Status
Not open for further replies.

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi, I have install wifi remote last version and mpextended, download ampdroid from market and I can connect but the remote part is the only think is working. I can not connect with TV, Series, Music, or Videos. I have allow windows firewall for wifi remote and mpextended and I have open that ports on my router also. I am a little bit confused with authentication, I have changed password for admin user in mp extended and there are also authentication on wifi remote which I have not change anythink. Which authentication must be set on ampdroid 1.0 when you add a client? The wifi remote one or the mpextended one? Must I set the same authentication on both programs?
    Also I must say that I can only get connected if Mediaportal is started, but I can see an option to start Mediaportal in ampdroid 1.0.
    So how can I start MP with ampdroid if I need to start MP first to get connected?
    Another problem is that I can not purchase the pro version on market, I don,t know if it is a rom problem with my phone or not, but I have purchase another programs.
    Please help me I want to upgrade to 1.0 but with 0.8 beta I had everything working almost perfect.

Ok everything solved now. I had to reopen ports in windows firewall and also finally could buy the pro version on market. I must say the 1.0 final is workin even better than 0.8, and the new functionalities are amazing.
    I test it with Galaxy SII and Gingerbread 2.3.6 everything working 100% including seeking on recordings and videos. And also with my Asus transformer and Ice cream sandwich working everything unless seeking with recordings and video.
    I have never get seeking working with ice cream sandwich. If you can correct this your program will be perfect at all.

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I test it with Galaxy SII and Gingerbread 2.3.6 everything working 100% including seeking on recordings and videos.

really? is seeking working ?

i need to test again with my desire phone...i can't get seeking working on my zt-280 ICS tablet :(

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

i need to test again with my desire phone...i can't get seeking working on my zt-280 ICS tablet :(
    For me seeking is working perfect with gingerbread. I never got working seeking with ICS devices. Also you must use internal player to get it working. Using external player does not work.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Version 1 is working now fine for me, but I also would like to know if wifiremote and/or mpextended has to be conifgured on the computer, beucause I can use nearly all functions of amproid, except the remote.
    In that case WifiRemote isn't set up correctly.

Just need one item to clarify - Are we meant to be able to get subtitle to play back from files that was recorded from Mediaportal, which has subtitle in it, also what about live steaming from TV (can that be subtitled as well), as I need this because of my hearing disability, I see there is options in the aMPdroid, but nothing seems to happening, or am I meant to configure something else to enable it?
    I think it should work, but I haven't tried it either. I'll see what I can do about this (it's probably an MPExtended bug).

I see other comments about subtitles, but not sure what is this MKV/SRT being mentioned.
    For downloaded movies and episodes, you can have subtitles either in the downloaded file itself (the .mkv file), or in an external file (the .srt file). If you don't know what it is, it's probably not relevant for you.

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

For me seeking is working perfect with gingerbread. I never got working seeking with ICS devices. Also you must use internal player to get it working. Using external player does not work.

thank you , i've tested either with internal either with a couple of external player....damn ICS.....

DieBagger: before i asked for timeskip but seek in recordings would be also enought on ICS ;) plz make it work :)

vgallego65

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    After a few more testing with ICS I can confirm that seeking is working with series and video but is not working wit recordings. there is an error message "error -38,0" when you seek in videos and series but after the message the seek continues with success.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Let me say this works awesome on my Galaxy S2! Thanks for all the great work you put into this.

I have one question though. Is this (see picture) the only remote layout included in the (free) app?
    I tried ->menu button ->more instructions, but I still get the same layout. I need some more :)

Attachments

• SC20120330-202735.png
      SC20120330-202735.png
      112.4 KB

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    After a few more testing with ICS I can confirm that seeking is working with series and video but is not working wit recordings. there is an error message "error -38,0" when you seek in videos and series but after the message the seek continues with success.
    i can confirm seek is working on my desire phone cyanogenmod7 (2.3.7) using the default player, on zt-280 tablet ICS 4.03 seek is not working on recordings both internal and external players

edit: strange, reinstalling ampdroid now it gives also to me -38 but seek is working on zt-280 ICS.........
    what logs could be useful ?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,

Let me say this works awesome on my Galaxy S2! Thanks for all the great work you put into this.

I have one question though. Is this (see picture) the only remote layout included in the (free) app?
    I tried ->menu button ->more instructions, but I still get the same layout. I need some more :)
    For now there is only this layout/design...

i can confirm seek is working on my desire phone cyanogenmod7 (2.3.7) using the default player, on zt-280 tablet ICS 4.03 seek is not working on recordings both internal and external players

edit: strange, reinstalling ampdroid now it gives also to me -38 but seek is working on zt-280 ICS.........
    what logs could be useful ?
    I also had the -38 error on ICS but after that seeking still worked... Will have to investigate a bit further...

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am running MPExtended 0.43 with the latest wifiremote (0.61) and latest ampdroid. I am experiencing this weird behaviour. Whenever ampdroid remote is connected (green icon) I cant list my music or my movies. If I disconnect the remote then I can list both music and movies. Also when I select Play on PC it doenst start the movie on my tv.

This is on a Galaxy Nexus running ICS.

Any help appreciated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom