything look!

got 1.2b and the compatible versions of the plugins installed, however i cant get movingpics to do a unwatched selection (tvseries works perfectly), i've tried setting both the main "movies" menu and a level1 menu option to "unwatched" from the parameters choices.

none of the filters work but if i select "unwatched" whilst in movingpics, it filters correctly (verified by the # of movies available), its not a big deal, its probably more important for tvseries but hey if the option is there.. :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Can you provide your logs after attempting to load the unwatched filter in movpics from basichome.

Also if you can attach your usermenuprofile.xml located: c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\

lanceuppercu

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2008
    London
    can do, when you say attach logs when attempting to load the filter, what exactly do you want me to do for it to produce logs, and where would the logs be? (im a newb at this)

attached the file, however mine is a XP install with E: as the system partition so i got the file from here: "E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal"

Attachments

• usermenuprofile.xml
      10.7 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Having a look at that menu attached it shows that no parameter was saved for MovingPictures. Are you sure you added one? Open editor again and confirm you have and then remember to click Generate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom