Added support for File Explorer (1 Viewer)

bloasfist

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I threw a skinfile together for File explorer. This plugin has more options (delete, rename, folder support and more) than my explorer, so i'm using this. It's old, but it works like a charm. Besides, my explorer isn't maintained to well either.

I've attached skinfiles. Note: i didn't alter the explorer_dialog.xml, explorer_modulepreview.xml and explorer_musicpreview.xml (yet). Maybe i will (one day), but i've never actually used these functions...

fileexplorerscreenie.jpg

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi bloasfist,

I'm actually working on File Explorer plugin (since a long time).
    Some improvements :
    - Multi-Language support (actually en, fr and de). :)thx: Andrew Domarkas for de file)
    - Trying B3 and B3wide skins (without .png) :( and Xface (with .png). :)
    Also, xml files names were changed for this plugin, to avoid confusion with MyExplorer plugin.
    One example of new skin name for this plugin : File Explorer_main.xml

I saw you already added support for some skins.
    Then, if you are OK to rename your files and, provide your skins files, I will be pleased to integrate it on the future MPE1 installer.
    Regards.

bloasfist

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've attached a new version. Most important improvement: it now works :p. I built the initial version while MP running using My Refresh, starting out with my earlier b&w1080p version of this skinfile. Using myrefresh it didn't matter that i removed id's 6, 7, 9 and 10 but a complete restart of MP showed me otherwise (no contents where showing at all!).
    So i've put the missing id's back, and while i was on it, made some minor improvements (paths are shown now).

Hi bloasfist,

I'm actually working on File Explorer plugin (since a long time).
    Some improvements :
    - Multi-Language support (actually en, fr and de). :)thx: Andrew Domarkas for de file)
    - Trying B3 and B3wide skins (without .png) :( and Xface (with .png). :)
    Also, xml files names were changed for this plugin, to avoid confusion with MyExplorer plugin.
    One example of new skin name for this plugin : File Explorer_main.xml

I saw you already added support for some skins.
    Then, if you are OK to rename your files and, provide your skins files, I will be pleased to integrate it on the future MPE1 installer.
    Regards.
    Use the files anyway you like! I'm looking forward to newer versions of this plugin! Is there a thread somewhere?

Attachments

• bg_facade_mirror.png
      bg_facade_mirror.png
      13.1 KB
    • explorer_modulepreview.xml
      30.7 KB
    • explorer_musicpreview.xml
      30.7 KB
    • explorer_textpreview.xml
      30.7 KB

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

New thread for File Explorer is here :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/file-explorer-72076/

I suppose I modified too much plugin because, I tested your skin files for Black Glass and Black & White 1080 skins, with renaming.
    And, it seems not working (Please, see screenshots).
    Also, I noticed "Menu left" and "Menu right" where hardcoded.
    This should not happen, since labels are localized, now. ;)
    Have a nice day.

Attachments

• File Explorer_Black Glass.JPG
      File Explorer_Black Glass.JPG
      66.8 KB
    • File Explorer_Black & White 1080.JPG
      File Explorer_Black & White 1080.JPG
      122.7 KB

bloasfist

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

New thread for File Explorer is here :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/file-explorer-72076/

I suppose I modified too much plugin because, I tested your skin files for Black Glass and Black & White 1080 skins, with renaming.
    And, it seems not working (Please, see screenshots).
    Also, I noticed "Menu left" and "Menu right" where hardcoded.
    This should not happen, since labels are localized, now. ;)
    Have a nice day.
    I've updated the main and facade xml's to make it work with your version. Also added the actual 'menu left' and 'menu right' buttons (i used the right mouse button accessing these, so removed them from my initial release) and i modified the dialog xml, making that one work as wel. See attached files. I might do the same for b&w1080p, when i find the time.

For people who don't wanna search for all the seperate files; i posted a .zip with all of them here.

Attachments

• file explorer_main.xml
      30.7 KB
    • common.facade.split.xml
      30.7 KB

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I threw a skinfile together for File explorer. This plugin has more options (delete, rename, folder support and more) than my explorer, so i'm using this. It's old, but it works like a charm. Besides, my explorer isn't maintained to well either.

Hi!

Thanks a lot for the skin. I've reworked a little the files to iron out some defects. They are included in version 1.5.5 of the skin!

:D:D:D

Tgx

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    I've reworked a little the files to iron out some defects. They are included in version 1.5.5 of the skin!
    Hello,
    Then, what do you prefer ?
    - Keep files on your skin release.
    or
    - Integration inside File Explorer plugin ? (If so, may I have latest files, please ?)
    Regards.

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Then, what do you prefer ?
    - Keep files on your skin release.
    or
    - Integration inside File Explorer plugin ? (If so, may I have latest files, please ?)
    Regards.

Hi!

I'll keep the files and mantain them!

Thanks

Bye

Tgx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom