aMPed 3.3.3 (for MP 1.2.x) Released! [Mar 20, 2012] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: aMPed 3.3.1 RELEASED - giga-aMPed for MP 1.2.x

Hm ... I'm using PowerDVD11 codec for Television - and to be honest I'm not sure if the slider does anything when moved around (also in streamdMP). I use the unlocked SAF6 Codec. ffdshow is only used as a fallback code what I understand.

But - at the bottom line the question is how to set the focus on the slider when availible and not also moving the timeline and what is different in StreamdMP to handle this correctly (as it's also not working correct I would assume it's a bug in the defaultskin too).

Maybe going the hardcode way would lead to a result much quicker - remove the audiodelay ;)

Markus

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: aMPed 3.3.1 RELEASED - giga-aMPed for MP 1.2.x

There is a new control in MP 1.2.0 that disables the audiodelay slider, exactly as you suggest. I asked our MP devs about it, and Sebastiii and Offbyone kindly improved the Wiki Docs for me: AudioVideoDelayPossible. I don't think any skins implemented it yet, as it was not that clear before. So like you said, even the skins that use the audiodelay slider, it does not necessarily do anything! Clearly the devs had recognized the bug and fixed it. Now thanks to you hopefully more skins will implement the fix!

The default skins will likely include the audiodelay slider, but probably not until 1.3.0 when LAV filters are included in MP, since (hopefully) LAV will also support audiodelay.

However, I am still not sure how that solves your problem? Once you open the OSD with the Y key or Info/more button on your remote, the arrow keys no longer affect the timeline. So, can you tell me exactly what you do in aMPed that is causing the issue for you?
    1. play TV or Video full screen
    2. press Y or info key on remote for OSD
    3. press up arrow for expanded OSD
    4. press up arrow again for 'infopane' as you call it - focus is on the little Menu button
    That's where I get lost - if you press arrow keys they navigate to the other items in the little menu top right. So I don't get where you are that the arrow keys jump in the timeline.

In any case, you inspired me Markus. I never implemented many of the OSD features in aMPed, because there really is not much room for them on 4x3 with 18 pt font. However, as more widescreen users seem to be using aMPed, I decided to try and implement them all - if possible ;)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

ah - OK - so that's where we drift appart.

When I select the Audiooption (by marking it and OK) I get the snycline (the small slider shown in the screenshot). As this is active now I can move it around with the left - right arrows. Unfortunatly this also moves teh timeline same way as you would skip steps by minutes.

I think in StreamMP the trick is that there suing the info only shows you the progress of the program - but you can't manipulate it. There when you use the left-right arows you get the timeline as a separate overlay. so therfore they don't bother with focus as you have only one (not sure if I can make myself clear - also it might be a false suggestion)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

What audio option? And which screenshot did you mean?

There is only a mute/volume icon - see #1 in screenshot attached and it displays the volume slider - see #2 in screenshot (which you can only control with + - volume keys).

Sorry for being so dense Markus, but I still can't figure out where you are!

Attachments

• OSD Audio.jpg
      OSD Audio.jpg
      174.3 KB

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

the next - the VS one ist the one

Screenshot from Post 76

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

The VS button is for the Video Slider - so yes it changes the video position ;) I guess it is not that clear :(

Sorry I totally missed that screenshot before, it would have saved us some time! Still your point is valid, and I am almost finished adding the audio delay slider and all the other OSD options :D

Thanks for all your patience Markus!

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Video Slider - Oh my - how did I misjudge that for the Audio delay ...

I need to thank - cool someone is that interested in enhancing his development :) and struggling with not native speakers ...

Looking forward the next releases!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

No worries Markus, I appreciate your interest and input a lot. That was like broken telephone LOL!

Now I just have to work on making the splash screens hi-res -there are 8 of them - 4 themes x 2 screen sizes (SIGH)! :p

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

yep - if I had any capabilities in this sort of stuff I would help ...

by the way – according to the last screenshot you have sent – shouldn’t the blue background cover the whole scroll text?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

The overlay background (blue in aMPed theme) does cover the whole scroll text, but it is diffused and gradient, so you can see the image behind. Unfortunately that means when viewing a widescreen image on a 4x3 screen (as in the screen shot) you have black bars top and bottom, so the overlay looks really dark over the bottom bar. I have some ideas for that, but probably won't happen for 3.3.2 which I want to release asap.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom