aMPdroid 1.0.1 Final (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ay129

Portal Pro
October 7, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Secondly, If i run out of cards with which to record, the aborted recording isn't deleted from the list of scheduled recordings in ampdroid.

Please see my attached logs, in which i try to record from universal hd, itv1 and bbc1 but run out of cards. I have two tv cards - a TBS 6921 and an 8920 and am running ampdroid 1.0 final with MP extended 0.43 on MP 1.2.2. Windows 7 64 bit ultimate.
Is it deleted from the list of scheduled recordings after you restart the MPExtended Service?

Yes it is. It looks like there is a delay in refreshing the tv card status. But i must warn my system is a bit temperamental at the moment, so this may not be what other users are experiencing

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I reinstalled windows 7 + mediaportal. Everything is fresh now :)

But now I got this problem: I cannot stream my movies located on my remote server to my galaxy s2. I read the wiki for answers and found this:

Streaming/Downloading doesn't work (all files have 0 Kb)

This most likely means that MpExtended Service doesn't have access to your files. GmaWebservice is started with the Local System Account, so if this User has no access rights to your media files, it can't stream them to aMPdroid. This often happens if the files are stored on a NAS (or some other remote location).
    To fix this, you can change the user und which the service is started:
    1. go to services (start -> run -> services.msc)
    2. find MpExtended Service
    3. right-click -> properties
    4. Log On Tab
    5. and then select "This account" and enter the username/password of your account (the one that has access to your media files)
    This worked on my previous installation, but now it fails to start mpextended when I enter "administrator" in "this account". I don't use a password, so I leave it blank. It says in short: login failure. (There appear dots in the password column, but I didn't enter any password).
    Can someone help? I must have overlooked something, because it worked before!

Attachments

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      602.4 KB
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      233.3 KB

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I reinstalled windows 7 + mediaportal. Everything is fresh now :)

But now I got this problem: I cannot stream my movies located on my remote server to my galaxy s2. I read the wiki for answers and found this:

Streaming/Downloading doesn't work (all files have 0 Kb)

This most likely means that MpExtended Service doesn't have access to your files. GmaWebservice is started with the Local System Account, so if this User has no access rights to your media files, it can't stream them to aMPdroid. This often happens if the files are stored on a NAS (or some other remote location).
    To fix this, you can change the user und which the service is started:
    1. go to services (start -> run -> services.msc)
    2. find MpExtended Service
    3. right-click -> properties
    4. Log On Tab
    5. and then select "This account" and enter the username/password of your account (the one that has access to your media files)
    This worked on my previous installation, but now it fails to start mpextended when I enter "administrator" in "this account". I don't use a password, so I leave it blank. It says in short: login failure. (There appear dots in the password column, but I didn't enter any password).

Can someone help? I must have overlooked something, because it worked before!

Solved :)

Attachments

• 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      133.1 KB

glenb83

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2009
    Home Country
    I had everything working well with ampdroid 0.8, and just tried 1.0 final. I removed GMA ant TV4Home and installed mpextended but keep getting the message "Cannot connect to service" and "cannot send WOL packets when mac address is not defined". I was able to do wake on lan before without defining mac address.

I have tried deleting and recreating the admin user in mpextend and also tried no authentication but keep getting the same problem on both my Xoom tablet and Xperia mobile, so Im guessing its something wrong on the htpc. Any suggestions? I've also tried setting up a port forward in my router for port 4322. I should mention that the remote works. I also have all my media files stored on an external NAS with a mapped drive letter and no authentication.

Birrel01

Portal Member
    November 28, 2005
    Hello,

First of all, thank you for this great application. I had everything working well with ampdroid 0.8 but now only the remote is working including the data in the right field. I had to use no password to get it work but when i go to the music section it says wrong user/password.

bizarro101

Portal Member
    November 6, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do have the same Problem as glenb83.
    Connection is okay, I have a green light. Remote part via WifiRemote works well.
    But everything else gives me the error "could not connect to service". I checked IP Adress, Username and password several times. But still no connection to.

And my setup is a classic single seat, one HTPC with server, client and all media files, nothing fancy.
    Can anybody point me in the right direction? I guess I made something wrong with MPExtendes configuration.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi DieBagger,

Pro version purchased and 5* review added to "Market".

Would like to have seen the "Remote>More Commands" options reinstated for final but no big deal :) . Do you have any short term plans for this? If not can I request the latest source code again so I can add them back in myself?

Awesome work as always!

Also, my thanks to the MPExtended Devs.

Thanks,

Mick.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    after a clean reinstall of mp and mp extended - ampdroid pretty much works now -Except it hangs on loading tv episodes for certain series, and if I touch the rotating circle next to loading episodes, it force closes.

Any idea why this is happening?

running ampdroid 1.0 final with MP1.2.2 on win 7 x64 ultimate. No NAS or network drive, just trying to stream from the local D:\. logs attached:

I have two user accounts on the pc - main one i log into everyday, and another account that has full admin and access rights to the local D:\ (its here that MP extended is configured to run - i had a similar setup with gmawebservice in the good old days)

Attachments

• Ampdroid loading hang.rar
      21.8 KB

loc

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2010
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I do have the same Problem as glenb83.
    Connection is okay, I have a green light. Remote part via WifiRemote works well.
    But everything else gives me the error "could not connect to service". I checked IP Adress, Username and password several times. But still no connection to.

And my setup is a classic single seat, one HTPC with server, client and all media files, nothing fancy.
    Can anybody point me in the right direction? I guess I made something wrong with MPExtendes configuration.

not sure if this will help but some users on here have said that they changed the host from a name to ip adress and it worked for them? also are you putting in the details manually or via qr scan?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom