after standby (S3): unable to start timeshift, unable to start graph (no TV possible) (1 Viewer)

Rudi99

Portal Pro
October 3, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Just to put your mind at ease even further to prove this, if you stop TVServer and close config. manually put pc into standby and then resume and restart tvserver, try and see if channels are then associated and can be previewed.

Make sure before restarting TVServer that both sql browser, sqlserver and sql writer services are running in taskmanager processes.

After that its back to bum drivers, sorry.

Ok, latest news, i tried to go like you said:

1. MP was running orrectly after first start.
2. quit MP
3. started TV-Server-Config, there stopped tv-server (verified with PreocessExplorer, that tv-server is ended)
5. quit tv-server-config by OK-button
5. manually shutdown system into standby S3 (button on htpc-case)
-- some sec waited --
6. resume system from standby (button on htpc-case)
6. verified, that mysqld-nt.exe was running after resume from S3: ok
7. started TV-Server-Config and started tv-server (verified with ProcessExplorer, wait 8 sec to detect card, don't know, if 8 sec are neccessary, was a test only)
8. quit tv-server-config by OK-button
9. started MP
10. went to TV (live-tv is set to be automatically on)
11. YEAH: TV is ok and works, also preview in tv-server-config is working

so, for me it seems to be a problem with tv-server-reinitializing or restarting after standby S3.

"Solution":
a) i would have manually end tv-server before going to standby and restart him after resuming and before MP restarts (howto?)
b) this should be done automatically, because my wife / children shouldn't have to do this manually...

Any further suggestions?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    1. MP was running orrectly after first start.
    2. quit MP
    3. started TV-Server-Config, there stopped tv-server (verified with PreocessExplorer, that tv-server is ended)
    5. quit tv-server-config by OK-button
    5. manually shutdown system into standby S3 (button on htpc-case)
    -- some sec waited --
    6. resume system from standby (button on htpc-case)
    6. verified, that mysqld-nt.exe was running after resume from S3: ok
    7. started TV-Server-Config and started tv-server (verified with ProcessExplorer, wait 8 sec to detect card)
    8. quit tv-server-config by OK-button
    9. started MP
    10. went to TV (live-tv is set to be automatically on)
    11. YEAH: TV is ok and works

If you can do this 3 times on the trot (which i believe you can) then for whatever reason TVServer is not releasing the cards (either quickly enough) or not reintialising the tuners on restart (have you tried turning this off with the increased detect card delay).

Know there are still some people running a script to kill TVServer prior to standby and restart after resume.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Also is there any kind of power management associated with the cards in device manager, if there is disable it.

Rudi99

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you can do this 3 times on the trot (which i believe you can) then for whatever reason TVServer is not releasing the cards (either quickly enough) or not reintialising the tuners on restart (have you tried turning this off with the increased detect card delay).

Know there are still some people running a script to kill TVServer prior to standby and restart after resume.
    ok, i did it again, (if you are still awake and online...). 3 times after another, my way worked: ending tv-service before going to standby and starting it after resuming: preview in tv-server-config is ok.

next i tried: increasing "delay in seconds before tv-server etects cards" to 30 sec. and unchecking "reinitialize tv-service" to OFF (in PowerScheduler - Advanced) and then going into standby without closing tv-service, tv-service was still running after resume. Then i manually waited 45 sec to start tv-server-config: preview worked, MP-T worked.

It seems, MP needs a long time to detect these cards. I'll be back soon, i test it now on "woman-conditions"... ;-)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    I'll be back soon, i test it now on "woman-conditions"... ;-)

Soon and woman do not go together LOL.

Yep try a big delay, even if it means 60 seconds, if it means recordings\watch TV work, its worth it.

good luck

Still up watching the England\Trinidad match, no contest springs to mind, but at least the Sun's shining :)

Rudi99

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice to know that you keep online, even if you're not doing that for me only... :)

what shall i say: now it seems to work, shutting down to standby from MP running, even with tv on, see the settings in the attached screenshots:

a) tv-server-config: tv-server waiting only 5 sec (my safe-setting, tomorrow i will test, if less is also working)
    b) tv-server-config: power-scheduler - advanced: no reinitialize (= off)
    c) MP-config: general - startup-delay 15 sec (tested downgoing from 30 - 25 - 20 to 15, tomorrow i will test, if less is also working)

i wait some minutes (for another answer?), then i go to bed and see / talk here tomorrow evening/late night. Thx meanwhile for your patience.

Attachments

• Zwischenablage-11.jpg
      Zwischenablage-11.jpg
      44.8 KB
    • Zwischenablage-12.jpg
      Zwischenablage-12.jpg
      47.4 KB
    • Zwischenablage-13.jpg
      Zwischenablage-13.jpg
      72.5 KB
    • Zwischenablage-14.jpg
      Zwischenablage-14.jpg
      41.9 KB

Rudi99

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yesterday, the problem reappeared :-(
    Didn't change anything over night, maybe, i should have restarted between the successfull standby/resume-trials... now i'm searching again and will try to find out more. I'll be back...

EDIT: Here i am again, i have found a little help from Frank in this thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ystar2-not-found-39947/index4.html#post273212

and now i help me with using the Tool "HibernateTrigger" the batchs shown (especially in this post:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/273212-post35.html )
    until MP (server or client) can do this for me and other Technisat-Skystar 2-Users ;-)

pmangold

Portal Member
    June 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unable to start time sift error - Similar error situation

TV-Server Version: RC1
    MediaPortal Version:
    Windows Version: VISTA SP1
    CPU Type: Atlon 4850e - 2,5 GHz
    HDD:
    Memory: 2Gb
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
    Video Card: Onboard AMD 780G
    Video Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: TechnoTrend DVB-S 3200
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card: TechnoTrend DVB-S 3200
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:

Hi there,
    I am very new to this all and did setup our brand new Media center only last week, so I did not want to open a new thread because I am getting the same error as described in this thread: "timeshift could not be started, unable to start graph". No tv possible.
    The main difference is, that I use other cards AND that I do not need to go to to stand by modus to achieve this error. Simply quitting Media Portal does the job for me.
    If I quit Media Portal (not the server) ans start it again, I can no longer watch television. If I restart the computer everything works fine again.

Any suggestions?

Rudi99

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ pmangold: Do you see any exclamations ("!") in your windows-device-manager, when this problem appears?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom