Not open for further replies.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    dman_lfc said:
    Thanks Rich - ntativrv40 is now the new default for AIW 9x00 cards.

I don't know if the AIW7x00 and AIW 9x00 VIVO devices are affected by this software update.
    Only you can tell me...

DMAN

Hello DMAN, just to let you know that after upgrading my drivers to catalist version 5.5 the default for my AIW 9000 pro is now ntativrv35 (upped 1 number from 34). Changing this in CaptureCardDefinitions.xml makes it recognize the card in config but completely breakes the graph: it doesn't work anymore (no TV only sound, no recording, no timeshifting). 'Messed up' graph and log file are available if needed.

Thnx.
    Ruud.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ruud,

OK - see the link in the first post of this thread.
    Follow the instructions there and also send me the log and graph you mentioned.

DMAN

U

umproko5

So is it completely necessary to install ATI's MMC to get Media Portal to work. And will media Portal work with the lastest Catalyst 5.6 drivers.
    /Jason

U

umproko5

This is weird,
    Live TV works when not recording (can't watch and record at the same time).
    Timeshifting doesn't work when watching live tv.
    When recording ... Timeshifting is indicated (and live TV isn't available as stated above).
    Is this how MP works or is there something wrong?
    /Jason[/list]

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There are two ways AIW support works...

AIW 9600 and above in Hardware engine mode - i.e. Timeshift etc
    AIW 9600 and below/earlier in Software engine mode - i.e. No Timeshift, no viewing when recording.

Now since you have a 9700 it should work in Hardware mode, but from your post it does not seem so.

Are you using CVS? If not can you try that please?

DMAN

U

umproko5

Thanks, it works now ... but ... CPU at 100%.

What should I run the for codecs?
    ... currently using Cyberlink Video/SP decoder (ati) and Cyberlink Audio Decoder (ATI).

/Jason

LastMar

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2004
    umproko5 said:

... currently using Cyberlink Video/SP decoder (ati) and Cyberlink Audio Decoder (ATI).

/Jason

I'll have to remember that... For now I just get a black screen on my 9800 Pro. A few versions ago it worked.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    umproko5 said:

/Jason

Unfortunately I don't think the P3 you have is not going to be quick enough. The AIW card software encodes the content and the card just helps the acceleration.

You'll probably have to wait until the AIW engine is brought back to life or buy a true H/W Encoding card.

DMAN

LastMar

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2004
    It might be asking a lot, but can anyone give me instructions on how to set this up so the TV works? I have an AIW 9800 Pro, what version of the ATI drivers, MMC, video codec, audio codec, tv capture card setting, and other settings that need to be set up? Because I still only get a black screen. I'm using the first June 13 CVS version.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom