after standby (S3): unable to start timeshift, unable to start graph (no TV possible) (1 Viewer)

Cojun

Portal Pro
March 27, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Rudi,

in this case, a long time means the length of a normal video. E.g. 90 mins.
After watching a video, I cannot watch video until starting the PC again.
It feels like the complete TV-Section is freezed after klicking on "TV an".

Terrible. The I note the same issue in MP 1.0 RC1 as well as in 0.2.3 Final. For the 0.2.3 Final I have installed the latest SVN wich was available at the file repository.

Actually, my test-video is ending. I will now switch to the TV-Section. Just a minute ....
AHA ...
There IS TV now.
Before watching this video this morning, I disabled DVB EPG grapping completely from the TVService Setup.
This could be the solution.
If I enable DVB EPG, the TVServer hungs up after a specific time MP running withoug watching TV.
Could it be that the Service goes dead if DVB EPG is enabled (grabbing on IDLE or timeshifting)?

But now ... whats going on with my "womans acceptance factor" in case of new technology in living room without having EPG?
My wife arguments like this: You do so much cool things with computers, but you are not able to give me EPG? :)

Is there any other cool way to grab EPG without using DVB EPG?

Daniel

Bussiebaer

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
You can have a look at TV Movie Clickfinder. Free it offers EPG for 8 channels, with a fee of 13 Euro for a year it's over 100 channels and shows the programm for the next 14 days. There is a plugin for MP witch imports the data. But you'll need an internet connection for the update.

Rudi99

Portal Pro
October 3, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Is there any other cool way to grab EPG without using DVB EPG?
Yes, i dont use DVB-EPG, because i never could get MP to receive EPG for all channels (ZDF etc.) and so i decided to grab EPG via internet (and to prevent "womans acceptance factor"). Even if WebEPG has sometimes less / only few informations about the episodes.

I now use WebEPG (plugin, that is included in MP). 3 times a week (especcially Fr and Sa) updated is enough for me.

Cojun

Portal Pro
March 27, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hya Bussibaer,

Internet-Connection is already there for the HTPC, but its configuration is very stressy because the HTPC should only interact with the Net through a very restrictive Firewall.

Will try out your link in the next few minutes. Can you please guide me to the MP Plugin for Clickfinder? Is this also compatible with PVR Scheduler wich I am using for setting up Standby / Hibernation?

Questions over questions. At the moment I am downloading actual drivers for my NOVA-S Plus Card.

Each help to embedd Clickfinder into MP is very appriciated at the moment, because I am totally nevous regarding the TVService issues I have during last week.

Daniel

Rudi,

is there any additional software required to activate WebEPG?
Where does WebEPG takes its data?
Is this really so simple to activate the WebEPG Grabber and it runs from itself without third party software like Clickfinder?

Daniel

Rudi,

is this so easy? Only activating the WebEPG in MP Setup, set the schedule times and ready?
Works this without third party software?
Thats unbelievable!

Daniel

Yes, i dont use DVB-EPG, because i never could get MP to receive EPG for all channels (ZDF etc.) and so i decided to grab EPG via internet (and to prevent "womans acceptance factor"). Even if WebEPG has sometimes less / only few informations about the episodes.

I now use WebEPG (plugin, that is included in MP). 3 times a week (especcially Fr and Sa) updated is enough for me.

Rudi,

is this so easy? Only activating the WebEPG in MP Setup, set the schedule times and ready?
Works this without third party software?
Thats unbelievable!

Daniel

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Looks like there could be some bug in TsWriter.ax when it comes to the grabbing EPG from Germany's DVB stream. At least all you guys seem to be from germany who are having the issue. Btu thats pretty odd as gemx would most likely have spotted it out...

Cojun

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    tourettes

Could be. I had this issue in all MP Versions since the 0.2.3 Final.
    Think, there something goes wrong with the DVB EPG data since a big change of Transponders we have here in germany a few weeks ago. Until this, my 0.2.3 runs perfectly, and after them, I got big trouble with my HTPC and with my wife too :)
    First, I think its time to change the MP software to an actual release, but nothing happens. Now I am struggling around with Releases and SVNs since a whole week and nothing happens.
    Could be, that it will be rund now after disabling DVB EPG.
    I am still testing on this.

Rudi99

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Cojun: Please, open a separate thread for your questions about EPG, i always get "new post" mesages to things, that don't concern this thread... thx.

pmangold

Portal Member
    June 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HI Deje (and other forum members as well of course),
    I was away on holiday until yesterday so I had no time to play around the last 12 days. Have you managed to approve the situation?
    I will try to install some of the latest SVN's this week, allthough I am a bit scared to make the situation worse
    (my kids will kill me, and my husband won't like it either..).
    Right now it works so far, so if you did discover anything worth knowing, please let me know!
    Thanks and I will post my experiences later this week.
    Petra

markuspop

Portal Member
    March 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Skystar2 S3 problem with RC2

Hello Rudi99 and all others,

I just upgraded to MP/TVServer 1.0, RC2 and it works better than any version before for
    me. Unfortunately there is the same problem with the SkyStar 2 PCI (no HD) card like
    you described.

Just after resuming from S3 standby the error initially described by Rudi99 occures.
    Restarting TVService seems not to help for me, I think it's a more TV card / driver
    related problem, since I had the same problem with MP 0.2.3 and the non-BDA driver
    for the SkyStar2. But with the non-BDA driver there was an option in the driver that
    prevented windows from turning off the card, that solved the problem for in in ages
    of 0.2.3.

With MP1.0 RC2 I need to use the BDA driver, and this one does not have that
    option, unfortunately.

So anybody solved this problem especially with the Skystar2 card.
    TechniSat Support is not even able or willing to understand that problem ...

Thanks,
    Markus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom