after standby (S3): unable to start timeshift, unable to start graph (no TV possible) (1 Viewer)

pmangold

Portal Member
June 13, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Rudi,
i do not know, but will take a look later tonight (the kids will not appreciate interruption of their daily television hour),
what does it mean/what can I do if there is?

The weird thing is, I even disabled the option 'auto start time shift' - although I actually do want it to start automatically - but this did not change anything and time shifting is still obviously started automatically, because I can pause and rewind instantly (which is the one thing my husband really likes the most :) ).

Will check in later - time for dinner :)

Hi Rudi, or anyone else who might have a suggestion,
I just checked the device manager (suppose it is called 'Gerätemanager')...
No exclamation marks there....

Now what?

Parn

Portal Member
November 17, 2005
Darmstadt
Home Country
Germany Germany
TV-Server Version: 1.0 RC1
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Two Wide
Windows Version: WinXP Prof SP2
CPU Type: AMD XP64 3500+
HDD: Samsung 500GB
Memory: 2GB DDR
Motherboard:
Video Card: ATI 2400
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: CLUB3D Theatron
Sound Card AC3: optical out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Win-TV Nova SE2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 4.4
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: ASTRA
HTPC Case: Silverstone
Cooling: Freezer 64 LP
Power Supply:
Remote: Logitech Harmony 525
TV: LG LC 32 2R
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI -> HDMI

Hi there

I'm currently encountering the same problem. But without Standby!
I changed from 0.2.3 (without TV-Server) to RC1 (with TV-Sever) this weekend and since back then I have problems with not beeing able to start TV.

The first day everrything worked fine. After that I suddenly encountered this problem just after boot.
First day I was able to clear the problem with rebooting...but not on the following day.

Yesterday I encountered the problem after boot and reboot (also disconnected the power supply).
I installed the latest SVN and had no success. I also updated my TV-Card Drivers and deleted the complete TV-database before reinstalling...
no success!

I will provide my logs tomorrow. Unfortunalty I have no time for working on the PC today.

FourCoffees

June 24, 2008
Nice to know that you keep online, even if you're not doing that for me only... :)

what shall i say: now it seems to work, shutting down to standby from MP running, even with tv on, see the settings in the attached screenshots:

a) tv-server-config: tv-server waiting only 5 sec (my safe-setting, tomorrow i will test, if less is also working)
b) tv-server-config: power-scheduler - advanced: no reinitialize (= off)
c) MP-config: general - startup-delay 15 sec (tested downgoing from 30 - 25 - 20 to 15, tomorrow i will test, if less is also working)

i wait some minutes (for another answer?), then i go to bed and see / talk here tomorrow evening/late night. Thx meanwhile for your patience.

Do we need a certain number of posts to give thanks? I can't see the button, otherwise I would thank you for this post. :D It's done just what I need. :)

DerSam777

June 21, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have the same problem but my card is a hauppage with new drivers. I think its not a driver problem its a MP bug!

DeJe

Portal Member
August 6, 2007
Any progress in this?
I do have same issues with RC1 and latest SVN.
I do have a TT S-3200 HD card with latest driver from Technotrend (5.0.0.19).
After Boot all is fine. But if I close MP and restart or Standby/Suspend I have to restart TVService by hand otherwise I get mentioned error message ("Can not start timeshift...").

Interresting, TV-Server Configuration can't restart TVServer (it freezes). But with services.msc from windows it works perfectly.

Rudi99

Portal Pro
October 3, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Did you try the HibernateTrigger and restarting the devices etc by batch-program as described?

Cojun

Portal Pro
March 27, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I have the same problem detected.
The TVService ist not running stable already. Problems over problems :-(
Now I have decided to rollback to 0.2.3 Final and get the same problem!!
Actually, the situation is like described below:

If I watch TV all works like a charm.
After this, I bring MP in Home screen and it will go into standby fine.
After waking up, all is find and I can look TV again.
BUT if I don´t use the TV for a long time (e.g. because watching a video or DVD) and will watch TV after the video, there is no possible way to get a TV stream. Then, MP hungs without end and I have to restart the whole PC.
Could it be that the problem occours when the TV-Card is idle?

Actually, I test this with disabled DVB EPG. Hope, I can determine what happens here. Will write back soon If I have some news.
In another thread I read something about DVB EPG grabbing problems during idle state of TVService.

Let´s discuss

Daniel

Rudi99

Portal Pro
October 3, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
BUT if I don´t use the TV for a long time (e.g. because watching a video or DVD) ...
How long is "a long time"? Is the tv-card still correctly found in your windows-devicemanager?
Did you already try one of the subversions (svn)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom