Aeon Wide (1366x768) (3 Viewers)

inspector-71

Portal Member
August 6, 2008
manchester
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
thanks for the quick reply

unfortunately that didn't help (i also couldn't find the button to link to the user files from the config but I had been deleting c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\team mediaportal\mediaportal\cache.

anyway, i have found the solution

I had disabled menu animations because they had been annoying me in monochrome. when i put them back on it was fine

thanks again for you help and support

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Perhaps I'm just late to the game with this, but I found this via the meedios forum last night. There's a new site that's been created as a repository for Music/Game/Weather backdrops for Aeon-type skins.

Home Theater Backdrops - Home

I would encourage everyone to upload their own to that site as it could become a great resource for us.

Took a quick look and it's better then the solution that's outthere created by some TV-Series plugin guys I believe?
It's more organized.

I think it's too bad their almost only HD ready resolution images. Might change if more people contribute.

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
I'll try it, let's see your mockup tho :p

Here ya go.. Got lots to do so only 2 quick mockups, with my very limited photoshop skills^^ Not completely satisfied with the size of the blackness, but you get the idea. Did not bother to add controlls etc at the top either..

Anyways me reason for making this mockup is that I just feel black belongs more in this skin then the blue glass thingy, even tho thats what the author use.

edit:

That xml you are using now, wanna share it? =)

edit2: Woops things went a bit too fast, got all the covers placed way to high :p If I get time tomorrow Ill redo it.

Attachments

• black_myvids.jpg
    black_myvids.jpg
    488.4 KB
  • black_myvids2.jpg
    black_myvids2.jpg
    301.8 KB

Djang

Portal Pro
November 3, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
@midgar
I'd say that's because of the resolution. You could fiddle around with the positions in the basichome.xml, the file is huge though so might take some time to find the right one.
I guess using the aeon menu editor won't solve these issues you are having.

@Djang:
That's a default skin file which is not working too good :) The adjusted file should be here somewhere, but I just attached it to my post cause I couldn't find it myself.

If you see these kinda screens that means their just not optimized for Aeon Wide yet. Done a lot of skinning to get all of these screens out of the way on my system. The last 10 pages or so you'll find posts of mine with lots of skinfiles attached. (by the way, I didn't do the MyFilms myself, credit goes to someone else, I believe Trevor)

Hmm strange!? if I use you're MesFilms.xml file MP crashes, the other files are wotking great but as soon as I hit My Films with your file MP crashed.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hmm no such problem here with myfilms. Dunno what's causing it.

edit:
I'm using MyFilms 4.5 (the latest, I believe the one for MP 0.2.3.0 SVN and up)
Running MP 1.0RC2 last weeks SVN build. Planning to upgrade to new SVN tomorrow.

But then again, I didn't do these screens my self, so I guess Djang is using a bit older version of MP or MyFilms?

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Sure you guys have the same version of mesfilms? Might be one of you use a svn version or something?

Djang

Portal Pro
November 3, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Deinstalled everything and reinstalled with the newest files.
Everything works great now. I think I made a mistake in the settings.
Works fine now thanks again!

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'll try it, let's see your mockup tho :p

Here ya go.. Got lots to do so only 2 quick mockups, with my very limited photoshop skills^^ Not completely satisfied with the size of the blackness, but you get the idea. Did not bother to add controlls etc at the top either..

Anyways me reason for making this mockup is that I just feel black belongs more in this skin then the blue glass thingy, even tho thats what the author use.

edit:

That xml you are using now, wanna share it? =)

edit2: Woops things went a bit too fast, got all the covers placed way to high :p If I get time tomorrow Ill redo it.
    I like it, post the bg gradient and I'll see what I can do ;). I think I'm gonna have to keep the original overlay design, my new idea is causing all sorts of havoc :(. Currently working on the automatic background recognition based on files in a "fan art" folder in the MP skins directory, this way you can keep the fan art in the same place when using different skins. I'm also tring to incorporate displaying of title, selected item or imdb number for background names :D

Regards the xmls:

I know, a lot of peeps are after a few of my additions/changes, but I'd like to polish them off a bit more. Also you will need to bear in mind that a lot of new gfx have been created and will mess up quite a few of the "fixed" screens posted by everyone :oops:

Just hang in a little longer ;)

dietbutcher

Portal Member
    February 4, 2007
    MP-TV Series Issue

Great Skin!

Having an issue in MP-TVSeries where after I move around the different series for a couple of minutes, Media Portal isn't showing where I am moving the Cursor to or what I am selecting... I can still hear the sounds of moving around, but there is nothing showing up on the screen.

Has anyone else had this issue do I just need an updated version of tvseries.xml that someone can post?

Thanks for any help.

I am using MP-TV Series 2.0.3114

Djang

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @ Joz.
    Could you post a screenshot of your My film settings. IT seems as soon as I change some settings it starts with the crashing again. Standard skin seems to work fine. I thing I make mistakes in the My Film settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom