aMPdroid 1.0.1 Final (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_Conduit

February 20, 2012
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi - first off, what an excellent app - thank you for your hard work!! :)

For some reason, the 'play on pc' option does not work for me with recorded TV (music & videos play on pc ok). All other parts of the app I have tested work ok too.

Can anyone assist with this, or should I be logging a bug with logs etc.??? I have installed the latest wifiremote, mpextend & ampdroid - I am running ampdroid on a Sony S (android 3.2.1 release 2).

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi - first off, what an excellent app - thank you for your hard work!! :)

For some reason, the 'play on pc' option does not work for me with recorded TV (music & videos play on pc ok). All other parts of the app I have tested work ok too.

Can anyone assist with this, or should I be logging a bug with logs etc.??? I have installed the latest wifiremote, mpextend & ampdroid - I am running ampdroid on a Sony S (android 3.2.1 release 2).
    You're right, thx for noticing... This is actually something that needs additional code in MpExtended, WifiRemote AND aMPdroid... ;)

valtam

Portal Pro
    March 27, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    One of my favourite Android apps for sure :) The only issue I am having at the moment, is the app is not showing the EPG in the channels list on ampdroid. Does anyone know why this would occur? Everything else works fine, tv series, movies etc. I can stream the TV no problem, just no EPG data. I get EPG data in Mediaportal on my TV no problem.

skoka123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Hyderabad, India
    Home Country
    India India
    Hi, I want to give a try to 1.0 final. Until now with 0.8 beta I have all functionality working properly, I mean live TV, recorded TV with seeking function, Movies, remote, etc. My phone is a Galaxy SII with GB 2.3.6.
    Now the question: It is necessary to uninstall GmaWebservice/Tv4Home to test 1.0. or Just install MpExtended Service on my computer and ampdroid 1.0 on my phone. I want to revert the situation as easy as possible if 1.0 does not work so well as my current configuration.
    I will buy pro version this is the best android application for me.

You can install both backends on the same machine...
    1) EPG only shows the channels but not the guide. I can see the guide in MP. Is it because I am using 4TR?
    Not sure, do you see the epg in WebMP?

2) Is there a list of ports that I should open in Windows?
    4322 for MpExtended and 8017 for WifiRemote

3) Is there a guide on how to access aMPdroid from the internet (outside of LAN)?
    You just need to forward the ports on your router, that however is very much router-specific (ask google for instructions).

I think I messed up the installation sequence of WebMP. I will reinstall it later this weekend and get back to you.

Thanks,
    Srikanth

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi, I have install wifi remote last version and mpextended, download ampdroid from market and I can connect but the remote part is the only think is working. I can not connect with TV, Series, Music, or Videos. I have allow windows firewall for wifi remote and mpextended and I have open that ports on my router also. I am a little bit confused with authentication, I have changed password for admin user in mp extended and there are also authentication on wifi remote which I have not change anythink. Which authentication must be set on ampdroid 1.0 when you add a client? The wifi remote one or the mpextended one? Must I set the same authentication on both programs?
    Also I must say that I can only get connected if Mediaportal is started, but I can see an option to start Mediaportal in ampdroid 1.0.
    So how can I start MP with ampdroid if I need to start MP first to get connected?
    Another problem is that I can not purchase the pro version on market, I don,t know if it is a rom problem with my phone or not, but I have purchase another programs.
    Please help me I want to upgrade to 1.0 but with 0.8 beta I had everything working almost perfect.

Bogomil

Portal Member
    November 10, 2011
    Version 1 is working now fine for me, but I also would like to know if wifiremote and/or mpextended has to be conifgured on the computer, beucause I can use nearly all functions of amproid, except the remote.

P.S. Perhaps you should do a update of the WIKI as it still contains the data for version 0.8 and now the configuration and installation is different. It would also result in less questions in this thread here. ;)

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Excellent work done on the aMPdroid, got the PRO, as it was worth it, well done to all who worked on this.

Just need one item to clarify - Are we meant to be able to get subtitle to play back from files that was recorded from Mediaportal, which has subtitle in it, also what about live steaming from TV (can that be subtitled as well), as I need this because of my hearing disability, I see there is options in the aMPdroid, but nothing seems to happening, or am I meant to configure something else to enable it? I see other comments about subtitles, but not sure what is this MKV/SRT being mentioned.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Cuitlahac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 8, 2008
    Göttingen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Big THX to DieBagger and everyone else involved in the developimg process for this great App! Already used v0.8 and 1.0beta.
    It was absolutely worth the waiting. Big leap forward!!
    So I certainly bought the Pro-version.
    Ampdroid 1.0 Pro works here on my Dell streak 7 with HC 3.2 (StreakDroid custom ROM R6 by DJ_Steve, rooted) very well.

Now I'm only waiting for the announced custom ICS ROM for my Dell Streak 7 :)

Epedemic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 13, 2006
    Btw, i get greatly improved picture quality on tv streaming if adding "-deinterlace" to the profiles in streaming.xml in mpextended. Probaly uses more CPU though. Example below.

Code:
        <transcoder>
          <name>Android FFmpeg HQ 1024k 720x576</name>
          <description>Best-quality Android profile based on ffmpeg</description>
          <bandwidth>1400</bandwidth>
          <target>android</target>
          <transport>http</transport>
          <maxOutputWidth>720</maxOutputWidth>
          <maxOutputHeight>576</maxOutputHeight>
          <mime>video/MP2T</mime>
          <videoStream>true</videoStream>
          <transcoderConfiguration implementation="MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Transcoders.FFMpeg">
            <codecParameters>-codec:v libx264 -b:v 1024k -profile:v baseline -deinterlace -preset:v fast -coder rle -codec:a aac -b:a 128k -ac 2 -strict experimental -async 1 -sn -f mpegts</codecParameters>
          </transcoderConfiguration>
        </transcoder>

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom