After watching full episode in ext player all text is gone (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just tested with the latest MPC-HC with following command line: %filename% /play /close /fullscreen

Played 3 25min episodes back to back with no problems.

xtzclassic

November 1, 2010
    Just tested with the latest MPC-HC with following command line: %filename% /play /close /fullscreen

First of all thanks for a great looking plugin!

I am having this issue aswell after playback. Running latest Streamed MP and latest TVSeries, MP 1.1.0, latest MPC-HC.
    My reason for using MPC-HC is because I have some files with HD-audio I need ffdshow-tryouts to bitstream this to my av-receiver.

Tried your settings in commandline, but my text still disappears. Will now try the trick with setting it as watched. A bit annoying this. Will try to upload my debug information.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

First of all thanks for a great looking plugin!

I am having this issue aswell after playback. Running latest Streamed MP and latest TVSeries, MP 1.1.0, latest MPC-HC.
    My reason for using MPC-HC is because I have some files with HD-audio I need ffdshow-tryouts to bitstream this to my av-receiver.

Tried your settings in commandline, but my text still disappears. Will now try the trick with setting it as watched. A bit annoying this. Will try to upload my debug information.

Have you tried setting up MediaPortal to use ffdshow? I believe there is a seperate branch that specializes in that setup even.

xtzclassic

November 1, 2010
    Have you tried setting up MediaPortal to use ffdshow? I believe there is a seperate branch that specializes in that setup even.

After your suggestion I tried to setup MP to use ffdshow. I am having a weird issue though (maybe because I am on x64 OS???) that MP's internal player won't play anything! Not .mkv, nor .avi.
    So I figured I had messed with some settings andsomething was wrong, so I unistalled MP and all of its plugins. Reinstalled clean and no plugins: same issue. Won't even load a player... Now that is weird.

So for now I am back with using external player for now...

Did you see anything from my logfile?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    After your suggestion I tried to setup MP to use ffdshow. I am having a weird issue though (maybe because I am on x64 OS???) that MP's internal player won't play anything! Not .mkv, nor .avi.

I use x64 OS as well, never any problem. But MediaPortal is 32-bit, so you need to be sure you setup and configure the 32-bit codecs as well, so that MediaPortal can use them. Both the MPC-HC Stand-Alone filters as ffdshow-tryouts work for me on 64-bit Vista/Win7, so you might want to retry your testing, but be sure to grab the 32-bit versions.

bxr

Portal Member
    June 8, 2009
    Any solution on this problem?
    I have the last version with MP 1.1.3 & win7 and still have the problem every episode!
    One thing I noticed is that it happens when the MPC closes and the focus returns to MP. You can see it happen. Some kind of refresh that ruins the gui.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Nope, because it cant be reproduced in development environment...sorry.

Any particular reason why you need external player for? Whats wrong with the internal one if you dont mind me asking?

pan

Portal Member
    January 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Nope, because it cant be reproduced in development environment...sorry.

Any particular reason why you need external player for? Whats wrong with the internal one if you dont mind me asking?

I gave up on MPC-HC myself a long time ago because of this and switched to the internal player. The one thing lacking in the internal player for me is the ability to adjust the audio delay using the remote control to fix sync issues which MPC-HC can do.

Apart from that though the internal player is very good.

Just to point out when I was using MPC-HC any shows less than half an hour always worked fine, it was only when playing the 45 minute shows that the problem would happen.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    The one thing lacking in the internal player for me is the ability to adjust the audio delay using the remote control to fix sync issues which MPC-HC can do.

You could use ffdshow for audio and then setup keyboard mapping inside the ffdshow config panel to adjust audio delay, and then map those to remote control buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom