Aeon (1 Viewer)

TheMaestro

Portal Member
May 21, 2008
Menu Items

I may VERY well have missed something obvious, but I've looked over the various MediaPortal configs, and even dabled in the skins XML files. I'm in need of a way to get rid of a few irrelevant (for my needs) menu items - namely TV, My Music Vids, Play DVD. I'm guessing MediaPortal itself doesnt give you this feature on a platter and it's something I have to alter in the skin.

My original attempts at making these changes were, shall we say, disasterous. Ive sreached the forums for "Remove menu items" but haven't come across anything relevant or that works. I'm quite comfortable editting the XML files if someone would be kind enough to point me in tehr ight direction. If this could be doable, Aeon would be a deal clincher and I could lay to rest the trust MP360 skin that was used on my rpevious AVPC build.

Many thanks in advance for any / all help that is provided, and a big high five to the talented peeps working on this little gem. It's a stunner for sure!

Also a :sorry: in advance if i'm asking a 'noob' question or have offended anyone!

Cj

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I may VERY well have missed something obvious, but I've looked over the various MediaPortal configs, and even dabled in the skins XML files. I'm in need of a way to get rid of a few irrelevant (for my needs) menu items - namely TV, My Music Vids, Play DVD. I'm guessing MediaPortal itself doesnt give you this feature on a platter and it's something I have to alter in the skin.

My original attempts at making these changes were, shall we say, disasterous. Ive sreached the forums for "Remove menu items" but haven't come across anything relevant or that works. I'm quite comfortable editting the XML files if someone would be kind enough to point me in tehr ight direction. If this could be doable, Aeon would be a deal clincher and I could lay to rest the trust MP360 skin that was used on my rpevious AVPC build.

Many thanks in advance for any / all help that is provided, and a big high five to the talented peeps working on this little gem. It's a stunner for sure!

Also a :sorry: in advance if i'm asking a 'noob' question or have offended anyone!

Cj

Have you tried going in the configuration.exe and then plugins and disabling the ones you do not use?

HTH,
patrick

darkie

Portal Member
March 13, 2008
I have exactly the same question!
I've manager to remove those items from the menu list ... and everything works ... but I still have a problem:
the places were those menu items were standing before, are now empty gaps :(

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
Just tweak the posX tags of the surrounding buttons and you should be able to compensate by moving them closer together.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Congratulations. Aeon now has its own subforum.

I'll be moving all Aeon related threads to this subforum, hope this is OK for thread author.

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just a question, I have MP running in 1080P and this does not work with Aeon.
    If I lower my resolution a little, would I the be able tu use this skin? or would it be best to be a little more patient and wait for the next version?

Looks amazing!

darkie

Portal Member
    March 13, 2008
    I really love this skin, got myself some nice movie images and seeing them rotate is just nice :)

I have a problem though ... I have some DVD iso's on my NAS and when I select one, MP will load it through Daemon tools and the skin will say: LOADING...
    and then nothing! I've waited like 2minutes and nothing ... but if I press <back> on my remote(even right after I've selected the iso), suddenly it is working like it should be. Someone familiar with this problem?

pzycho

Portal Member
    March 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Same thing happens for me. Didn't realize it was a skin thing. I just thought it was something with media portal. After you mentioned it here, I tried with spinsafe and it didn't have the issue, so it must be something with the skin.

Jarritos

Portal Member
    October 11, 2006
    Just a question, I have MP running in 1080P and this does not work with Aeon.
    If I lower my resolution a little, would I the be able tu use this skin? or would it be best to be a little more patient and wait for the next version?

Looks amazing!

Yes I have done it with my set-up. However, it looks like crap on my tv screen. I would suggest being patient. ;)

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Aeon Wide (1366x768)

I've uploaded the work I've done on Aeon to SVN. It's based on Monochrome skin files, it's not complete yet but hopefully everybody can pitch in :D

Mediaportal-svn-05-16-2008--23-38-Rev19127 (or later) IS REQUIRED to run this release properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom