Aeon Menu Generator (1 Viewer)

the_ult

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Looks pretty good.
But i'm missing the fact that you can't read you're current basichome.xml and edit it.
Or edit the menu-items which you've added for your new basichome.xml.
And it would be cool if it would be possible to edit the possition of the menubar. (I like it when it is lower )

but it looks very promissing.. Good work!

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Looks pretty good.
But i'm missing the fact that you can't read you're current basichome.xml and edit it.
And it would be cool if it would be possible to edit the possition of the menubar. (I like it when it is lower )

Thanks. I'll definitely look at adding the option to move the menu bar and saving a template of sorts for editing later on.

On a side note, does anyone happen to have the original blank focus image? It doesn't matter if it's a psd or a png. I had to manually remove the text from the one embedded in the app and it made the gradient not look as good since I couldn't recreate it very well.

Juggels

Portal Member
January 12, 2008
Awesome job on the tool! One thing I am not yet able to do is create a Play DVD button... I tried c/p'ing it from the original basicmenu.xml but that only messed things up even more... Any suggestions?

the_ult

Portal Pro
June 30, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Looks pretty good.

Thanks. I'll definitely look at adding the option to move the menu bar and saving a template of sorts for editing later on.

On a side note, does anyone happen to have the original blank focus image? It doesn't matter if it's a psd or a png. I had to manually remove the text from the one embedded in the app and it made the gradient not look as good since I couldn't recreate it very well.

That would be very cool. I'm looking forward to it. :D

question: which tool and programming language are you using? (Visual Studio .NET with C# ? )

runarius

Portal Pro
February 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
actually, I can't get it to work... tried multiple times, with the new version too... same problem, blank screen in mediaportal.

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
actually, I can't get it to work... tried multiple times, with the new version too... same problem, blank screen in mediaportal.

For each item's background folder, enter just "movies" or "music" (or "radio", whatever the folder name should be), not a full path.

Awesome job on the tool! One thing I am not yet able to do is create a Play DVD button... I tried c/p'ing it from the original basicmenu.xml but that only messed things up even more... Any suggestions?

Do you mean you can't create a button image or you can't find the correct window for Play DVD?

question: which tool and programming language are you using? (Visual Studio .NET with C# ? )

Yes and yes.

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Hi J :)

Awesome tool, just sat down today to look at MP moding again today when I discovered it.. This looks really good, just generated a new basichome for myself =)
That basichome.xml was pretty hard to edit manually so again: awesome!

Now to my suggestions/questions: I wonder if you could make another button called "generate low menu", a basichome with the menu shifted more towards the bottom.. Its not a big deal for me to just move everything with ultraedit, but I imagine that its not a big job to implent compared to what you've allready done(?)

Also, this is a "bug" thats been around since the first version of this port came to be, the bug when you first open MP (or as you exit the default menu item). Things tend to stack on top of each other on the left side of the screen.. Does anybody have any idea why thats happening? Its fixed as soon as you go left or right, so a possible fix could be to force it to do just that when you open MP(No idea how tho), and when you exit the default menu item.

As for the mvid thingy I was looking at, I will try to help you if you give me latest v link.

thx again!

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Now to my suggestions/questions: I wonder if you could make another button called "generate low menu", a basichome with the menu shifted more towards the bottom.. Its not a big deal for me to just move everything with ultraedit, but I imagine that its not a big job to implent compared to what you've allready done(?)

Also, this is a "bug" thats been around since the first version of this port came to be, the bug when you first open MP (or as you exit the default menu item). Things tend to stack on top of each other on the left side of the screen.. Does anybody have any idea why thats happening? Its fixed as soon as you go left or right, so a possible fix could be to force it to do just that when you open MP(No idea how tho), and when you exit the default menu item.

As for the mvid thingy I was looking at, I will try to help you if you give me latest v link.

thx again!

Darre,

Thanks and it's good to see you back. Specifying the position of the menubar is already on the todo list, so no worries there.

I saw the bug that you're talking about and I'm not exactly sure why it's happening. I figured it would persist, though, since this is based 100% on the original xml. I've looked at it and can't find the cause, but I think it's button #2s second nofocus from the left. If anyone knows the cause please let me know so I can fix it.

Juggels

Portal Member
January 12, 2008

Do you mean you can't create a button image or you can't find the correct window for Play DVD?

Well, creating the button images is pretty straight-forward, so I managed to do that. The problem is indeed that I can't find the correct window/plugin ID...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom