After Windows 10 update Mepo is f***d (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am still getting the unhandled exception and the log cannot get to the point of finishing it's analysis.
    You mean the "...MPTemp\tvserver_Gentle.log" file one?
    ...and you're getting that even after deleting the folder as previously directed?
    That would be very odd.
    Please close all MP-related applications - installer, MediaPortal itself, MP Configuration, TV Server Configuration, watchdog... everything. If you know how, use Windows task manager to ensure all of those processes are really stopped.
    Then, delete that MPTemp folder again.
    Finally, try the watchdog one more time.

Should I remove it (Mepo) all again?
    Well, the removals you've previously done have actually made the problem worse and made it harder to help you. I don't recommend it, but I guess it is your choice.

freetoair

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Well hopefully you have seen the logs that I managed to upload now your expertise can help. Yes uninstalling may have worsened the problem, but I was super frustrated..........and thought a fresh install would fix the problem.

My bad and I am paying for it now!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well hopefully you have seen the logs that I managed to upload now your expertise can help.
    Yes, got them thanks. :)

TV service log file says:
    [2015-08-15 04:20:28,400] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:192.168.1.65
    [2015-08-15 04:20:28,400] [Log ] [TVService] [ERROR] - Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. Since there is already another server in the db, we exit here.
    [2015-08-15 04:20:28,400] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: Failed to initialize TVServer

In other words, your computer name or IP address has changed. The only ways to fix this are:
    1. Change computer name and/or IP address back to what they were previously.
    2. Update the contents of the TV Server database Server table to match the new computer name or IP address. You can use MySQL Workbench, HeidiSQL, Squirrel SQL or any other SQL client you're familiar with.
    3. Run TV Server Configuration (SetupTV.exe) with the /Configure-DB switch/option. You should see the standard TV Server database connection configuration dialog:
    upload_2015-8-15_15-56-39.png

Change the "schema name" field (can be almost anything alpha-numeric without spaces).
    Test.
    Save.
    WARNING: this will create a new TV Server database. Previous settings, channels, schedules etc. will be lost.

4. Do a complete uninstall of MediaPortal and TV Server including TV Server database (in your case MySQL), and ensure the MySQL data folders (ie. where the database files are usually stored) have been deleted. The process will fail if you don't fully delete the database and datafiles.

Hope that helps. :)

P. S. Unfortunately uninstalling/reinstalling almost never helps. Sometimes it doesn't change anything, but more often than not it makes problems worse as you've found out.

freetoair

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Well, these are very in depth and useful instruction, I could never have been able to figure this out by myself. I will now try to resolve the issue
    Thanks a lot for your help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just in case it wasn't clear, it is one of the four options... not all of them.
    Don't hesitate to ask if you get stuck. :)

freetoair

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2012
    Home Country
    For some reason. I cannot generate the set up page database connection image that you have posted even when I click on tvserver exe. My PC's name is unchanged, so I am bit confused as to where the conflict has occured. I think I will go with option 4 and pay attention so that the removal is thorough.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For some reason. I cannot generate the set up page database connection image that you have posted even when I click on tvserver exe.
    You need to be working with SetupTV.exe if you're going to do that.
    Right click on the shortcut to TV Server configuration.
    Change target by adding the "/Configure-DB" part on the end. For example, on my PC:
    original "C:\Program Files\MediaPortal\Server\SetupTv.exe"
    modified "C:\Program Files\MediaPortal\Server\SetupTv.exe" /Configure-DB
    Apply and close.
    Now when you open the shortcut you should see the DB connection thing. Just don't forget to change the shortcut target back to what it was before after you're done.

P.S. I have to go out in the next half hour.

freetoair

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2012
    Home Country
    I think the problem her was due to partial removals and lack of lateral thinking. I am going with option 4. I will post back once I have finished. The ball is now in my court. The total removal should resolve everything. Meaning a fresh install will fix the problems. My computer name is the same even after Windows 10 update.

freetoair

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Thank you so much for your support and patience. The system is now up and running perfectly. You have really provided a useful insight in terms of troubleshooting and log analysis. Huge thanks again! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread