aMPdroid 1.0.1 Final | Page 14

Discussion in 'aMPdroid' started by DieBagger, March 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valtam

valtam Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No problem here with the 1.0.1 update.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Epedemic
    • Premium Supporter

Epedemic MP Donator

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Show System Specs
    No problems with 1.0.1 here. Wifi remote connectivity seems a little more stable :)

4. loc

loc Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    mate all you need to do is setup port forwarding on your router and firewall.

To stop a show long press the pause button.

Cheers

5. ferzal

ferzal Portal Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    I'm not exactly sure what you're asking there. It sounds like you're saying MP is one machine and all of your media is on another (the server)? If that's the case then it will depend on how you've set it up. You'll need UNC paths (or perhaps run MPextended under the appropriate user account if they're mapped drives). Then you'll need to ensure both machines are powered on and the Internet access is available to the MediaPortal machine (files will stream locally to that machine then out to the net). Then the process is normal for remote access:

1. You'll need to forward port 4322 to the MPextended machine only. I think only TCP is required but I could be wrong so do UDP as well.

2. Then you'll need to set another client in ampdroid manually - hitting the advanced button (call it "Remote" or something). Put in anything for the wifi remote section as you obviously won't be using that. Then add your Internet IP (or domain) for the following 2 sections with user and pass.

edit: I've just seen loc has a video above on portforwarding and setting it up. Not sure why you'd run the wifi remotely but if you want to he shows you how. Also... change the default admin/admin account when exposed to the net. ;)

6. CypherMK
    • Team MediaPortal

CypherMK Test Group

Ratings:
    +617 / 3
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Ok. Can someone please post version 1.0.0 so I can verify if the problem lies with the update.

7. loc

loc Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    LOL. good call about running the remote externally! I was running it in front of MediaPortal and didn't even think of it other than wow this is cool LOL!

8. CypherMK
    • Team MediaPortal

CypherMK Test Group

Ratings:
    +617 / 3
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    I got it fixed in a strange way. I installed ampdroid on my wife's phone. There it worked. Then I tried again on my own phone and all of a sudden, it worked also. So I don't know how, but it workes!

9. Zinu

Zinu Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I got it working guys, thanks! This is great!
    However, one more question: Are you guys having the language reset as well? To reproduce, just set the language to something other than 'System Language' (which is Dutch on mine, I changed the setting to English). Then kill the app and open it again. It's probably still in the original setting. Going in and out of the settings screen (1 sec, going in language select dialog isnt even necessary) fixes it again.

Also, what exactly are the differences between the FFmpeg and VLC profiles? Which is considered 'best', or 'faster'? It must be a compatibility thing that you can choose between the two, but what is the difference?

10. valtam

valtam Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
  11. CypherMK
    • Team MediaPortal

CypherMK Test Group

Ratings:
    +617 / 3
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!