aMPed 3.3.3 (for MP 1.2.x) Released! [Mar 20, 2012] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: aMPed 3.3.1 RELEASED - giga-aMPed for MP 1.2.x

Ok - so - hmm - I'm a litte confused - when I replace the splashwide with the one you have postet still I get the old one - even if it's not there anymore?! Is it somewhere else chached?

**Edit** - Got it - you need to switch to a different Theme and back to get the new Startimage

Also - when editing the Layout over your editor I came across two behaviours I don't quite understand:

- You separate Current Item and Home - so Home (for my understanding) is used when nothing else fits. So for example I have for TV set "Home" to Fanart and Current Item to Single Image - but the home overlays all Menues in the root structure. Going on step right I get different Background.

So - is it possible to make the Imageselection more structured?

The second thing is that I didn't manage to to add a menue Item to the Root - do you plan to expand this in the future?

Hm - The pic itself is cool - but the text is very bluring - but I think that's because it's only 1280 x 720 - I'm running at 1920x1080

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: aMPed 3.3.1 RELEASED - giga-aMPed for MP 1.2.x

Yes sorry, there are splash screens for each theme so the default aMPed theme splash is saved in the media\themes\amped folder. But I see you figured that out :)

Yes the Home backdrops are for the Home menu. The backdrops change when you go to a sub menu, not when you highlight an item. But I will take a look at adding that in future.

At present you can only have up to seven items on each menu/sub menu. However I do plan a new version that will let you add as many items as you wish and lay them out however you prefer - vertical, horizontal, several columns etc. At least that is the plan! ;)

EDIT: I am also running 1920x1080 and although the text is not as crisp as it could be (that's what I meant by not perfect yet ;) it is not blurry here. How is your TV connected? Mine is HDMI - that might make a difference. Is it the same when you just view the jpg, or is it worse when the actual splash displays?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: aMPed 3.3.1 RELEASED - giga-aMPed for MP 1.2.x

OK - wrong wording - not bluring - crisp - simply not sharp :) - I need to get used to check on leo.org waht words are the correct ones ;)

So the backdrop means you only have one for home (which covers all menue items) and separate it in the Submenue? So does each item in the submenue has an own backdrop or is it again one for all?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: aMPed 3.3.1 RELEASED - giga-aMPed for MP 1.2.x

Hey Markus: It is always difficult to describe visual issues in words, even if you are a native English speaker.

Yes you are correct about the backdrops, you can only set them for a sub menu not for an item. You will notice in the Basic Home editor that 'Current Item' is grayed out on items that don't have sub menus. So they display for all items in that sub menu. Your point is well taken though, it should probably say 'Current Item Sub Menu' or something similar to be clearer.

Maybe I am too cautious, but I was concerned about the amount of memory required to load so many images in one window if you have different multiple backdrops for each item. Remember, are there over 60 items in revaMPed Basic Home with the possibility to have up to 343 items (7x7x7) if you use 3 levels of sub menus for every option (which is unlikely of course ;)) In the past there were memory issues, especially if you choose multiple image backdrops which use MP's multiimage control. However, we could probably safely allow a single image option for each item. I'll take a look when I design the new Basic Home layout.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    aMPed 3.3.2 is released! I updated the first post, and you can find more details on the What's New page in aMPed Wiki or in the changelog via MPEI or Extensions plugin.

Enjoy!

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: aMPed 3.3.2 (for MP 1.2.x) Released! [Dec 4, 2011]

Hm - when I install it TV isn't working anymore. Tried to update and to unsinstall everything and install it new. Only way is to unsinstall it and restart teh unit. Strange thing is that also with other skins (like streamdMP) TV is not working anymore - but when aMped is removed it's fine again.

In the TSwriter Log (TV) there is also a gap from where I have updatet the skin until it was removed - so it look as if the stream is not starting for whatever reason

Everything else seems to work - also watching video.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Markus, I have tried and tried, but I cannot reproduce the issue. It is indeed a strange one, since aMPed installs nothing that should affect TV, and there are not any changes to the TV skin xmls. When you say TV doesn't work, I assume you mean Live TV? Can you still view TV Guide, play Recorded TV etc?

I assume you don't get an error message in error.log either for TV-Server or MP log files since you did not attach one. I am not expert in TV log files but I don't see anything in the ones you attached that indicate the source of the issue.

So we are going to have to try and narrow down it down, it's a bit like finding a needle in a haystack ;)

First, if you reinstall aMPed 3.3.1 instead of 3.3.2 does TV work correctly? I ask because it is possible that some other skin/plugin upgrade causes the issue with aMPed.

Second, do you have a 'clean' MP install on a system where you can install only aMPed 3.3.2 and see if the issue occurs without other skins/plugins installed?

Perhaps if someone else runs into the same problem we can compare what is similar that is the cause of the problem. Sorry I can't give you a better answer/solution but it is really difficult when I cannot reproduce the issue.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Will do some test during the week - but I need to wait when my girlfriend does not want to watch TV ;). It's really strange - it's clearly only live-TV effected. What I have also seen during installation - when you lose focus from the installer window you get a non-responding prompt but it seems as installation finishes and after some time you get "Finished".

The only thing in the log is in the TSwriter log - there is nothing written that time.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Impossible to nail it down. No errors - nothing. It only seems t appear when resuming from standby - if a reboot is done also amepd is working fine. I also recognised that the tvservice hangs. But as told - there are no errors in the logs. I would assume it's not aMPED's fault - only I have seen it first come up after installing the skinupdate over the pluginmanager.

Anyway - looks very good. Only thing are the Option Menues (VS, Subitles and so on) - as some of them start in an area where your colouring is already very transparent it's sometimes hard to read (to find :))

:D - Good work!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom