Aeon Wide (1366x768) (1 Viewer)

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Yeah, I got this problem with my "aeon basichome" for titanium, I didn't use any image for the rss feed, so I wanted the feed to start right at the edge of the screen.
That didn't work at all, so I pushed it towards the right untill it worked.. If I remember correctly 20 is the magic number(Like joz discovered).

What a right pain in the a** that is....explains a lot though....

db_no

Portal Member
August 17, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
The EPG search does not work. It is something wrong with the mytvsearch.xml file. Copying it from another skins makes the EPG info wotk, but the formating does not work.

dA.oOZe

Portal Pro
February 8, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I am using the latest version from their site - at least I think so as I downloaded from there. Will check the version when I get some time. But thanks for the hint.

I am using version 1.2.1.0 of 4tr and the skin files from the Aeon wide 1.1 release, all start 4TR_ (single underscore) and have no problems.

One thing I did notice is when upgrading 4tr you have to uninstall first, but the uninstall does not remove the 5 4tr .dll files from the plugins\windows directory - I had to remove these manually before I installed a upgrade version.

For info the .dll files I have are dated 18/07/2008 21:03.

Trevor
I checked the version and it says "1.2.1.0" in the "about"-screen within 4TR - seems that I am using the latest version. But maybe I made some mistake with the plugins .dll files...? Can't remember to have changed anything there, just ran the installer. But I will check the filedates.

I was now able to check the version of my plugins files. They all read 18/07/2008, the only difference is the filetime which is one hour later (22:03). Maybe that's because of my timezone which is GMT+2?

My problem still persists, using the most recent versions of all components. Any suggestions??

Maybe I should try a fresh install of 4TR?

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
I was now able to check the version of my plugins files. They all read 18/07/2008, the only difference is the filetime which is one hour later (22:03). Maybe that's because of my timezone which is GMT+2?

My problem still persists, using the most recent versions of all components. Any suggestions??

I am at a loss on this, I have checked with a couple of others I know using this plugin/skin/version combination and no reported problems.

Maybe a plugin reinstall would be worth a try, make sure you clear all the skin files and .dlls before reinstalling.

When you copy the skin files back you should not need double underscores in the filename, I dont.

You may want to hang on as I here 1.3 should be out in a couple of weeks...

Trevor

Darre

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
you can use a program called "tortoise svn" to download from svn.

The formating rules should be included in the aeon wide 1.1 package available in the repository.

dA.oOZe

Portal Pro
February 8, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany

I am at a loss on this, I have checked with a couple of others I know using this plugin/skin/version combination and no reported problems.

Maybe a plugin reinstall would be worth a try, make sure you clear all the skin files and .dlls before reinstalling.

When you copy the skin files back you should not need double underscores in the filename, I dont.

You may want to hang on as I here 1.3 should be out in a couple of weeks...

Trevor
Okay, I tried with a fresh install:
- I removed 4TR completely from my system (except for the database) and manually removed all plugin files that survived the uninstall (TvServer plugin)
- Re-downloaded 4TR from For The Record - View topic - For The Record 1.2.1.0 and installed it with default installation options except for the webinterface
- Configured TvServer plugin and MP-plugin

A reboot is done after every step resulting in ... the same problem I had before :(

One thing I noticed is, that there are 4TR__ and 4TR_ files being installed for BlueTwo and BlueTwo wide... any idea why?? BlueTwo wide still works fine...

Maybe I should wait for 1.3 to be released. Scheduling records via management console works like a charm and recording is done as expected. I am just missing the MP integration.

EDIT:
One more thing: I configured 4TR's MP plugin to replace the default myTv screen. Might that be the problem? I am not at home atm, so unable to test it.

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
EDIT:
One more thing: I configured 4TR's MP plugin to replace the default myTv screen. Might that be the problem? I am not at home atm, so unable to test it.

Hit the nail on the head here....I was going to ask if you had configured it to replace the TV section. The 4TR__ files are the ones used for TV replacement, well pretty sure they are (not well documented this bit).

I downloaded the 1.3 beta at the w/e and that just replaces the TV section! Not that happy about that as the new live TV stuff is pretty basic... but figured this out then.

I will look at the 4TR__ files, amend and include these in a new version of 4TR skin files for 1.2.1, will not be able to do this till this w/e as do not have access to TV system on this laptop.

I also need to look at the 1.3 release, if I can get it working to my satisfaction.

Trevor

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Any possibility of somebody creating a Showtimes screen to match this skin?
    The current one doesn't seem to work properly :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom