Aeon Wide (1366x768) (2 Viewers)

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Thanks for your help - unfortunately, still no-go with that .xml file; still no 'Play CD' button or 'Eject Disk' showing in the music section :(

Hmm, something was borked in my XML - that's what you get for trying to code without testing. Dunno what it was, but here's an amended version, and a screenshot of the result on my HTPC. Both buttons do what you would expect.

Cheers,

Rob.

EDIT: Also realised that there are two files that needed to be changed (which is why you didn't see the menu change in the database view). Second xml file now attached...

Thankyou, very much! They work great!:D

To whoever looks after the release versions, these changes should definately be commited to the public release :D

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
see my other post on this page regarding the top menu, for instance.
I believe RC4 has reduced the flickering issue I was experiencing.

Besides that references.xml should be updated to not show the warning.

I'm willing to do some work but changing stuff in basichome is hard. Already took a look, the topbar buttons get's repeated alot in XML...

I fixed this. It was really easy and the solution I thought up (placing topbars inside a group) works mostly.
The behaviour is gone for the left-right navigation of the topbar buttons but remains when pressing up from the menu to get to the topbar. But it's a start!
This should really be implemented in the menu generator.

Edit:
Now I really kinda understand basichome.xml. It's just so much repitition (which apparently is necessary to make things work).
It would maybe be a start to seperate topbar buttons in a group like I suggested and maybe each individual screen in it's own. If something would be done to improve the formatting of the xml it would really make things more readable

crazyfool

Portal Pro
October 8, 2008
i didn't know whether to post this here or in the menu generator thread so i posted in both... hope thats ok... my problem is that i've edited the basichome xml file to get rid of the buttons i dont need and i have replaced the movies button to replace it with a button of the same name which links to moving pictures... however whenever i add the moving pictures button then when i open mediaportal the home screen is blank, it either has the plugins background showing or a plain grey one but there is no menu... i can hear the menu in the background and if i blindly press enter i end up on the tv page...weird... i have attatched the basichome which i want to add moving pictures to... can anyone help me out and try and add the button for me cos i cant get it to work..

Attachments

• Basichome.xml
    30.6 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The next AeonWide update is waiting on the basichome being fixed for the topbar to not cause the background to flash to grey and back again.
    As needs to be reflected back into the menu generator would be nice if sambal could take a look at this.

Will see if he has time to have a look.

Sambal

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    see my other post on this page regarding the top menu, for instance.
    I believe RC4 has reduced the flickering issue I was experiencing.

Besides that references.xml should be updated to not show the warning.

I'm willing to do some work but changing stuff in basichome is hard. Already took a look, the topbar buttons get's repeated alot in XML...

I fixed this. It was really easy and the solution I thought up (placing topbars inside a group) works mostly.
    The behaviour is gone for the left-right navigation of the topbar buttons but remains when pressing up from the menu to get to the topbar. But it's a start!
    This should really be implemented in the menu generator.

Edit:
    Now I really kinda understand basichome.xml. It's just so much repitition (which apparently is necessary to make things work).
    It would maybe be a start to seperate topbar buttons in a group like I suggested and maybe each individual screen in it's own. If something would be done to improve the formatting of the xml it would really make things more readable

I don't think this has to be fixed in the skin files. It has to do with a change to the MP code which i think is resulting in a wrong skin state.
    I filed a bugreport for this issue here.

Grouping does prevent some flickering but i don't think it is the solution to this problem.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MyLyrics 1.1RC skin

As Mackey has released a version of MyLyrics with LRC now working I have skinned this version, it can found here, dont want to double post. Also I have a few problems getting this to look right because of the way the plugin controls visibilty of skin elements, raised this and when a full release comes out I will post the skin file here.

Trevor

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I've modified Pretoriano's SvtPlay.xml a bit and added a few other stuff. I understand about 5% of the xml structure so there's not any big changes. Moved some text to the right and added some different backgrounds.

If you want to have Svt play on your basic home, it can be done with the menu generator. Just select svtplay in the list to the left and type "svt" (without quotes) under the folder name.

I hope that someone with more experience in xml could do a proper skin file now that the plugin's been updated and is almost fully functional. I would like to see some support for icon view as well :)

Unrar the file and paste into ..Mediaportal/Skin dir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom