Added Option to play TS Files with Movie Codec (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But i can understand Tourette point that some .TS has subtitle teletext inside the stream, that say teletext sub for me on CSAT package is broken so ....(but that another story).

I think therefore it is nice to have the option. :)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, it is unfortunate if this patch breaks teletext subtitle support for .ts files in My Videos. Perhaps we only need to use another splitter if there is external subtitles stored with the .ts file?
    1. Single .ts file -> Use TSReader
    2. .ts and .srt files (for example) -> Use system default splitter (probably LAV or even TSReader)
    No need for an extra Configuration option in this case :) However this might not be a good idea if there's other things than subtitles to consider...

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Yes, it is unfortunate if this patch breaks teletext subtitle support for .ts files in My Videos. Perhaps we only need to use another splitter if there is external subtitles stored with the .ts file?
    1. Single .ts file -> Use TSReader
    2. .ts and .srt files (for example) -> Use system default splitter (probably LAV or even TSReader)
    No need for an extra Configuration option in this case :) However this might not be a good idea if there's other things than subtitles to consider...

That wouldn't work with the non-TsReader compatible TS files. Such files can be sourced from cam recorders etc.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Since we are talking about a change to the way MP operates, we should have a good reason to change the behaviour (hence the discussion).

I agree that the video player should be consistent, so it should use the splitter selection set by the user (in Config), and we default this to LAV at present.

So we could either have another selection pop-up (just for .ts splitter selection), or for .ts files only use the splitter filter merit - if we make the TsReader.ax merit very low then the 'selected' splitter would be used, but anyone (like me or tourettes) who wants to use TsReader can just set the merit high enough to make it the preferred splitter filter.

Any thoughts ?

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm changing mind and the way it's supposed to work (i mean this branch)
    I'm working/debugging to see if it's ok, so it give that :

#1 : TVPlugin will always use TsReader
    #2 : Movie Player or external plugins, will use TsReader or Another Splitter (LAV Splitter) depend on New added option. (here no merit involved, if option is turned off, it will use TsReader + TV Codec setting).

The black point (not really one) is to document all third party TV Plugins (Argus) to send correct value to tell MP to use TsReader.

Hope it's ok, i will push the change on branch when i finish testing :)

For information, LAV Splitter handle DVBSub with MPC-HC Engine, we need to test if Teletext one will work (but i think not).

Last edited:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Since we are talking about a change to the way MP operates, we should have a good reason to change the behaviour (hence the discussion).

I agree that the video player should be consistent, so it should use the splitter selection set by the user (in Config), and we default this to LAV at present.

So we could either have another selection pop-up (just for .ts splitter selection), or for .ts files only use the splitter filter merit - if we make the TsReader.ax merit very low then the 'selected' splitter would be used, but anyone (like me or tourettes) who wants to use TsReader can just set the merit high enough to make it the preferred splitter filter.

It would still break teletext subtitles for normal users. They dont know what a filter is, no clue about TsReader and filter merits are a complete hebrew to them. Also I wont want to break non-MP applications + .ts files with the high filter merit :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Default option will be off (so no change) user will not see any change :) but if user want to use the new option, he can turn it on..
    I continue my regression testing :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom