aMPed 3.3.3 (for MP 1.2.x) Released! [Mar 20, 2012] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: aMPed 3.3.2 (for MP 1.2.x) Released! [Dec 4, 2011]

OK thx, I am taking a stab in the dark here, but see if the attached xml fixes the channel displaying over top of the preview window. Just copy it to your aMPed skin folder.

No - it's not on teh top but gone - but that's fine wirh me ;).

As you are in a good mood today - I have somathing else for you: The weather is overlapping with teh Timeline in the TV-Guidescreen - shouldn't it be in on line?

Attachments

• Guide-new.png
      Guide-new.png
      163.9 KB
    • Wetter.png
      Wetter.png
      20.4 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes it is 'gone' - but does your channel name still display in the scrolling text? It does for me (first one). IIRC there are some cases in MP where the channel name is not displayed though, but I can 't find a case atm.

About the weather, yes I just noticed that it overlaps the timeline on TV Guide. Unfortunately on a 4x3 screen with large fonts, the Group display does not allow room to display it all on one line, especially in those strange places that still use F for degrees. ;). The only thing I can think of atm is to disable it on TV Guide, especially as it ceases to display as soon as I scroll in the TV Guide.

TBH I am far more concerned about the fact that icon images are often incorrect, many locations are not supported, English OS users cannot enter lat/long so do not get correct data etc. I am sure these bugs will be remedied in time, and possibly more features added. So I can try to fix any minor visual issues then.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: aMPed 3.3.2 (for MP 1.2.x) Released! [Dec 4, 2011]

Yep - at the start of the scrolling line teh channel name is there.

This weather issue is making a lot a people headache ... in the past I used for my pda yahoo weather - rather easy to get the infos out from their xml files. and the Locationcode you got from their side directly.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Dadeo,

I'm sure you have a lot on your plate already (and I heard rumor of an HD version of aMPed being worked on in the future), but if you do have time, could you update the WorldWeather xmls to accommodate the recent changes (more weather map options and starry sky maps) ... heh, Default skin even has a religious holiday calendar list.. (don't know how that fits into Weather).. I've looked at it to try my hand at making changes, but couldn't figure it out to work in aMPed, being handled differently that other skins. I was just too afraid of screwing it up beyond repair.

Thanks.

Chuck

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Chuck:

I have been keeping an eye on the changes to World Weather. It seems there are still skin changes each new nightly build, and likely to be more as more weather providers are added. So, to be honest, I have been waiting for it to stabilize a bit. The changes already require almost a total rewrite of the way I originally implemented images in aMPed :( but hopefully the new methods will be even better.

I am in the middle of updating our MP Wiki to 1.2.0 as development has already begun on 1.3.0. There were a ton of changes for 1.2.0 so I am sure you know how much work it is! But World Weather is top of the list for aMPed updates, so shouldn't be too long.

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Dadeo
    Thanks for all the efford you put into this skin. I really appreciate the skin and all the nice functions you can customize yourself.
    :D

I am looking forward to 3.4 as well as I am using 16X9. Do we get then the touchfunctions correct for 16X9? Now I am using 4X3 on an 16X9 screen. It is ok for now!

I also use the Wordweather like Chuck to get my weather in MP. YR (Norwegian) is not so fancy although the weather information is more precisely for my location.

Is there a possibility to get Opera working for Amped? Without asking for a full update of amped? I mean, is there a simple solution to get it working? Opera is a good browser with perfect touch screen capabilities.

I have one issue and one question regarding my system:

I did a complete reinstall of my system and installed all the newest versions, updates etc.
    When I choose for TV the screen is ok.
    ok.png

But when I switch the tv on, I sometimes get the screen without colours. Just the text, but the colours are black...
    notok.png

Everything is working and if I switch the tv off again, the screen remains with without colours. When I re-enter the tv screen, everything is fine again.
    Has this something to do with amped or is this an issue with the resolution or something?
    Hope someone has a suggestion for me :)

In moving pictures, there is an option to go left and get a menu.
    Is it possible to remove options in these menus?
    For example in the movie overview menu I get the options:
    menu2.png

Trailers and TV-Programma’s which I would like to remove from this list.
    And in the movie detail menu I would like to remove all the trailer options and Trakt function.
    menu1.png

It is a little bit annoying me and I have no clue if this is an Amped controlled thing or if this is just in moving pictures?
    Anyway, If someone knows how to make a modification to the program :)

Thanks and keep up the good work!
    Best regards,
    Bas

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Do we get then the touchfunctions correct for 16X9? Now I am using 4X3 on an 16X9 screen. It is ok for now!
    Yes definitely! In fact that is one of the reasons I want to change it (the issues appy to using a mouse as well)! I am glad to hear you are still using aMPed, because I plan to ask you to test it when it's ready! I have some ideas to make Basic Home even better for touch screens and a few other bells and whistles, but I don't want to promise anything yet. It will already be a compete rewrite of the skin xml code to change to scale down from 16x9 instead of up from 4x3!
    I also use the Wordweather like Chuck to get my weather in MP. YR (Norwegian) is not so fancy although the weather information is more precisely for my location.
    Same here. yrWeather is getting better, and it is the only weather plugin currently that provides data for all my odd locations. I plan to set aMPed to display yrWeather data on Home and other screens if the plugin is installed and enabled, if not then World Weather. World Weather is top of my list to update the skin files. However, I still see frequent skin changes. TBH with all my other MP 'jobs' I just don't have time to update skin files every few days. But I think World Weather is getting close to stable now :)
    Is there a possibility to get Opera working for Amped? Without asking for a full update of amped? I mean, is there a simple solution to get it working? Opera is a good browser with perfect touch screen capabilities.
    I am also an Opera fan! But I need more info. What do you mean by get it working for aMPed? Can you give me steps to reproduce what is not working?
    I did a complete reinstall of my system and installed all the newest versions, updates etc.
    When I choose for TV the screen is ok.
    But when I switch the tv on, I sometimes get the screen without colours. Just the text, but the colours are black...
    Everything is working and if I switch the tv off again, the screen remains with without colours. When I re-enter the tv screen, everything is fine again.
    Has this something to do with amped or is this an issue with the resolution or something?
    Hope someone has a suggestion for me :)
    If it works correctly in Default skin then it is most likely an issue with aMPed. I'll need to investigate as I have never seen or heard of that before! My first suspcion would be because you are using 4x3 on a widescreen and the videowindow might be causing issues as it is different for diff screen sizes. So can you confirm if the issue also exists when you select 16x9 as your screensize for aMPed? That will help me a lot to narrow down the source of the issue and see if I can correct it.
    In moving pictures, there is an option to go left and get a menu.
    Is it possible to remove options in these menus?
    For example in the movie overview menu I get the options:
    Trailers and TV-Programma’s which I would like to remove from this list.
    And in the movie detail menu I would like to remove all the trailer options and Trakt function.
    It is a little bit annoying me and I have no clue if this is an Amped controlled thing or if this is just in moving pictures?
    Anyway, If someone knows how to make a modification to the program :)
    First I can'y reproduce the issue with the Trakt label not being translated correctly. It's possible we have different versions of MovPic (I have 1.3.0) and Trakt (I have 1.3.3.1).

Those buttons should only display IF you have the plugins installed and enabled. They are a skin choice, though recommended by the plugin (and requested by other amped users ;)). You can only remove them by editing the skin xmls:
    • movingpictures.hiddenmenu.xml - for the main menu items
    • movingpictures.details.xml - for the details window menu
    BTW I agree with you - I much prefer having those options on a context menu like in My Films ;)

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi!

Off course I am using Amped! For me it is the perfect skin.
    I even took the nice backdrops from other folders to the amped folder so now I have quite a lot nice pics on my homescreen comming up.
    Did you make these pics yoursef?

Am looking forward to test the 16x9 touch functionality :)

The best would be if WW is using YR as source. Google and Yahoo are a quite bad in making a forecast for my area.
    WW is nice to have because you can add a lot of weather maps and extras which is not possible with the YR.

The thing with opera is that the opera mobile launcer plugin is not supported by amped.
    So I added:

opera.png

Now the opera is launching, but only in the background as the option "keep mediaportal always on top" is enabled.
    If I deselect this option, everything is ok.
    The reason I would like to have this option selected is that MP is running on my SBS2008 machine and that gives me sometimes popups I can't prevent to come up.
    In Myprograms, a program is launched on top of MP and when the program is closed, MP comes on top again. Even with the option "keep mediaportal always on top" enabled.
    It would help me if this would also be the fact with Opera plugin.
    Or is this something that should be done by the maker of the Opera plugin?
    The Opera mobile launcher is very stable and very good to use for touchscreens and remotes.
    Together with the speeddail function it would be perfect for MP.

The black colours are also comming at the default skin I see now, so I have to look further with this issue....

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into the xmls and change it!
    I do not use trakt. it is disabled as I don't use it.
    The trailer buttons are opening online videos. Handy if you want to see trailers, but I just want to see the movie :)
    Thanks for you help!

And let me know if I can test anything for you, no problem!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Off course I am using Amped! For me it is the perfect skin.
    I even took the nice backdrops from other folders to the amped folder so now I have quite a lot nice pics on my homescreen comming up.
    Did you make these pics yoursef?
    A few, one is a photo Reg (aMPed chief tester) sent me, some are 'free' images, and a few I got permission to use. I spent a LOT of time finding them though! You know if you use fanart handler, you can copy whatever images you like to the ...\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\pictures folder and select Pictures fanart as backdrops for aMPed in Basic Home Editor (like I do) or Backdrops tab for Home screen. Or you can store your favorites in any folder on your HDD and select that folder. That way, when you update aMPed, you won't lose them from aMPed folder. Especially as I might remove or change some in future :p

The thing with opera is that the opera mobile launcer plugin is not supported by amped.
    Yea it is still in 'beta' and I tend to wait to add plugins once they are stable. There are so many new MP users that use aMPed so i like to make sure that any plugin aMPed supports is fully developed. But I will take a look. (there are so many web plugins!) I think it is only one simple skin file, so should be pretty easy to add. Did you try BrowsetheWeb? It works pretty well for me with Opera. Ofc, I don't try to do much with it though, mostly just open webpages. zoom and pan, but links are too much work for me via remote - you are better off with touch screen! ;)

Now the opera is launching, but only in the background as the option "keep mediaportal always on top" is enabled.
    If I deselect this option, everything is ok.
    The reason I would like to have this option selected is that MP is running on my SBS2008 machine and that gives me sometimes popups I can't prevent to come up.

In Myprograms, a program is launched on top of MP and when the program is closed, MP comes on top again. Even with the option "keep mediaportal always on top" enabled.
    It would help me if this would also be the fact with Opera plugin.
    Or is this something that should be done by the maker of the Opera plugin?
    I know what you mean about MP on top. I run MP on my TV as secondary monitor so I have the same issue with popups (like when someone types my name in IRC!!). I use IRSS Translator because it let's me program a button to gain focus (among other things like start MP with different aMPed settings depending which key I press on my remote to start MP ;). I tend to change themes depending on my mood and latest paint job LOL

But yeah, to get it to open on top of MP is likely a plugin issue. Just ask Dragy - or maybe he can add a setting in setup for that.
    The black colours are also comming at the default skin I see now, so I have to look further with this issue....
    Good for me (that I don't have to solve it), but not so good for you :(
    I do not use trakt. it is disabled as I don't use it.
    GRRR it is set in skin file to only display if Trakt is enabled! I'll check that.
    And let me know if I can test anything for you, no problem!
    You can count on it! Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom