Aeon Wide (1366x768) (1 Viewer)

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    After editing the reference.xml I have never had a problem with out of date warnings I still use this skin with newest MP.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    After editing the reference.xml I have never had a problem with out of date warnings I still use this skin with newest MP.

Not sure what the issue is here, I have updated the 1.0.1 patch archive with the correct referances.xml and also attached a copy here.

I have tested this against my 1.0.1 version and have no issue, might be good see you mediaportal.log file when this happens.

Still working on an update for this skin when work allows, slower progress than I hoped for.

Cheers

Trevor

Topstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2008
    Arnemuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    update introduction text

"Mediaportal-svn-05-16-2008--23-38-Rev19127 (or later) IS REQUIRED to run this release properly."

Perhaps, someone can update the intro?

The above text doesn't really encourage you to try it out....

(and since Aeon Wide is running on MP 1.01.....)

Thanks 2 the developers for this great skin!

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is somebody allready busy making a Aeon-Stark port to mediaportal?

Actually, I think that Psycho Reptile has begun porting it for us, based on Monochrome .xmls. Keep your fingers crossed it will appear soon.

Emph

jerbob92

Portal Pro
    February 29, 2008
    Renswoude
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, this i love this skin! I also love the MyYoutube plugin and it's very incompatible with Aeon! So i tried something out and it ended quite well, this is what i have so far(look at attachment!)

I have a few problems, links wont seem to hover(there sould be an dark bar behind it)
    And when i change the view there are no images, help would be appreciated!
    Source is included in Attachment too

Attachments

• YOUTUBE.JPG
      YOUTUBE.JPG
      122.3 KB
    • myyoutube.xml
      30.6 KB

jerbob92

Portal Pro
    February 29, 2008
    Renswoude
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Im not actually sure how i've done it but it works! Built it over and over again, and now it works! Not really sure about the HQ part but that's a programming problem. Here's it! I have changed my file to pick the background out of the map youtube, i copy/pasted every image from video/music/games/emulator in that map, but something you have to do on your own!

Attachments

• myyoutube.xml
      30.6 KB

VisualDigits

Portal Member
    June 6, 2008
    Near Kiel
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

since Aeon is my favourite skin ever and it is in the graveyard for some time now, I decided to try an upgrade.
    As a base to start from I used the latest version which includes the RSS Ticker.
    What I did:
    • Integrate the cahnges from 1.0.x to 1.1.x
    • Replaced RSS Ticker by the infoservice (using the PureVision Skin as template)
    • Since the lower area of the basic home screen is used for current channel preview I use the lower black bar for the feed stripe
    • Placed the weather info in the the right (yet empty) black area

All this looks like this now:
    preview_home.jpg

Maybe all this is not perfect for now, bt it works for me with the MP 1.1. alpha. Since I don't use recording at this time I did not test these screens. I checked out video, images, music and tv screens - all these seems to work fine.
    If something des not work correctly, please post it here, maybe we are able to dig this skin out of the graveyard again :D

Here the patch, just install the latest Aeon version and put the contents of the archive to the skin folder:
    View attachment Aeon Wide_mp-1.1_patch.rar

Greets
    VisualDigits

Omen

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    i just tried out your changes, i've not finished everything yet but seems to be working ok, I think the biggest thing for me personally would have to be someone making a new tvseries xml's that are fully compatible with the newest versions.

very nice work though, nice to have another skin to choose from :D

VisualDigits

Portal Member
    June 6, 2008
    Near Kiel
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Omen,

good to hear that it is working. Does mp tv series work with the current 1.1 builds? I did not tested this out - this would be my next target then since I also used this plugin.

Regards
    VisualDigits

Edit:
    Okay I watched the tv series thread - it seems they are fiddling around with some skin changes which where made for 1.1 alpha - I think the best is to wait for this to be completed at least for the blue3 wide skin and the porting that to Aeon.
    Bye for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom