Status
Not open for further replies.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, I updated my phone to ICS today and now ampdroid won't stream anything anymore. It stops within 4 seconds with internal and external player. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

ferzal

Portal Member
    December 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok, I updated my phone to ICS today and now ampdroid won't stream anything anymore. It stops within 4 seconds with internal and external player. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

What external player did you use? Try something like Vplayer. Galaxy S2 by any chance?

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    CypherMK - let us know if you have a GS2.

Are there any transformer prime ics ampdroid users out there? Any real problems running ampdroid?

Ampdroid is powerful - its influencing upgrade (honeycomb/ics) and device purchase decisions ;)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oh sorry. I have a Samsung galaxy s2. But I will try vplayer. See if it makes a difference.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok. I tried vplayer and mxplayer. Both work! But... The image quality and sound quality is much worse then with the internal player. Can I somehow change this.

ferzal

Portal Member
    December 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok. I tried vplayer and mxplayer. Both work! But... The image quality and sound quality is much worse then with the internal player. Can I somehow change this.

Not at this stage unfortunately. I've found using the VLC encoder (which is better on the server cpu) the hardware decoding options didn't kick in for the external players but did for ffmpeg. Usually.

I switched back to Gingerbread 2.3.6 (strock rom - rooted kernel) for this reason and the following: as far as Samsung ICS roms go the interface and options are very similar in the later Gingerbread one. There's really nothing new in it. And I'm finding battery drain is, at minimum, 25% better under normal use. That's a massive reason its own let one ampdroid for staying on 2.3.6 until they fix it properly (or until there are too many ICS-only apps).

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not at this stage unfortunately. I've found using the VLC encoder (which is better on the server cpu) the hardware decoding options didn't kick in for the external players but did for ffmpeg. Usually.

I switched back to Gingerbread 2.3.6 (strock rom - rooted kernel) for this reason and the following: as far as Samsung ICS roms go the interface and options are very similar in the later Gingerbread one. There's really nothing new in it. And I'm finding battery drain is, at minimum, 25% better under normal use. That's a massive reason its own let one ampdroid for staying on 2.3.6 until they fix it properly (or until there are too many ICS-only apps).

I've just updated to ICS and the user experience is much smoother in ICS imo.

But ampdroid should also work with ICS to be future proof I think. More and more devices getting it now.

loc

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2010
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

But ampdroid should also work with ICS to be future proof I think. More and more devices getting it now.

aMPdroid does work with ICS. The issue is that phone manufactures change slightly the internal players to suit themselves. There is no way diebagger can accomodate for all versions of internal players by manufactures. Thus the option to have the external player. I know that diebagger is looking at an "in-built" player that comes standard with aMPdroid then it will be a much more uniform across the board but obviously easier said than done.

As mentioned i have no issues with the internal player of CM9 as it is stock android with no manufacturer codes.

ferzal

Portal Member
    December 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

The user experience is almost exactly the same for stock Samsung ICS Roms from the last gingerbread update (some carriers didn't take the last Samsung Gingerbread update).

One of the few things to change, unfortunately, was obviously something about the default player.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Finally tried the new version :). It's great, but I still have one problem: when I access the Shares, it lists the shares that are configured in the MediaPortal client just fine. However, when I open any of these Shares on the aMPdroid app, it does not list the contents of the Share (it appears empty).

As far as I remember, a few users reported this problem as well. Has someone found a fix for this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom