Alternative Wide Banners layout for MP-TVSeries (1 Viewer)

Which "Wide Banner" view do you prefer

• New Style "Wide Banner List + Selected Poster"

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • Old Style "Wide Banner 4x3 Grid"

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
May 17, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
How about mixing them - the 4x3 grid of banners, with the poster of selected series at bottom left with show description next to it

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    By the looks of the results so far, I will possibly create an option in the installer to select your favourite WideBanner layout (But this will only apply to the Default style not the Fanart style).

I still think the 4x3 Grid layout needs some work, for instance it would probably be better to remove the default background image behind the banners. I can also even add a Poster down the bottom (however the size would be questionable).

Omen

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I love how easily i can scroll through the old grid view, I use it and wouldn't even consider changing if given the choice.

I'd bet almost everyone that uses it now sticks with it solely because it displays the most shows on screen, personally the i way i see it getting better is to show even more banners at once. ie, 4 * 4 rather than 4 * 3

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    From the Poll, im going to make the new layout the default. However, if you dont like you will be able to choose a MOD from the setup program.

There will be a new 5x3 (increase of 3 series per page) and 5x2 Grid to choose from, these will be selectable for both the Default/Fanart Styles. I have removed the 4x3 grid as I think its not needed in this case.

I can restart the Poll if you think its warranted to include these new layouts.

You should also be aware that as of TVSeries 2.3 you can create your own views with custom series so I really dont see the requirement of navigating 100+ series in one view.

Attachments

• 14-46-23.jpg
      14-46-23.jpg
      329.4 KB
    • 16-17-51.jpg
      16-17-51.jpg
      307.7 KB

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Woohoo, those are awesome! So glad they're gonna be available for both Fanart & non-Fanart versions - can't wait!!

landshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 23, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've got about 160 series and the old layout makes it much easier and quicker to find the series I'm after. The new layout is definitely nicer looking, but for usability the old layout wins for me.

ditto! I have 60+ series, the old one makes a lot easier to browse around, but I have to say the new one does look nicer tho.

p.s. 5x3 is definitely a plus for us!!! and I do like the new poster + 10 series layout as an option too!

qwertzer

Portal Member
    February 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You should also be aware that as of TVSeries 2.3 you can create your own views with custom series so I really dont see the requirement of navigating 100+ series in one view.
    Is there a way to get rid of the series information at the bottom?
    I'd love to have 3x5, but bigger, without the information.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    They are already in the StreamedMP 0.9 installer. You can choose what you want on the TVSeries dialog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom