AIW Card support (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon230873

Portal Member
August 1, 2004
New Zealand
yes you are right Richtv you shoudl have to if you are using the HW or MCE device but fo r the SW device you do.

Nwhost1 when you set you card up in MP there is a setting for which audio device to use (only not gryed out for SW ATI) In that choose your sound card then in the other drop down box choose line in

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you card is being detected as a General H/W, MCE or S/W card then you need a CVS build.
    Basically ATI keep changing the rules with its drivers - so if you're using the latest Catalyst drivers - get CVS.

Rule of thumb...

If your card uses the WDM_NSP driver then it will work in MP hardware engine and you'll get MPEG-2 Encoding, DVR-MS recording & Timeshifting. (i.e. ATI 9600 or above)
    If your card uses the WDM_SP driver then it will work in MP software engine and you'll have to use software encoders and you won't be able to use the DVR-MS engine. (i.e. below ATI 9600)

Some ATI 9x00 based cards recently dropped off the WDM_NSP driver support list from ATI so you have two options.

1. Try and force the card to use the WDM_NSP drivers or
    2. Stick with the Catalyst version that natively had your card supported with WDM_NSP.

DMAN

jon230873

Portal Member
    August 1, 2004
    New Zealand
    Thanks dman_lfc, I thought that could be the case as I am sure I have had MP 1.2 and the cat 5.4 drivers working together.

I did apply the lastest CVS last night for other reasons and although the autotune doesn't work, the ATI card selection has come back to normal. I think CVS's before the 10th of June will work fully with the Catalyst 5.6 drivers remembering to install ATI MMC 9.8 otherwise MP can't build a graph.

tacroy

Portal Member
    March 3, 2005
    new release?

Do these instructions work with 1.3? and will they work with 2.0? Im thinking about upgrading to 1.3 tonight and wanted to be sure i could still follow these instructions to make my AIW useable.

ant

Portal Member
    October 11, 2005
    An Ant Farm
    As an owner of ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AIW (128 mB)...

... with CATALYST driver v5.2, is it OK to install Media Portal? I was told I do not need to remove MMC v9.0.3.1 from my Windows XP Pro. SP2 system.

pglenn

Portal Member
    January 7, 2006
    I am able to view TV while watching but not when recording. Following are the GRAPHEDIT images. hopefully they can help fix my problem

mp_watching_aiw9800pro.JPG

However when recording I dont get any picture, just a black screen, and this is the graph

mp_recording_aiw9800pro.JPG

I get the following error when I try to connect the "ATI Rage Theater Video Capture" preview or capture to the VMR-9 filter

these filters cannot agree on a connection. verify type compatibility of input pin and output pin. no combination of intermediate filters ciuld nbe found to make the connection. (return code 0x80040217)

and I try to change the settings for each filter/pin and I cannot:

could not connect preview--> VMR input nor capture--> VMR input

could not disply properties for VMR-9 filter nor VMR-9 pin

could not change any pin properties for CAPTURE or PREVIEW

0.2.0.0 RC2

WIN-XP MCE
    Athlon 64 3200+
    GIGABYTE GA-K8NSNXP-939 nForce3 Ultra
    1gb Ram, DDR SDRAM 400
    ATI AIW 9800Pro
    MMC 9.03
    Catalyst 5.13 Windows XP Media Center Edition

pglenn

Portal Member
    January 7, 2006
    BTW - I did see in the very first post that TIMESHIFTING mus be ON to view while recording, however I dont see any options to have TIMESHIFT always on, and in the TV section I am unable to select the TIMESHIFT option at all

Jguy_ca

March 7, 2006
    Canada
    Newbie with ATI AIW 9000, live TV have video but no sound.

Hi Everyone,

Please excuse me for double posting since nobody answer my last topic.

I just install Media Portal 0.1.3 as I heard that's the last version that support S/W capture card like ATI AIW 9000. I am able to get using XMLTV ( I used myHTPC before), watch the TV screen on "my TV" section, but no audio at all. I scheduled a record but it doesn't list on the Schedule section on my ATI MMC 9.08. Please could anyone give me a detail instructions on setting it up correctly? Thank you.

Regards,
    Jguy_ca

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If it's a AIW below the 9600 then it's no longer supported as ATI's encoders don't work with it.

The alternative is to use another software encoding application such a WinDVR. I can do that however it's extra cost for you to purchase that.
    On the brightside we can now configure the WinDVR encoders quality settings with the latest CVS.

DMAN

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom