aMPdroid 1.0.1 Final (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glenb83

Portal Pro
April 24, 2009
Home Country
I do have the same Problem as glenb83.
Connection is okay, I have a green light. Remote part via WifiRemote works well.
But everything else gives me the error "could not connect to service". I checked IP Adress, Username and password several times. But still no connection to.

And my setup is a classic single seat, one HTPC with server, client and all media files, nothing fancy.
Can anybody point me in the right direction? I guess I made something wrong with MPExtendes configuration.

not sure if this will help but some users on here have said that they changed the host from a name to ip adress and it worked for them? also are you putting in the details manually or via qr scan?

Put the ip address of the mediaportal machine as username in mpextended you mean? I will try it when I get home.

I am putting the details in manually.

loc

Portal Pro
May 22, 2010
Gold Coast
Home Country
Australia Australia
I do have the same Problem as glenb83.
Connection is okay, I have a green light. Remote part via WifiRemote works well.
But everything else gives me the error "could not connect to service". I checked IP Adress, Username and password several times. But still no connection to.

And my setup is a classic single seat, one HTPC with server, client and all media files, nothing fancy.
Can anybody point me in the right direction? I guess I made something wrong with MPExtendes configuration.

not sure if this will help but some users on here have said that they changed the host from a name to ip adress and it worked for them? also are you putting in the details manually or via qr scan?

Put the ip address of the mediaportal machine as username in mpextended you mean? I will try it when I get home.

I am putting the details in manually.

under settings where it asks for hostname or IP - use the ip seems to be more solid. the other option is to do the qr scan option instead?

cheers

gurkc006

Portal Member
July 13, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
first thanks for that great piece of software! This morning I tried to connect my Transformer Prime ICS 4.0.3 Tablet via VPN from my office place to my homenetwork and - it worked - and also aMPdroid worked so I could watch my Movies from my office, very funny :)
There are still some glitches with TV streaming, but that's not so important at the moment.

There's one problem browsing through the Movies or Series: When in portrait mode and browsing films, let's say at letter 'K' and then opening the movie details and then returning to the list, the list starts at 'A' again. That's annoying with some hundred movies. Maybe you can solve that for the next version?

And music streaming would be lovely...
Greetings

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    People who have problems with creating a connection to MPExtended, you might want to try creating a firewall exception by yourself. Apparantly this doesn't (always) work in the MPExtended installer.

TiredHornet

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2009
    People who have problems with creating a connection to MPExtended, you might want to try creating a firewall exception by yourself. Apparantly this doesn't (always) work in the MPExtended installer.

Where do I find the MPExtend service to add to the firewall exception. For now I just turned the firewall off.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Where do I find the MPExtend service to add to the firewall exception. For now I just turned the firewall off.
    Just add a port exception for 4322...

Sander-SP

Portal Member
    January 29, 2008
    I just got my new Sony Xperia S. And I'm sad to report that I get the "MEDIA_ERROR_UNKNOWN" error on all files I want to play. I've read some about it in the threads for the previous versions of this app and it seems that there's not much we can do about this? Thanks.

If there might be something we can do about this, then let me know if you can use a log file.

Are your files on a NAS by any chance (on a different device than where the service is running)? If not -> logs please... ;)
    The files are on the same computer the service is running, so that shouldn't be a problem.

By the way. My girlfriend uses Ampdroid on her Desire Z and on that phone the internal player is working great. I think it must be my phone then?

I'll post a piece of the log file where I'm logged on and try to play some video files. I hope you can do something with it.

glenb83

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2009
    Home Country

Just add a port exception for 4322...

Perfect!! I put a port exception for 4322 for both udp and tcp in both incoming and outgoing and now its working! THANKS!!

I am having a streaming issue now though, is that because my media is stored on a NAS? I've attached my logs

madvario

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2009
    Northern Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is the final version now supporting ics?

Would be nice to know, cause I want to buy the archos 101 g9 turbo with 1gb ram and running android 4.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom