AirPlay - anyone working on a plugin ? (1 Viewer)

fiendmish

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Someone took out a project hosting on google code for a plugin for mediaportal called Airportal but there's been no activity on the site for ages.

Its a worrying thing but I'm considering switching back to MCE just to use the airplay plugin :(

rich76

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2006
    Home Country
    What I use as a work around is a program called Aerodrom its a service that runs in your task bar. If you have mediaportal open it will just put aerodrom player on top of mediaportal and then when you press stop on your idevice it automatically closes taking you back to mediaportal. You have to make sure nothing is playing in mediaportal 1st though or you will get no sound in aerodrom player just video. As it not a plugin for mediaportal it could also be used even if mediaportal isn't running.

Here is a link to the website http://funky-factory.blogspot.co.uk/p/versionsinfo.html

I have the full version but they also have a free demo version

Hope this helps

Rich

Matt Kirby

Portal Member
    June 14, 2009
    Home Country
    A similar work-around is a program called AirFoil: http://rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/windows/, which I have used and it works well.

It just grabs the audio stream of whatever is playing and broadcasts it over your network - so don't get track information from MediaPortal (which a proper plugin could do) but you do get the audio.

Last edited:

Greedo

Portal Member
    October 25, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'm really looking for an AirPlay plugin too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work. Spotify desktop app installed on same computer as you are going to use with MediaPortal Getting ready Create an app at spotify, use this link: Dashboard | Spotify for Developers, you have to login. Click...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Prerequisites A Spotify account (free or premium) I've not tested with a free account, but according to spotify it should work...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter to the profile. I'll try to add this option in the next version. PS: please use official thread
    Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter...
    I have the current (1.0.2.0 level) World Weather Lite plugins installed on x86 and x64 different MP1 copies. When Location is...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I have installed an MP1 server and MP1 clients. Now I want to connect a Raspi to the MP server. Is there a HowTO for this? I installed the MPserverKodi plugin, shared the corresponding directories, and activated smb under Windows. Nevertheless, Kodi remains with the message 'PVR Manager is being tested: 0%
    So far I have installed an MP1 server and MP1 clients. Now I want to connect a Raspi to the MP server. Is there a HowTO for this? I...
    So far I have installed an MP1 server and MP1 clients. Now I want to connect a Raspi to the MP server. Is there a HowTO for this? I...
    Replies
    Views
    The optimum settings for EPG grabbing will depend on your location in the world, and how you use your HTPC, so there is not a single setup that will suit everyone. This page in the Wiki explains some of the factors involved. The timeshift and idle grabbers can both be enabled if you wish, but the optimum settings for the timeshift...
    The optimum settings for EPG grabbing will depend on your location in the world, and how you use your HTPC, so there is not a...
    Since the BBC integrated their regional programs into their BBC One HD channel in the last couple of weeks my MP2 shows "No program...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom