aMPed 3.1: superaMPed! - the skin you practically design yourself (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Released Jan 21, 2010

With aMPed 3.1 you practically design the skin yourself! Select your style, font size, theme, backdrops and fanart options; plus the layout for Basic Home, TV Guide or Video Shares. You can even select your own list widths and short date formats. It's all done with ease using aMPedConfig from your desktop. Just choose your options and press ‘Save and Run’ to load MP with your new design.

aMPed even supports up to 18pt font size for smaller TV screens.

For MP 1.0.2 and tested on MP 1.1 beta/SVN (new features will be added once 1.1.0 is released)

Download: Google Code or MP Repository/Downloads
    Project Home: Unique Features, What’s New, and further Info
    Changelog: All the gory details
    Quick Start : Install Instructions. Read first then just run the Installer
    Wiki: Using and customizing aMPed
    Issue Tracker: Bug reports and feature requests
    Using SVN: Keep up to date with all the latest fixes or enhancements​

What's New? aMPed 3.1 is 'superaMPed' with:
    • aMPedInstaller (NSIS) – thanks to MP user Chefkoch
    • aMPedConfig – now choose your Backdrop styles and Fanart options as well –all thanks to MP user Migue
    • Basic Home Editor – incorporated into aMPedConfig – also thanks to MP user Migue
    • Skin:
      • Styles – two styles: large images (default), or fanart style (aMPed now auto adjusts the layout for you based on your fanart options)
      • Wine Glass Theme – in addition to aMPed, Super Blue and Monochrome themes
      • revaMPed Basic Home - new layout – vertical menus and up to 3 sub menus per item
      • Classic Basic Home – new images and backdrops, plus News and System Menus
      • Backdrops – choose single image, cycling multiimage, or none (default)
      • Fanart – aMPed 3.1 includes the new Fanart Handler Plugin, thanks to MP user cul8er!
        • Download Music Artist Fanart from htbackdrops.com
        • Display cycling multiple fanart images in almost all Music and Video windows
        • Choose the resolution (quality) of artist/album images from Last.fm
        • Display random images from TVSeries, MovingPictures, Music, Pictures, Games and more
        • Store your fanart in a central location in [userdata]\thumbs folders and use it in all skins or updates of aMPed
    • Plugins:
      • Added support for Fanart Handler, Anime (2.1.2.4), Streamedradio, ScoreCenter, Web Browser and Chess
      • TV Series - added localization of more labels
      • MovingPictures 1.0 beta – aMPedConfig autodetects your version of MovingPictures (0.75 or 1.0.1) and installs the correct skin files!
      • All plugins have been updated to latest releases. See Supported Plugins
    Credits:
    The aMPed Team:
    • Dadeo - Project Coordination and Skin Design
    • Migue - aMPedConfig and BasicHome Editor
    • Chefkoch - NSIS Installer and invaluable technical support
    • Reg, Photopeter, ixdvc and Marvenius - testing
    • Joz (retired) - original skin design, including the basic concept design/layout for aMPed
    Special thanks to cul8er for the awesome new Fanart Handler plugin that takes MP to a whole new level

and to: The Truly Great Skinners:
    • Harley: for laying the groundwork with Blue3 AND for his XFace installer which was the inspiration for the aMPed Install/Config program
    • Psycho Reptile: for the Monochrome skin – a guiding light (everything works!) – and the awesome graphics used in the Monochrome theme
    • The StreamedMP team: for the new action button graphics and showing me how to use styles
    • Catavolt : for always showing me how it should be done in PureVision 4:3!

If you like aMPed, just press the Thanks button (lower right of this post by the Quote/Reply buttons), or help out new users by entering a short comment at the bottom of the MP Downloads page
    :D

Attachments

• BasicHome_revaMPed_aMPed_15pt.jpg
      BasicHome_revaMPed_aMPed_15pt.jpg
      121.4 KB
    • Music_Albums_Filmstrip_Monochrome_12pt.jpg
      Music_Albums_Filmstrip_Monochrome_12pt.jpg
      100.7 KB
    • Pictures_Thumbs_Monochrome_12pt.jpg
      Pictures_Thumbs_Monochrome_12pt.jpg
      78.5 KB
    • MovingPictures_Categories_Monochrome_12pt.jpg
      MovingPictures_Categories_Monochrome_12pt.jpg
      98 KB
    • TV_Program_Info_Monochrome_12pt.jpg
      TV_Program_Info_Monochrome_12pt.jpg
      88.5 KB
    • MyHome_Monochrome_12pt.jpg
      MyHome_Monochrome_12pt.jpg
      108.2 KB
    • MovingPictures_Icons_Menu_aMPed_15pt.jpg
      MovingPictures_Icons_Menu_aMPed_15pt.jpg
      150.8 KB
    • Music_Videos_Details_aMPed_15pt.jpg
      Music_Videos_Details_aMPed_15pt.jpg
      101.8 KB
    • Music_Videos_aMPed_15pt.jpg
      Music_Videos_aMPed_15pt.jpg
      95.5 KB
    • TVSeries_ListPosters_SuperBlue_18pt.jpg
      TVSeries_ListPosters_SuperBlue_18pt.jpg
      142.8 KB
    • TVSeries_WideBanners_SuperBlue_18pt.jpg
      TVSeries_WideBanners_SuperBlue_18pt.jpg
      165.7 KB
    • BasicHome_revaMPed_5DayWeather_SuperBlue_18pt.jpg
      BasicHome_revaMPed_5DayWeather_SuperBlue_18pt.jpg
      119 KB
    • TV_Recorded_Details_SuperBlue_15pt.jpg
      TV_Recorded_Details_SuperBlue_15pt.jpg
      107.6 KB
    • BasicHome_Classic_System_Menu_SuperBlue_18pt.jpg
      BasicHome_Classic_System_Menu_SuperBlue_18pt.jpg
      112.3 KB
    • Music_NowPlaying_aMPed_15pt.jpg
      Music_NowPlaying_aMPed_15pt.jpg
      91.2 KB
    • Weather_WineGlass_18pt.jpg
      Weather_WineGlass_18pt.jpg
      128.3 KB
    • TVSeries_Episode_Details_WineGlass_18pt.jpg
      TVSeries_Episode_Details_WineGlass_18pt.jpg
      129 KB
    • VideoTitles_Fanart_Details_WineGlass_18pt.jpg
      VideoTitles_Fanart_Details_WineGlass_18pt.jpg
      129.4 KB
    • TV_Guide_8Line_WineGlass_18pt.jpg
      TV_Guide_8Line_WineGlass_18pt.jpg
      156.8 KB
    • BasicHome_Classic_WineGlass_18pt.jpg
      BasicHome_Classic_WineGlass_18pt.jpg
      103 KB
    • aMPedInstaller.jpg
      aMPedInstaller.jpg
      61.2 KB
    • Music_Lyrics_aMPed_15pt.jpg
      Music_Lyrics_aMPed_15pt.jpg
      118.9 KB
    • TV_Guide_10Line_Monochrome_12pt.jpg
      TV_Guide_10Line_Monochrome_12pt.jpg
      139.6 KB
    • Music_Playlist_Wineglass_15pt.jpg
      Music_Playlist_Wineglass_15pt.jpg
      152.8 KB
    • VideoShares_Thumbs_aMPed_15pt.jpg
      VideoShares_Thumbs_aMPed_15pt.jpg
      84 KB

joffel

Portal Member
    December 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: [NEW VER] aMPed 3.1 – superaMPed! – the skin you practically design yourself

wow finally !!!

i have been waiting for ages...
    i just started all over with the software for my htpc... but didnt want to move on without the new updated skin...

thanks a lot for the release !

greetings and God's blessing

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Re: [NEW VER] aMPed 3.1 – superaMPed! – the skin you practically design yourself

Oh my goodness... I won't write anything constructive here for now. No, actually I will. Dadeo, you were right about the descriptions in the TV guide. It makes it all more comfortable:D Now, will you excuse me, please. I'm gonna take my girlfriend for granted during the next two days:p

Ravin

Portal Member
    August 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation

unable to install

f16938099bd24846f7d3c6e19d9faabf.png

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country

Dadeo,
    Wow superaMPed is brilliant, glad you still kept the option for the classic basic home as I am not a big fan of the revamped basic home menus. The new look for classic is also much better and slicker looking, and the menu editor is a god send. I love it! so easy to customise and add new items. So much better than trying to edit xml files when you don't really know what your doing like me.

Fantastic job, I have only encountered one problem. It has happened twice since moving over to superamped. Every now and again my Music fanart will get stuck on one artist. No matter what I select or play, it stays stuck on one artist's fanart until I restart or reboot. Not sure if this is a problem with the skin or the fanart handler, and I am not sure what is making it happen. I use the One Button Music plugin a lot to play random music, maybe it is related to this plugin. Has anyone else had this problem?

Sorry I did not do any testing for superamped got so busy I never even got around to grabbing the SVN.

Well done, an amazing 4:3 skin with so many features. :D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Ravin - can you please post your problem in the Issue Tracker with full details of your OS, setup etc so the developers can help you? Thank you!

joffel - wow your first post ever - I am honored!

jamiro - thank you so much. I am really pleased you like superaMPed! I was hoping you would and thinking of you often as we were adding the new features! You must be pleased to have a lot more options for your music fanart and no more bad quality thumbs! ;)

I need a lot more details to resolve your fanart problems. It would be helpful if you could enter an Issue in the Tracker as well - in particular I need to know:
    • What window you are in when the problem occours. Is it any/all windows?
    • Do you have more than one fanart for that artist?
    • What settings have you made in the Fanart Handler Plugin
    • Is it happening with both fanart for selected artists, and fanart for for Now Playing artists?
    • Does it happen only when using One Button Music? Or other times as well?

Once I get more data I can track the problem down and fix it or refer it to cul8er if it is indeed a problem with the plugin. He is about to release a new version in a week or so, so don't delay!

Also, you are always welcome to help test any time you wish or have some time. We can always use more testers, and you use Music and Classic Basic Home more than most users, so it would be great having you test those! Did you notice the new System and News Menus for Classic Basic Home? :) I have no plans to remove Classic Basic Home, I think it is nice to have both options. If you have any suggestions for the next release, don't hesitate to add them to the Issue Tracker as well.

Anyone else who uses a lot of plugins and features is also welcome to test. Chlodny are you listening?? :D It is difficult for testers to test things they do not use often themselves. And it is much easier if testers only have to test one part of aMPed/MP they know well. Testers get an inside track on using all the features and options of aMPed, direct access to the development team, and we often add features they request during testing. So, there are some perks!

BTW, aMPed is the first skin to implement Music and Video fanart using the new plugin (other than cul8er's own X-Factor skin). So for once, we have something before the boys with the big screens :D

P.S. Jamiro - I just want to check, have you let the plugin finish scraping fanart yet? You can check this in the fanarthandler.log file in the usual log folder.

Latvian3Dman

Portal Member
    May 11, 2009
    Riga
    Home Country

Hello again! :)
    Dadeo and everybody who worked on this aMPed evolution - big Thank You to all of you! I totally like it, its so nice, slick and so customizable for particular taste. Really, its great. :D

I have some i guess not directly aMPed related question/idea. About USB flashdrives. When I plug some into system, its automaticaly shows up as a share, so far so good. Thing is, if i use icons, big icons or filmstrip view, that drive shows up as a empty square. If I have some local folder as a share, i put there file "folder.jpg" file that represents content of that folder, and it shows up in those views i mentioned. If I put file "folder.jpg" into USB drive root (for example, picture of flash drive) , its not working as I would want to, not showing. Anybody else thought about this maybe? Maybe there is some way to get some picture/logo for attached USB flashdrive? Any ideas would be much appreciated :)

Thanks ! :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    aMPed 3.1 – superaMPed! – the skin you practically design yourself

Hey Latvian3Dman - I hope you are enjoying your large posters with the cool new zoom when you go to the menu! Every time I tested it, I was thinking "Oh Latvian is gonna love this!" So I'm glad you do! And now you can use the new Online Videos - ver 0.15 is much improved! As soon as MP 1.1.0 RC is released I can add the new features for ver 0.16 which allow me to skin each view separately :D

As you know, I don't use shares or folder.jpgs so I hope someone can help you with the USB and folder.jpg. It is an interesting question and a a cool idea! Although you mentioned the views you use, you did not say what window that is in. Is that Music, Pictures, Videos or all the above? I assume you have set up the USB drive as one of your shares for each of those? Just for fun, try setting it in Pictures, which will auto index any images on the drive and see what happens. I think MP looks for for the folder icon that Windows creates. So if you can figure out how to assign your image to the Windows folder icon it might work. I'm sure some of our aMPed users know much better than I do ;)

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Re: aMPed 3.1: superaMPed! – the skin you practically design yourself

Hey Dadeo,

I can confirm that the fanart problem occurs with any playlists in the Now Playing screen ( the One Button Music plugin simply generates a random playlist). It will display the fanart for the first two or three artists on the playlist and then get stuck. Only a reboot seems to clear it.

The fanart handler has finished scraping, and I only use fanart from the fanart handler directory, not MP thumbs.

Can someone else confirm this also happens to them.

I'll add to the issue tracker

UPDATE
    Does not just happen with playlists, play a few tracks from different artists and view each one in Now Playing and the same thing will happen.

My settings for the fanart plugin are

Selected fanart sources = Music Fanart Directory only option selected
    Use fanart in Now playing Overlay = selected
    Fanart Soures = disabled
    Music plugin fanart options = enable fanart for selected items is selected

Latvian3Dman

Portal Member
    May 11, 2009
    Riga
    Home Country
    Re: aMPed 3.1: superaMPed! – the skin you practically design yourself

Hey, Dadeo! When I tested new aMPed in a ways i like, i really thought: "woah, its like somebody thought about me when designed it!" :D Seems that it is so! :D Yes, i am fan of file list and big posters views, and it is so nicely done here. I also like that nice touch that list width can be changed.
    About my idea/question for USB flashdrives - thing is, i am not getting "folder.jpg" for USB showing up in My Videos. I tried My Pictures, and yes, it works, "folder.jpg" shows up as I expected. Please see pictures i attached. Maybe someone comes up with some "hack" or trick to show USB "logos" (or whatever picture you put as "folder.jpg") in My Videos view too.
    Thanks!

Attachments

• movies1.jpg
      movies1.jpg
      32.9 KB
    • movies2.jpg
      movies2.jpg
      48.2 KB
    • pictures1.jpg
      pictures1.jpg
      30.5 KB
    Status