AirPlayer - AirPlay target for MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

Neild7744

Portal Pro
July 25, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I'm getting 'unable to play URL' coming up when I try to play from YouTube. This seems to happen when I've restarted my PC. I've tried the same suggestions as mentioned in earlier posts...resetting my router, re installing the plugin and nothing seems to work. Only when I do a clean install does it start responding correctly. I've also found loads of things won't play from my iPhone via airplay, but will from my ipad? I like this plugin. Have been using it a lot, but the only thing that seems to let it down is its reliability. I'm not sure whether it's a change on my network etc or the actual plugin that's causing the problem!

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I need to see a debug log from a failed playback to be able to help.

ehrenko

June 29, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    YoutTube iPad app iOS7

Everything looks good until..

[06-29 13:40:00,344] [AirPlayerBufferThread] [WARN ] System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800C000D
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
    at AirPlayer.VideoPlayer.BufferFile()

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    YoutTube iPad app iOS7

Everything looks good until..

[06-29 13:40:00,344] [AirPlayerBufferThread] [WARN ] System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800C000D
    at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
    at AirPlayer.VideoPlayer.BufferFile()
    The latest version of the YouTube app has started sending nonsensical urls. I'm not sure if it's deliberate or a bug in their app but AirServer and XBMC are also affected (I would be interested to hear if it's still working on an official AppleTV?).

The workaround is to go to the YouTube website and play from there.

ehrenko

June 29, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I did some looking and found that its effecting everyone. XBMC as well.

To answer your question about Apple TV, I tested it since I have one and AirPlay is indeed working. This doesn't appear good.

Questions on the Google Product pages are going unanswered as well.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    There doesn't seem to be any way round it, it appears to have been deliberately disabled for everything but the AppleTV (including AirServer and XBMC) - using the YT website is your only option

jimSelf

Portal Member
    February 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for this great plugin! Spotify + MePo + Airplayer rocks!
    It would rock even more, if the sound would be on all speakers instead of only two of my 5.1 system.
    Is there a special way to configure the audio output of AirPlayer or where would I configure that?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks for this great plugin! Spotify + MePo + Airplayer rocks!
    It would rock even more, if the sound would be on all speakers instead of only two of my 5.1 system.
    Is there a special way to configure the audio output of AirPlayer or where would I configure that?

This isn't currently possible from the plugin, The audio is sent by the device as a 2 channel stream encoded with Apple Lossless Audio Codec, the plugin decodes it to PCM and passes it to whatever audio renderer is configured within MP. To upmix you would need something like BASS engine but I have tried and failed to get it to work due to the way the BASS player is implemented within MP (I can't pass a byte buffer directly as far as I can tell). Your only option would be to see if you can adjust the settings on your surround system.

Thecork

Portal Member
    May 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thanks , Brownard, for update :)

Just tried the new version . Unfortunately , there is no video at all , doesnt matter what is a source - tried from app, browser, recorded video .. also when video is started, there is no usually appeared message on the player screen on apple device - "this video played on bla bla_airplay device" - the video continuing to play on apple device , but sound - on MP ...

Interesting - is this only on my system ? (n)

logs attached

P.S. yesterday I updated my IOS to latest one 7.1.1, not sure that this is a reason of problem , just for info ...

tried to downgrade airplayer , installed previuos version with only app playing issue - same problems

seems that apple performed some critical change in 7.1.1 ... damn :(

Update - I noticed that I have very old bonjour version installed 2.0.2 - basically this is a version distributed by apple as dedicated installation , bonjour installed by itunes is 3.0.0.10 ....

But I dont like itunes :), thats why I selected dedicated installation ... Ok, so I just downloaded the latest itunes , unpacked the installer and again installed bonjour.msi separately , but now - latest version ... And its working :).... Sorry for inconvenience, I hope that at least this information will be useful for someone :)

Just discovered this awesome plugin, thanks very much! I'm having the same issue as above...audio works fine, but videos, no matter what source, play on iPad with sound on media portal.

Also when first playing, sound does not come through mepo until I press a volume button on my iPad, only need to do it once, but as soon as I do works fine. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom