aMPdroid 1.0.1 Final (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avatiach

Portal Member
October 5, 2011
Hi,

First, I want to say that aMPdroid is simply a brilliant application and shows the power of this amazing community!

I am able to use it to control my MediaPortal installation without any issue. However, I am not able to use any of the Powermodes commands which seem super-useful, especially to get MediaPortal running when it's off. I was wondering if there's any special configuration needed either on the app or on MPExtended in order to make these work? or is it just something in my configuration that might be wrong?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

TiboTv

Portal Pro
June 22, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I guess that the question is already into the 31 pages but I'm a bit lazy this evening ;-)

Is aMPdroid already working on Android 4.0 Ice cream sandwich? Is there someone who already test it?

I'm about to buy an Android Tablet with Android 4.0.

I know that aMPdroid running nice on my android 2.3 phone that why I wanna use it on a tablet also!

Thank you!

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I was in a store once and tried the asus transformer 300t (with ICS) and ampdroid ran flawless. It streamed my movies stored at home in the store!

I also own a galaxy s2. It works with ics but only with dice player as external player. Now I'm on CM9 (custom rom) and it works out of the box (no dice needed)

Last edited:

TiboTv

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi all,

I've make my first test with aMPDroid 1.0.1 final on my new Android 4.0.3 (ICS) tablet this morning and installation was made without problem on my multiseat setup.

The controlling client part of aMPDroid is working fine : accessing music,tv-series,movingpictures database, starting playing medias on specific client and wifiremote are all ok.

So until here, really a great work! Thanks a lot to DieBagger!!

I've got trouble with streaming on my Android devices (I've installed aMPDroid on my tablet (4.0.3) and also on my phone (2.3)) : problems are the same on each device.

Here are my first problems and questions about aMPDroid

- When I try to stream Tv series, movies, live tv and tv recordings, Only the first pictures is shown on my screen and nothing more happen after that (a green waiting circle on the leftbottom side turn and nothing more). The only difference between my tablet and my phone is that on the phone I received a "MEDIA_ERROR_UNKNOWN : -10" message after a while. I made some tests with different quality parameters (ffshow and vlc) and the result is the same. I didn't try with an external player. If using an external player is a good solution, could someone tell me the best to use?
    - I can't find any way to stream mucic on my android devices. I've made some searches on the forum and my first conclusion is that there's actually no way to stream music on the android device? But it seems that MPExtended can do the job. Am I right? If not, could you tell me the way to do it?
    - In the music section I can't find any place to show music playlists. Are music playlist managed by aMPDroid? If not, is there some plan to do it?
    - Is aMPDroid still in dev and is DieBagger still active on this great job?
    - I've check the google code repository with svn tortoise and I'm a bit surprised to see last revision 116 at 2011/10/02... The actual version 1.0.1 seems to be from March 2012. Is the google code up to date?

Thank you for your information and for any help with my streaming problem!

effect10

Portal Member
    April 1, 2008
    Excellent app, thank you very much for all the hard work! It is working great with my Desire Z. However the only thing that doesn't seem to work for me is streaming the subtitle .srt file along with the movie. If I choose mpeg it doesn't show and the VlC option does not either?

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Confirmed working on Nexus 7 running Jelly Bean.
    Would love to see an option to stream music.
    Any new version in the horizon?

ajamils

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2008
    Awesome app. I finally got around configuring it. After a brief hiccup with firewall setting I got everything to work (including streaming to my TF700). The only issue I have not is that when I try to play something on PC via remote, nothing happens.

Any suggestion?

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Another dead project? :( I thought you made some sort of commitment by letting people pay for the app?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom