Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoidberg77

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A bit of a spoiler: the next version of MpExtended (and with that aMPdroid) has support for hls (http live streaming) which works pretty good on many ICS devices.
    DieBagger posted this two weeks ago, so obviously there is some progress in the background ;)

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hmm ok I sure hope so! Because controlling MePo by phone and tablet sure is great! But the aMPdroid interface could really use a face-lift and extra futures are very welcome!

Maybe a bit more encouraging: Keep up the good work ;)(y)

Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Should be really nice to see some progress on this.. I keep asking: (getting still no response :() why not adding gestures??????? Touching buttons to control MP is very frustrating sometimes and I never use it because of that.. You have to look to the screen of your smartphone to see wich button you press. I want to keep watching to my television! So gestures would be very welcome.. The iPhone app does that, but that app doesnt have support yet for MPExtended.. So I really like to see the best of both worlds!!

ajamils

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2008
    Is there a separate setting somewhere to access MP via mobile network? Within my home network, I am able to connect and stream movies but from 3G I cannot connect to the server. I even tried completely disabling my Windows firewall but that did not help either.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

To access it over 3G (or external wifi) you need to "expose" the HTPC/server that is running MPExtended to the internet for the specific ports that MPEx uses.

J.

ajamils

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2008
    Hi there,
    To access it over 3G (or external wifi) you need to "expose" the HTPC/server that is running MPExtended to the internet for the specific ports that MPEx uses.
    J.

I have added the MPExtended port in my router setting (port forwarding) but I still cannot connect via 3G.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did you use your 'real' ip address? Not 192.1.168.something?

ajamils

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2008
    Did you use your 'real' ip address? Not 192.1.168.something?

I have two Clients setup. One that is created automatically (by Ampdroid through SCAN and this works from within home network) and the other one that I manually created with outside IP (starting with 169.254.). I've tried accessing MP on 3G with both clients and neither one works.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

Can you confirm what ports you have forwarded?

Are you sure its not a firewall issue?

J.

ajamils

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2008
    Hi there,

Can you confirm what ports you have forwarded?

Are you sure its not a firewall issue?

J.

The TCP ports that I have opened and forwarded are 4322 and 8017. I have checked in Windows Firewall and for both of these ports, I have allowed all connections.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom