aMPed 3.1: superaMPed! - the skin you practically design yourself (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: aMPed 3.1: superaMPed! – the skin you practically design yourself

Hey Latvian, so you want to change the default image that displays at the far left in your first and third screenshots? Or are you asking about the blank ones? I am guessing you mean the default image.

Yes, it is showing in Pictures because it is a jpg. But I don't think that is what you want right?

One way is to replace the file in the skin media folder. That default image is called missing_coverart_video.png. So you can try creating your USB image the same size as that image and replace missing_coverart_video.png. If that works for you, you must replace the images in the \media\themes folders as well, or it they will overwrite your new default when you switch themes.

However, if you change the default image, then your new one will display in all video windows as the default image. You are showing filmstrip view in your screenshots, but if I understand you correctly, you want to change the image in list and icons views as well right?

You are still trying to make MP work like XBMC aren't you LOL!

jamiro, thanks for info and posting in the tracker - I'm working on it and will get back to you there, it's complicated! So many options, my head hurts! :D

Latvian3Dman

Portal Member
    May 11, 2009
    Riga
    Home Country
    :) I just wanna that in My Videos instead of blank squares for USB drive(s) I would see the same i see in My Pictures for USB drives. In 3rd screenshot (My Pictures) you see USB drive picture: i put that picture as "folder.jpg" into USB flashdrive root. It works for My Pictures, it doesnt work for My Videos. Needless to say, in My Videos files "folder.jpg" works (shows up) nicely for folders, but doesnt for drives with "folder.jpg" in its root.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    My Videos files "folder.jpg" works (shows up) nicely for folders, but doesnt for drives with "folder.jpg" in its root.
    Ok I understand you now! Hmmm, what happens if you put it in a folder and name it _USB or 0_USB so it is the first folder?

Latvian3Dman

Portal Member
    May 11, 2009
    Riga
    Home Country
    Dadeo: no, it doesnt help if I put "folder.jpg" in some folder on USB drive, I tried folder name thats unavoidably lists as first (_USB), also tried to make folder with the same name as USB drives label (USB 2GB). Also tried crazy thing renaming .JPG to .AVi, also tried add extension .JPG to Videos: that doesnt help. One trick kinda works: in MediaPortal configuration add that drive letter(s) (for me - M, N) as Video shares. Then logo shows up, if USB drive plugged in, BUT - if drive not present, that share stays on screen as empty folder, so its not worth it, then I better live with empty squares :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi everyone, just a reminder, if you like aMPed, please use the Thanks button on the FIRST post in this thread. That is where new users look the most. The Thanks button is on the lower left of any post beside the Edit and Quote buttons.

It would also be great if you can add your rating and even a short comment to the bottom of the MP Downloads page :)

:D

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Hey Dadeo,

Problem solved with the fanart getting stuck in the now playing screen.

In the fanart handler plugin there is a setting in the scraper settings for "Enable automatic download of music fanart for artists now being played"

With this option unchecked, the fanart no longer gets stuck on one artist.

Got a tip from the fanart handler thread, which pointed me in the right direction.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Jamiro! Good work figuring that out (and saving me work :D)! I think you should post this 'issue' in the Fanart Handler Issue tracker as I think cul8er can resolve it. Sorry to make you enter it again. I have closed the issue in aMPed Issue Tracker.

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi Dadeo!

I've been playing with the new skin for a couple of days and I must say it's awesome:) Also as I wrote before the descriptions in the TV Guide are moge comfortable to read when they are not a part of the hidden menu. That proves me wrong:oops: I have a question to you about a thing that doesn't let me sleep:D Is it possible to make the TV Guide show only six channels and make the description bigger? Which part of the file is responsible for that?

Thanks again for the great skin:D

I've just installed the newest SVN and the problem with backdrops, which I mentioned before, has been gone. :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Chlodny - It is fiddly doing the TV Guide, but I think you can manage it.

The main control you want to change is the TV Guide panel id>2. I would try a height of 275 and see if that gives you 6 lines. It will affect both the Guide Panel and the Single Channel Panel, but you want that so larger Descriptions display on both windows.

Then you have to decide about the Descriptions. You have two choices:
    1. Change the style from "TV Desc" to "Plot" - those styles are set in references.xml and will auto adjust text if you change font sizes. With "Plot" set the posY to about 400 it will give you a few more lines.
    2. If you don't care about diff font sizes, you could remove the style and just use a straight <control> then you have to set the height you want for the Description and the posY.

Then you should shorten the Groups vertical button on the left. That control is at the bottom of the mytvguide.xml id>100 I think all you need to do is shorten it from height of 307 to maybe 262? you will have to play with it to match it up to the bottom of the Guide Panel.

That should get you close. You may have to tweak some other things. If you get stuck just PM me and I will try and help.

P.S. I think you should sleep more and pay more attention to your girlfriend and less attention to aMPed :D I'm glad your backdrop problem is fixed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom