Aeon Wide (1366x768) (4 Viewers)

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
You can enter your CD in shares view if its added as a share in MP config (and it probably is)

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yes, I can switch from 'Database' view to 'Shares' view and browse to the CD to play it, but it seems like a really convoluted way of going about things. I would have thought that playing a CD is one of the basic functions of a media centre, and figured the loss of a 'Play CD' button to be an oversight by a skinner who doesn't play CD's? Really, does no-one play CD's anymore?
Can anyone tell me how to add a 'Play CD' button to the Music section? I've looked at the code in other skins that have a 'Play CD' button, but adding buttons is starting to get a bit over my head!

akajester

Portal Pro
October 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yes, I can switch from 'Database' view to 'Shares' view and browse to the CD to play it, but it seems like a really convoluted way of going about things. I would have thought that playing a CD is one of the basic functions of a media centre, and figured the loss of a 'Play CD' button to be an oversight by a skinner who doesn't play CD's? Really, does no-one play CD's anymore?
Can anyone tell me how to add a 'Play CD' button to the Music section? I've looked at the code in other skins that have a 'Play CD' button, but adding buttons is starting to get a bit over my head!

Sorry, I ripped all my music to hard drive years ago. Wouldn't hurt to have it though. do the blue skins have it?

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand

Sorry, I ripped all my music to hard drive years ago. Wouldn't hurt to have it though. do the blue skins have it?

Yes, they do.
Pic attached.

Attachments

• PlayCD in Blue3.JPG
    PlayCD in Blue3.JPG
    68.9 KB

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Sorry - not on my HTPC at the moment, but what happens if you hit the Play DVD button in Basic Home with a CD in the drive rather than a DVD?

(Assuming of course that you've enabled the Play DVD button in home screen plugin, and have the correct basichome.xml that supports it - ie. the button works for DVDs). If it works, just change the Play DVD text in basichome.xml to Play CD/DVD.

Adding a Play CD button to the My Music screen should be a snap, though. Just need to copy/paste/finesse the layout for it to work.

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    what happens if you hit the Play DVD button in Basic Home with a CD in the drive rather than a DVD?

(Assuming of course that you've enabled the Play DVD button in home screen plugin, and have the correct basichome.xml that supports it - ie. the button works for DVDs).

Yeah, I've tried that - just asks for me to insert a disc (ie, a DVD - the CD is in the drive)

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Yeah, I've tried that - just asks for me to insert a disc (ie, a DVD - the CD is in the drive)

Rightyo. In that case it's just a matter of getting the Play CD button into the My Music xml file.

Give this file a go. This is completely untested (as I said, not home on my HTPC at the moment) - just editing the xml blind. I've thrown in both a Play CD button and an Eject Disk button. Try it out, see what happens, but for the love of gawd, back up your original mymusicsongs.xml!!

Cheers,

Rob.

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Rightyo. In that case it's just a matter of getting the Play CD button into the My Music xml file.

Give this file a go. This is completely untested (as I said, not home on my HTPC at the moment) - just editing the xml blind. I've thrown in both a Play CD button and an Eject Disk button. Try it out, see what happens, but for the love of gawd, back up your original mymusicsongs.xml!!

Cheers,

Rob.

Thanks for your help - unfortunately, still no-go with that .xml file; still no 'Play CD' button or 'Eject Disk' showing in the music section :(

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Thanks for your help - unfortunately, still no-go with that .xml file; still no 'Play CD' button or 'Eject Disk' showing in the music section :(

Hmm, something was borked in my XML - that's what you get for trying to code without testing. Dunno what it was, but here's an amended version, and a screenshot of the result on my HTPC. Both buttons do what you would expect.

Cheers,

Rob.

EDIT: Also realised that there are two files that needed to be changed (which is why you didn't see the menu change in the database view). Second xml file now attached...

Attachments

• Play CD Fix.jpg
      Play CD Fix.jpg
      45.2 KB
    • mymusicsongs.xml
      30.6 KB
    • mymusicgenres.xml
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom