Added Option to play TS Files with Movie Codec (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Since we are talking about a change to the way MP operates, we should have a good reason to change the behaviour (hence the discussion).

I agree that the video player should be consistent, so it should use the splitter selection set by the user (in Config), and we default this to LAV at present.

So we could either have another selection pop-up (just for .ts splitter selection), or for .ts files only use the splitter filter merit - if we make the TsReader.ax merit very low then the 'selected' splitter would be used, but anyone (like me or tourettes) who wants to use TsReader can just set the merit high enough to make it the preferred splitter filter.

It would still break teletext subtitles for normal users. They dont know what a filter is, no clue about TsReader and filter merits are a complete hebrew to them. Also I wont want to break non-MP applications + .ts files with the high filter merit :)

In new branch no merit in involded, that mean, if we set TsReader with low merit, TV will always work from TVHome and MyVideo too relayed on setting option.
    If OFF, MP will use/load TsReader code (that use TsReader.ax)
    If ON, MP will use the Splitter set in MP Config (by default LAV Splitter)

By Default, the option is OFF, so it was working like before, but if user want to use LAV Splitter from MyVideo, he must set the option to ON.

:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom