Status
Not open for further replies.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    aMPdroid does work with ICS. The issue is that phone manufactures change slightly the internal players to suit themselves. There is no way diebagger can accomodate for all versions of internal players by manufactures. Thus the option to have the external player. I know that diebagger is looking at an "in-built" player that comes standard with aMPdroid then it will be a much more uniform across the board but obviously easier said than done.

As mentioned i have no issues with the internal player of CM9 as it is stock android with no manufacturer codes.

Inbuilt player would be great. But I still think it is strange, that any external player gives a bad picture quality. Why is that?

loc

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2010
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Inbuilt player would be great. But I still think it is strange, that any external player gives a bad picture quality. Why is that?

Have you tried dice? It actually does hardware decoding on my defy running cm9 and the picture looks quite good. Although it is a small screen.

ferzal

Portal Member
    December 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I might try and find the stock Samsung Gingerbread player in the system apps and stuff it into the Samsung ICS roms - if possible - and see if:
    a) I don't break it
    b) It works with ampdroid internally

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Finally tried the new version :). It's great, but I still have one problem: when I access the Shares, it lists the shares that are configured in the MediaPortal client just fine. However, when I open any of these Shares on the aMPdroid app, it does not list the contents of the Share (it appears empty).

As far as I remember, a few users reported this problem as well. Has someone found a fix for this?

Same here!

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Have you tried dice? It actually does hardware decoding on my defy running cm9 and the picture looks quite good. Although it is a small screen.

Thx. Dice player looks much better then any other player I have tried.

hairlesshobo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is outstanding! I tried out aMPdroid a couple weeks ago it thought it was nice but didn't see any real need for it. When I saw that a new version was released and that it was using a rewritten back end I had to check it out again. All I can say is, WOW! First, I love the new MPextended back end. The configuration application for it is awesome and was so much easier to setup than it was on the old version. The fact that I can start MediaPortal using this app and stream all of my shows and movies to my SGS2 is awesome.

Keep up the great work!

Steven81

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2010
    Hi, the app worked great without a hitch, as intended. This must be the first version that I'm trying that works so well (y).

However I have a suggestion to make: So I'm using it with my tablet to stream my Mediaportal content to it. So far so good, however I often like to control my device from distance with a bluetooth remote I have paired with my tablet. Unfortunately aMPdroid seems to be the only app in my collection that doesn't seem to support HID commands, which is a bit weird given how much more it could had benefitted from it.

From what I know HID support on android apps is built it unless the app's interface sort of hinders such a support. I would had been really welcome if there was to be a tiny update to include HID commands' support (for example when I press "down" on my BT 'mote the selection to be going "down", etc). I think (and hope) that it would be relatively easy to be included in future releases. Apart from this, thanks for this great app, it really adds a major functionality to my tablet. ;)

gurkc006

Portal Member
    July 13, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I use the latest aMPdroid on my Transformer Prime TF201 with ICS 4.0.3 and it seems to work good. I still have some issues, will try to make a more detailed report tomorrow. Any special things to check?

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I use the latest aMPdroid on my Transformer Prime TF201 with ICS 4.0.3 and it seems to work good. I still have some issues, will try to make a more detailed report tomorrow. Any special things to check?

What are your precise issues?

ferzal

Portal Member
    December 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Finally tried the new version :). It's great, but I still have one problem: when I access the Shares, it lists the shares that are configured in the MediaPortal client just fine. However, when I open any of these Shares on the aMPdroid app, it does not list the contents of the Share (it appears empty).

As far as I remember, a few users reported this problem as well. Has someone found a fix for this?

Are your shares local or mapped drives? You need to ensure the mpextended service has access to the folders.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom