After watching full episode in ext player all text is gone (1 Viewer)

ced007

Portal Pro
July 7, 2008
Haute-Savoie
Home Country
France France
Tested with Avalon and problem still happens.
The "rate episode" option reduces the number of time the problem happens, but it happens anyway.

Steelman1991

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    There is a new MPC-HC version out for a while, v1.4.2499.0 to be exact, which also requires DirectX June 2010 update, so try that please.

And I'm still curious in the reasoning for wanting to use MPC-HC for MediaPortal.

PS: Try: %filename% /play /close /fullscreen as it is the correct way to launch MPC-HC, so that the filename is parsed before parameters, as parsing them afterwards can lead to issues.
    Hi folks

Anyone else who might happen to stumble across this thread, looking for a solution as I was, should read the above very carefully. I had the relevant parameters, but in a totally different order to the above. After changing them to the correct order - the issue of losing text on return from playback was resolved. Tried testing with differing combinations and each one without fail produced problem, until they were again restored to the correct order.

ltfearme - I left a comment on the bug report thread, don't know whether you want to delete it or do you want me to edit accordingly.

thanks

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Steelman1991, feel free to update the issue tracker. Hopefully this fixes it for others.

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    I tested it. I already had the correct parameters to start mpc-hc, I have uninstalled mpc-hc version I had (latest svn) and installed the latest stable release (the one you mention) but the problem still happens...

mattwakeman

Portal Member
    February 16, 2008
    Have starred this as an issue as I keep having problems with this. Using Potplayer and if I play an episode (and yep, it does seem time related) then have to bug out of MP altogether. Not critical but annoying nevertheless.

Edit: Works like clockwork on tv shows that are longer than 45 mins. Any number of shows can play less than that one after the other but the first time that I play a long episode regardless of whether it is the last unwatched one or not then as soon as I exit the player (I can tab back in and the list will still be there but..) then the list disappears and I have to reload MP. Would love to be able to give you any more information to sort this out because it is really rather vexing.

Edit2: Still happens even if there is only one tv show listed in the plugin. Bizarrely though when it happens and I have had to restart MP then I get an error message (Win7 by the way) that MP has stopped working. I will continue to investigate...

Edit3: Uberstrange. I have MP set up on three different pcs but on one of them everything works properly with an external player but only if the files are on a networked drive. If they are stored locally then the list disappears but via wifi, no problems. Hmm, off to go and thump my head on table whilst I try and work out just what is going on here...

Edit4: Just tried with a completely fresh install of Win7, MP, streamedMp and Tv series and the same problem. Had to exit out of MP and when I did so I was told that MP had stopped working and gave me this error message. No idea if it will be of any actual use but it can't hurt right?

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: mediaportal.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.2.2.0
    Problem Signature 03: 4ef0b311
    Problem Signature 04: System.Windows.Forms
    Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 4a275ebd
    Problem Signature 07: 1521
    Problem Signature 08: 130
    Problem Signature 09: System.ObjectDisposedException
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057

n3w813

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Maybe this will help narrow down the issue for the devs.....

With Avalon skin, no issues at all. I can play any file for longer than 45 minutes with Zoom Player without any issues.
    With the mod Avallonis skin, issue comes back. Any play time over 45 minutes results in this issue.
    Same issue with StreamedMP skin.

TheRipper7

Portal Member
    March 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    I keep checking this thread hoping someone will find a solution for all but no luck so far. Mine has gotten to the point that it happens with every episode I watch. Watch, exit MP, restart MP... I use KMPlayer, and I did also try Potplayer, Media Player Classic Home Theater etc. I also tried 3-4 skins...

mattwakeman

Portal Member
    February 16, 2008
    Just tried again with tv-series 3.31 and Media-portal 1.3. One episode (last ep of Game of Thrones which was about an hour and five minutes long) and that was the only thing in tv-series as it was a fresh install. Watched the ep using potplayer and as soon as it finished and I closed down the player just like before all of the text was gone.

Back to xbmc for me though I will keep looking in to see if this gets fixed/

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Just tried again with tv-series 3.31 and Media-portal 1.3. One episode (last ep of Game of Thrones which was about an hour and five minutes long) and that was the only thing in tv-series as it was a fresh install. Watched the ep using potplayer and as soon as it finished and I closed down the player just like before all of the text was gone.

Back to xbmc for me though I will keep looking in to see if this gets fixed/

You do realize that when you only import 1 episode, and use default settings that it hides watched episodes, guess what will happen when you finish watching the 1 episode you imported?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom