Aeon (1 Viewer)

spuck

Community Skin Designer
April 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I think if you narrow the width of the filmstrip and move it left, you might be able to get a very similar screen to the original. What if you try a five wide filmstrip using a 3 scroll offset - it's something I wanted to try to see if the focus might stay still.

the focus wouldn't stay in the same place at the beginning and the end of the filmstrip, and scrolloffset doesn't even work with filmstrips. :( a bug maybe?

m0deth

Portal Pro
December 31, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is there any way to replace the busy "movie action shot" backgrounds with something a little less busy, I find the interface to be quite cool actually, but seeing jessica alba on start everyday, while she is hot, is going to get boring and dated quickly. If I could just rename the images and drop new ones in for those I wish to replace, that would be stellar. I'm the type that changes his desktop background weekly due to boredom so.....and I know I'm not alone. The backgrounds that hold their weight over time are usually abstract, and do not demand attention to work correctly.

I love the weather layout, it's Very easy to read....however the images section needs a rethink, as the satellite images kinda float over the temperature background and looks....well....horrible.

Music, Video, MyTVseries, and Pictures layouts are very nice, I'm really taken I think by the pseudo-reflective stone feel the interface has. It's very slick, progressive, and reminds me of something Harley might pull out of his creative hat!

I haven't had much chance to test the TV guide as I haven't had that working in some time since moving to fios, somehow syncing the 10 chans in the clear via svid just to get the guide to work seems silly to me in the US. I'm holding out for HD PVR support with this and the server, but that shouldn't be a problem once we start to see those roll out. This may sound crazy but...how hard would it be to script up a modular background replacement utility that one could use to switch out backgrounds from a set folder or something? Now that would be cool, interface stays the same, but easily viewable backgrounds could be rotated on start maybe or by picking in a skin utility. I'm probably barking up the wrong tree on that idea but, figured I'd throw that out.

Good luck,
great skin

m0

spuck

Community Skin Designer
April 6, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
m0deth if you had read the readme you would have seen how to add more backgrounds. ;)
They are rotated every minute now. Hopefully the ranomizing will be added with the next svn, or is it already in RC1?

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    m0deth if you had read the readme you would have seen how to add more backgrounds. ;)
    They are rotated every minute now. Hopefully the ranomizing will be added with the next svn, or is it already in RC1?

Should be already in RC1 ;)

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Randomize works with the modified core.dll posted here.

Btw spuck I changed rotation to 30 secs as I think that is better. But maybe we should create a poll on what should be standard?

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Erm, what about the IMDB view.
    Is it already finished? (can't wait :) )

Darre

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I only did the mockups.. But I can try to mash one up(nr4 I guess) so we have something for now(hopefully tonight or tomorrow). We're gonna do alot of stuff from scratch the next week(s).

Truth is I'm not satisfied with any of them, they don't give the the "wow" I want. ^^

m0deth

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    dangitall, haha, I started reading the full entirety of it this morning with coffee. I installed the skin late last night(insomnia is fun) and posted what I could remember this morning, then went back to bed, I should have this working properly once I'm done dealing with customers here. Thanks, this is gonna be so cool

crn

November 7, 2007
    hi,
    In spirit of sharing I've already posted this on XBMC forums but now that you have ported Aeon it would probably be handy to you too.
    In meedio fanart thread as part of the movies fanart project there are currently ~ 620 HQ 1920x1080 movies fanart images that work nicely with original Aeon so it should work with your port also.
    - all images are named as IMDBID.jpg so they could be used as fanart when browsing movies if that is possible in MP
    - if there are more then one image for the same movie it has number added after IMDBID (e.g. IMDBID-1.jpg)
    - meedio example: meedioVintage v2 - testing MyMovies fanart

- random 100
    1-100uoyg.jpg

Original thread and download links :
    MeediOS :: View topic - meedio FANART thread

enjoy ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom