After watching full episode in ext player all text is gone (1 Viewer)

Beave

Portal Member
November 3, 2006
It was asked before, but needed to be posted in a new separate thread:

I just repeat what was posted before:
when i watch an episode till the end and then close my external player to return to mp, all texts and pictures exept the backdrop are gone. there is no list of episodes, or descriptions of them. i have to restart mp to get everything working again.
the strange thing is, that if i start a video, and lets say after 5 minutes stop it again, everything is fine. the problem just appiers when i watch for a longer time.

hope somebody can help

system: windows 7 x32, mp 1.1.0 beta, MP-TVSeries v2.3.3538, Zoom Player, streamedmp skin v0.9.601

n3w813

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have the same problem, thought I was the only one so I didn't bother posting about it :p

Almost same specs as the poster above
Win 7 32bit, mp 1.0.1, tvseries 2.3.3538, zoom player, streamedmp 0.9.601

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Does this occur every time? Also can you try a different external player e.g. MediaPortalClassic.

n3w813

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2008
    Home Country
    I did some testing and have more info on this problem.

1. Switching to using MPC instead, results in the same issue.

2. This ONLY happens if I'm using "Unwatched" view, and the episode that I'm viewing is the LAST unwatched episode of the series.

3. "All" view works fine after viewing the last unwatched episode.

I guess TVSeries don't know what to do when returning from an external player when the last unwatched episode is played through an external player. Like the original poster stated, the only way to get TVSeries running again is to close MP and restart.

Hope this helps, ltfearme. :)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I did some testing and have more info on this problem.

1. Switching to using MPC instead, results in the same issue.

2. This ONLY happens if I'm using "Unwatched" view, and the episode that I'm viewing is the LAST unwatched episode of the series.

3. "All" view works fine after viewing the last unwatched episode.

I guess TVSeries don't know what to do when returning from an external player when the last unwatched episode is played through an external player. Like the original poster stated, the only way to get TVSeries running again is to close MP and restart.

Hope this helps, ltfearme. :)

Thanks n3w813 for narrowing down the issue, any chance you tested last unwatched episode in Unwatched view using the default internal player? I tested on my machine and it was fine, so will raise an issue on the tracker about External Player only.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Strange, I just tried to reproduce but couldn't. Was it a random occurrence? It is possible we have already fixed it.

n3w813

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Strange, I just tried to reproduce but couldn't. Was it a random occurrence? It is possible we have already fixed it.

I will upgrade to the latest version and test again tonight if I have time (most likely not until tomorrow since I have school until late).

BTW, the error may not occur if you do not watch a full 1hr (~45min) tv episode. It is random when you only watch the episode for couple of minutes and exit out of the external player. But I can firmly say that the issue occurs 99-100% of the time when I watch a full episode to the end.

Will report with my findings soon. Thanks for looking into this ltfearme! :D

ADDING: I have another HTPC that use the internal player of MP only and I'm fairly sure that it does NOT have this issue. This HTPC is in my bedroom so it does not get used that often.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    When I say the latest version I mean SVN, so even if you upgrade you wont have the *very* latest.

n3w813

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Ok, I'll try the MP-TVSeries v2.3.3589 Stable Release [29-Oct-09] first, and report back. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom