Adding Explorer To TV Server Processe Tab To Stop Standby (1 Viewer)

gperkinson

Portal Pro
October 28, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi Fromaron,

Thanks for the note.

Tonight MP recorded 2 channels at the same time, there was then a break in recording for 1/2 an hour and then I got the "Cannot Start Timeshifting - No Free Card Available" error without the machine going into sleep - never had that before??

Thoughts??

Regards

Graham

gperkinson

Portal Pro
October 28, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi All,

I recieved the error again this evening between recordings, however this time the machine went into S3 sleep, however I had the machine set to stay awake in Powerscheduler between the recordings i.e. the machine is set to stay awake between 6:00pm and 11:00pm and went to sleep at 7:30pm.

This brings me back to Powerscheduler and the fast S3 sleeps routine and I'm wondering whether this might be causing my issues.

I have extensive logging enables, however I re-booted, so I think I lost the important log files - doh!!

Does anyone know how to re-activate the TV Tuner Card without re-booting??

Cheers

Graham

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

gperkinson

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for the note.

I have the reinitialise setting ticked in the Advanced tab after S3 sleep - thanks.

I take it the start / stop command you mention should just be written into a bat file and executed - correct? A question - does routine solve the issue because the card is released or is more about a software fault that could be causing the issue? I noticed tonight when I was recording 2 channels and tried to watch a 3rd channel I got the error (as expected) but it made me think that perhaps my problem is around MP not releasing the cards - could this be the issue?

Currently I have 1 dual Analog card and 1 dual Digital card - in NZ, everything is basically on Digital now, so I'm thinking of ditching the PVR150 card and going to another dual Digital card and allocate 1/2 the channels to each card, that way I can record / watch up to 4 channels - I was then thinking there could be less chance of the error happening as well? Any thoughts on this??

I'm waiting for the error to happen again and will drop some logs files onto the forum.

Cheers

Graham

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom