aMPed 3.1: superaMPed! - the skin you practically design yourself (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chlodny

Portal Pro
September 18, 2009
Silesia
Home Country
Poland Poland
No problem:) Windows' search-file-containing-words function did the whole job. Thank you Dadeo! It looks very well now:)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Chlodny, when you are satisfied with your OSD, would you like to send me the files to include in aMPed for the Monochrome theme? I can try to find a way to integrate them so users can have a bigger more defined OSD in that theme. Then they have the option, what do you think?

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Okay, I'll just ask Psycho Reptile if we can do it. I know that we can do anything with the Monochrome files but he's the author anyway and it would be nice to ask him for approval:) I'm also converting the Monochrome skin to 4:3 and it already looks quite nice. It would be great for the Users to have an opportunity to choose between such an ascetic skin and aMPed:)

At first I wrote aesthetic instead of ascetic:p You wouldn't talk to me anymore if I didn't change it:D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    You wouldn't talk to me anymore if I didn't change it
    Yes I would! I am a huge admirer of PR's work. No need to post the files for me if you are porting Monochrome to 4:3. That is great! I always wanted that, but could not manage to do it and aMPed too.

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Yea, I'm gonna post some screenshots tonight or tomorrow in the late afternoon to let you see how it looks. By the way... PR's? What does it stand for? People's Republic? :D

EDIT: Also I gotta say that it's not too hard to port that skin as its resolution is 1366x768. I'm just changing it to 1024x768 so I only have to make it thinner. Of course in a few cases I had to move e.g. DVD cover in the movie info dialog to get some more space for the description. The MP Skin Editor is a great help too:)

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    So here are the screenshots I told you I will post. Sorry for the offtopic but actually aMPed is the only 4:3 skin which is not in the graveyard so let it be my excuse:)

Attachments

• My Music (Medium).jpg
      My Music (Medium).jpg
      35 KB
    • My Trailers (Medium).jpg
      My Trailers (Medium).jpg
      55.4 KB
    • My TV (Medium).jpg
      My TV (Medium).jpg
      49.4 KB
    • My videos (Medium).jpg
      My videos (Medium).jpg
      71.5 KB
    • OSD (Medium).jpg
      OSD (Medium).jpg
      63 KB
    • TV Series (Medium).jpg
      TV Series (Medium).jpg
      85.2 KB
    • OSD Guide (Medium).jpg
      OSD Guide (Medium).jpg
      82.9 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Chlodny - those look GREAT! Once you are ready, just start a new thread here in the Skins Forum and we can move the screenshots there so everyone can see not just aMPed users. You can even do that now if you like, so users know what you are working on. Psycho Reptile could always add a 4:3 section to his Monochrome thread too, since many users have both 16:9 and 4:3 screens. At least you should also post in the Monochrome forum so that existing Monochrome users know this option is available.

actually aMPed is the only 4:3 skin which is not in the graveyard
    Not fair or true! Catavolt works hard to make a 4:3 version of PureVision, and he is one of the few skinners who does both 16:9 and 4:3. There is also Blue3 Retro and a couple upgrades to Project Mayhem. But you are right, there aren't many options for 4:3 users. EDIT: That's exactly why I try to provide so many options in aMPed.

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Yesterday I nearly finished the main part of the skin. There's a few things left like radio guide, some spin positions and plugins' skin files. It should be ready by Sunday:D

EDIT: Actually it's usable already:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom