aMPdroid 1.0.1 Final (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stijnr

Portal Member
April 10, 2009
I got it working after all, with media streaming and everything. It was a combination of wrong ports (8017 and 4322 mixed wrongly), and firewall rules.

loc

Portal Pro
May 22, 2010
Gold Coast
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

As I have aMPdroid 1.0 already installed on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, I didn't think I had much issue, until I saw the full demo version of aMPdroid 1.0, which I played back. From there I noted that I do not get the information on the right hand side of the tablet as shown on the demo, instead just a blank page but at the top line it does say 'Load items', I dismissed this, as I know from the 0.8 version, this page was never used (or am I wrong there?)

I enclosed the snapshot of the screen showing this. So what I need to know, what troubleshooting method I need to use to correct this? (BTW - I also updated the aMPdroid to 1.0.1 - still no differences).

At the server, I am running Mediaportal 1.2.0, with Mpextended V4.3 Wifiremote V6.1.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Mate it looks like you are currently playing a show? if so it doesn't usually show anything while a show is playing. If you to the home screen does the list show up on the right hand side? I have spoken to DieBagger about it and he said that some of the screens in MP just doesn't show a list so there's not too much he can do about it.

Please correct me if I have mis-understood something here...

Cheers

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

As I have aMPdroid 1.0 already installed on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, I didn't think I had much issue, until I saw the full demo version of aMPdroid 1.0, which I played back. From there I noted that I do not get the information on the right hand side of the tablet as shown on the demo, instead just a blank page but at the top line it does say 'Load items', I dismissed this, as I know from the 0.8 version, this page was never used (or am I wrong there?)

I enclosed the snapshot of the screen showing this. So what I need to know, what troubleshooting method I need to use to correct this? (BTW - I also updated the aMPdroid to 1.0.1 - still no differences).

At the server, I am running Mediaportal 1.2.0, with Mpextended V4.3 Wifiremote V6.1.

Mate it looks like you are currently playing a show? if so it doesn't usually show anything while a show is playing. If you to the home screen does the list show up on the right hand side? I have spoken to DieBagger about it and he said that some of the screens in MP just doesn't show a list so there's not too much he can do about it.

Cheers

I can confirm that when I start up mediaportal from the tablet (where nothing is playing or showing), and I am already in home page, nothing shows up on the right hand side as it does in the demo. I have change skin back to Defaultwide (was on Mustayaluca - in case there was something about this), but still nothing. I am aware that the functionality may be limited on that side of the screen, but there's nothing and keeps doing 'load items...'

Thanks.

loc

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2010
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

Cheers

I can confirm that when I start up mediaportal from the tablet (where nothing is playing or showing), and I am already in home page, nothing shows up on the right hand side as it does in the demo. I have change skin back to Defaultwide (was on Mustayaluca - in case there was something about this), but still nothing. I am aware that the functionality may be limited on that side of the screen, but there's nothing and keeps doing 'load items...'

Thanks.

sometimes for me i have to hit the refresh button on the home screen and it loads up the list.

sorry can't be of more help...

underthecovers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2010
    Oxfordshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Cheers

Thanks.

sometimes for me i have to hit the refresh button on the home screen and it loads up the list.

sorry can't be of more help...

Thanks for looking into this loc :)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello,

Don't know if this has been asked before? But will there be support for the pictures plugin?

Thx.

Zinu

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just started using it again a few days ago... wow, 1.0 is so much better! I did however run into some problems:
    • Language setting doesn't stick. When I start the app it just loads the system default language. Going in and out of the settings menu fixes this, but it's an extra step.
    • Why is there no 'Stop' button in the remote control/currently playing screen? The only way I can really stop a video is by going to the Remote Control, opening the keyboard and pressing the 'B' key. Also, in the currently playing screen, the only keys are rewind/pause/forward. No stop button.
    • Maybe this is a feature request: when I use the 'Beam to phone' option (which is awesome, nice work!!), would it be possible to resume the video on the PC on the point where I stop playing it on my phone? For example: I start beaming to my phone at 1m33s. The phone stream starts playing at 1m33s, and I go outside for a walk or something. When I return, the phone is at 15m52s, but the PC is still on 1m33s. It would be nice if the PC could resume where the phone left off, just as it's the other way around.
    Also: is it in any way possible to make aMPdroid services available outside my own network? I have a dedicated PC running Mediaportal and everything, but all my files are on a server. This server is available to the internet. I'm asking since I would really like to be able to start playing a video at home, and continue watching it when I leave the house (and thus the network).

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just started using it again a few days ago... wow, 1.0 is so much better! I did however run into some problems:
    • Language setting doesn't stick. When I start the app it just loads the system default language. Going in and out of the settings menu fixes this, but it's an extra step.
    • Why is there no 'Stop' button in the remote control/currently playing screen? The only way I can really stop a video is by going to the Remote Control, opening the keyboard and pressing the 'B' key. Also, in the currently playing screen, the only keys are rewind/pause/forward. No stop button.
    • Maybe this is a feature request: when I use the 'Beam to phone' option (which is awesome, nice work!!), would it be possible to resume the video on the PC on the point where I stop playing it on my phone? For example: I start beaming to my phone at 1m33s. The phone stream starts playing at 1m33s, and I go outside for a walk or something. When I return, the phone is at 15m52s, but the PC is still on 1m33s. It would be nice if the PC could resume where the phone left off, just as it's the other way around.
    Also: is it in any way possible to make aMPdroid services available outside my own network? I have a dedicated PC running Mediaportal and everything, but all my files are on a server. This server is available to the internet. I'm asking since I would really like to be able to start playing a video at home, and continue watching it when I leave the house (and thus the network).

Watching outside the network is possible. I've got it working on my galaxy s2. Check the wiki of ampdroid!

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi I've got a problem. Since I updated ampdroid to 1.01 I can't see/access my tv series. Is this a bug? Do others have the same problem?

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    And is it possible to get the 1.0 version somewhere?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom