Not open for further replies.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Is the final version now supporting ics?

Would be nice to know, cause I want to buy the archos 101 g9 turbo with 1gb ram and running android 4.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk
    Yes, there are still a few problems but it should work for the most part...

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yes, there are still a few problems but it should work for the most part...

Most needed in my case is livetv. Is this working well?

Does vplayer work as external player or is an external player not needed under ics?

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk
    That depends mainly on your device. Many internal players have problems with live tv, others (e.g. sgsII) work perfectly. vPlayer works as external player, though I found mxPlayer working best.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    just been playing around with the TV part and I love it. a few points for future releases:

1. when you go into epg it shows the currently showing program under each channel (perfect). but when you touch the channel name it brings up the full epg for that channel, but starting from the beginning of that day. the current TV program is highlighted in green, but you have to scroll down to get there. how about showing the current program as the first item in that list by default? not sure how much relevance already shown programmes that day are. this is just an idea.

2. looks like a minor bug with setting up recordings. on the epg screen a long press on one of the upcoming programmes shown under each channel and selecting record sets up recording and that program is highlighted in red (perfect). but if you record the same program by hitting the channel name to reveal full epg for that change, and long pressing the red highlighting doesn't carry over to the previous screen.

this by no way makes the app less useable, but hopefully is useful feedback. thanks again for a fantastic app

skoka123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Hyderabad, India
    Home Country
    India India
    Hi, I want to give a try to 1.0 final. Until now with 0.8 beta I have all functionality working properly, I mean live TV, recorded TV with seeking function, Movies, remote, etc. My phone is a Galaxy SII with GB 2.3.6.
    Now the question: It is necessary to uninstall GmaWebservice/Tv4Home to test 1.0. or Just install MpExtended Service on my computer and ampdroid 1.0 on my phone. I want to revert the situation as easy as possible if 1.0 does not work so well as my current configuration.
    I will buy pro version this is the best android application for me.

You can install both backends on the same machine...
    1) EPG only shows the channels but not the guide. I can see the guide in MP. Is it because I am using 4TR?
    Not sure, do you see the epg in WebMP?

2) Is there a list of ports that I should open in Windows?
    4322 for MpExtended and 8017 for WifiRemote

3) Is there a guide on how to access aMPdroid from the internet (outside of LAN)?
    You just need to forward the ports on your router, that however is very much router-specific (ask google for instructions).

I think I messed up the installation sequence of WebMP. I will reinstall it later this weekend and get back to you.

Thanks,
    Srikanth

Hi DieBagger,

After much trouble I had WebMP working. I am not able to see the guide data under EPG. I can only see the channels but no programs. Similarly I can see no recorded programs 'Recordings'. This behaviour is similar in both WebMP and aMPDroid.

I can see the guide and recorded prorams from within MP & 4TR Management Console but not in WebMP and aMPDroid. Is this because I am using 4TR plugin?

Thanks,
    Srikanth

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi DieBagger,

After much trouble I had WebMP working. I am not able to see the guide data under EPG. I can only see the channels but no programs. Similarly I can see no recorded programs 'Recordings'. This behaviour is similar in both WebMP and aMPDroid.

I can see the guide and recorded prorams from within MP & 4TR Management Console but not in WebMP and aMPDroid. Is this because I am using 4TR plugin?
    For starters this means that it is a MpExtended related issue, aMPdroid can't show something that isn't there in the backend... I have never used 4TR so I don't now it, do you get your EPG data through the MediaPortal Tv Server or does FTR have it's own database?

Please open a new thread in the MpExtended forum section...

skoka123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 8, 2009
    Hyderabad, India
    Home Country
    India India
    Hi DieBagger,

For starters this means that it is a MpExtended related issue, aMPdroid can't show something that isn't there in the backend... I have never used 4TR so I don't now it, do you get your EPG data through the MediaPortal Tv Server or does FTR have it's own database?

FTR has its own database. Sure, I will take this to MPExteneded forum section.

Thanks,
    Srikanth

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi DieBagger,

FTR has its own database. Sure, I will take this to MPExteneded forum section.

Thanks,
    Srikanth
    Btw if you're only using the 4TR plugin (not the argus server), couldn't you just grab EPG with the MP tvserver also?

Sander-SP

Portal Member
    January 29, 2008
    I just got my new Sony Xperia S. And I'm sad to report that I get the "MEDIA_ERROR_UNKNOWN" error on all files I want to play. I've read some about it in the threads for the previous versions of this app and it seems that there's not much we can do about this? Thanks.

If there might be something we can do about this, then let me know if you can use a log file.

Are your files on a NAS by any chance (on a different device than where the service is running)? If not -> logs please... ;)
    The files are on the same computer the service is running, so that shouldn't be a problem.

By the way. My girlfriend uses Ampdroid on her Desire Z and on that phone the internal player is working great. I think it must be my phone then?

I'll post a piece of the log file where I'm logged on and try to play some video files. I hope you can do something with it.

Did you have a chance to look at my log file yet?

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I've been a happy user of aMPdroid from the very first alpha versions and have had perfectly working installations on both my Samsung Galaxy S2 (ICS) and Samsung Tab 10.1 until recently. Here I had to reinstall my MP server and since I have streaming issues on both my devices. The only kind of stream that work on both my devices is the RTSP stream to an extern player (VPlayer). For every other stream the video stream starts out fine for approx. 2 seconds and the stops.

Here is some info:
    - I have disabled my Win7 firewall (before that the port 4322 was opened).
    - I have portforwarding enabled with various ports on my routher.
    - I have the MPExtended service run under my admin user.
    - I can watch TV and movies with WebMediaPortal (on localhost:8080 with Flash LQ)

I have attached the log files for a session where I first tried to connect to a TV streams a couple of times (FFmpeg LQ) and then I tried to connect to a stream to a tv series episode (VLC) using my SGS2 (ICS version). I'm sure that there is a flaw in my setup, and it is due to an issue within aMPDroid, but I've not succeded to find the issue - and it would be very much appreciated if you can find something in the logs. Let me know if you have a question or if i should try with other setup parameters.

thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom