aMPed 3.5.0 beta (for MP 1.3.0) released [Oct 22, 2012] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I upgraded to 1.3.0 beta the day it came out and all the colors were working in default and aMPed, When i upgraded aMPed yesterday all the colors were broken.

Attached is the comskip folder, i put it on the same drive as i record to but i don't think it matters.
The .ini file has been modified but the original .ini file is still in the folder i just changed the extension to .OLD, i have been starting comskip at the beginning of the recording with success however you may want to try starting at the end of the recording if you have problems with starting it at the beginning. The .ini file is set up for 5min prerecording and 5 min post-recording. it will cut the program before the first commercial and after the last commercial. it is also set to cut using logos, silence and dark screen to find the commercials.

If you have any questions just ask.

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I upgraded to 1.3.0 beta the day it came out and all the colors were working in default and aMPed, When i upgraded aMPed yesterday all the colors were broken..
    Thanks for confirming! Can you verify the genre colours are working now with the fixes I added to SVN a few hours ago? (i.e. build 1893)

Also, thanks for the comskip file. I'll get back to you on that one! :p

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Yes the genre colors are working now with the fixes you added to SVN.
    The channel and group color which should turn to the color selected in MP configuration when that channel and group is selected doesn't appear to work though.

I'll be on the forum tonight if you have any questions about comskip. i'm curious how it works in different countrys as it's the best version i have used here in the USA.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Don't forget to tick the tick box in MP configuration videos section "Automatically skip commercials with comskip data"

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Ted, I may not get to Comskiip for a while - still sorting out the issues with EPG Genre colors.
    I cannot reproduce your issue with Selected Channel Group, it works fine here - see attached screenshot (ampedEPGGenreChannelColors) - all it does is select the color when the Group button is selected. Also the 'unselected' Channel colors work (I used awful colors so you can see in the screenshot ;))

However, I can reproduce your issue with SELECTED channel, and I know why it happens, just not sure how to solve it yet.
    The problem is that the implementation does not really support disabling EPG Genre Colors even though you can select it. So I tried to workaround that by preserving the original look of aMPed's TV Guide in different themes (see aMPedNoEpgGenreColors attached). In Default skin you get the attached DW_NoGenreColors TV Guide if you disable genre colors. That does not meet my standards for aMPed ;) as many users do not get good genres, or any genres, in their EPG data.

So I am still trying to figure out a solution. ;)

Attachments

• ampedEPGGenreChannelColors.jpg
      ampedEPGGenreChannelColors.jpg
      211.3 KB
    • aMPed_NoEpgGenreColors.jpg
      aMPed_NoEpgGenreColors.jpg
      209.7 KB
    • DW_NoGenreColors.jpg
      DW_NoGenreColors.jpg
      218.4 KB
    Last edited:

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    all it does is select the color when the Group button is selected. Also the 'unselected' Channel colors work (I used awful colors so you can see in the screenshot ;))

However, I can reproduce your issue with SELECTED channel, and I know why it happens, just not sure how to solve it yet.
    The problem is that the implementation does not really support disabling EPG Genre Colors even though you can select it. So I tried to workaround that by preserving the original look of aMPed's TV Guide in different themes (see aMPedNoEpgGenreColors attached). In Default skin you get the attached DW_NoGenreColors TV Guide if you disable genre colors. That does not meet my standards for aMPed ;) as many users do not get good genres, or any genres, in their EPG data.

So I am still trying to figure out a solution. ;)

Ok i was expecting something else from the Selected Channel Group color.
    The selected channel color is nice if you lose your cursor in the guide but i don't get that to much anymore as i am using the edge color now and it works great.

Let me know how that comskip setup works for you when you get a chance to set it up please.

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi TLD - yes I can confirm the issue, although I did not change anything in TV Guide/EPG Genre settings since 3.5.0 for MP 1.3.0 alpha, it seems there were changes that altered the SkinSettings.xml format. Why that should affect all skins beats me, but it does - you don't even get the color tab in Config :confused:

In any case, should be fixed now in SVN. I am still working on the Comskip Timeline - any suggestions how I can test that here? (Comskip won't work on my recordings - must be something to do with Indian broadcasts :rolleyes: or else I don't know what I'm doing ;))

@pilot_bas - I also moved the genre map up below the guide. So if you enable it, description is smaller (2 lines instead of 3). Did you figure out how to rename genres yet? You just go into TV-Server config, DVB EPG Genre mapping, click on the genre name and edit it. The issue with saving your settings is more complex. I have to figure out some way to get MP to recognize that aMPed supports multiple versions and save your changes to the correct folder. For now, when you make changes, be sure to save SkinSettings.xml to the aMPed\Layouts\TV Guide folder (either 8 or ten line genres sub folder depending which you changed). Please bear with me as I try to figure out how to get MP to support everything that aMPed does already ;)

Hey!
    The genre map line looks perfect now, thanks!
    And yes I figured out how to rename it, it was actually pretty easy :)

I created a new installer from the SVN and reinstalled aMPed. This ruined my colors again :-(
    I restored a backup from the file you mentioned 10 line genre skinsettings.xml, but it didn't help. I opened both old an new files and the looked quite the same.
    I change the colors in the MP configuration, under GUI=>aMPed=>edit skin settings.
    After changing this again, nothting changed in the skinsettings.xml file in "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\aMPed\Layouts\TV Guide\10 lines genres"

UPDATE:
    Think I found it, the changes are saved in ":\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\aMPed\Skinsettings.xml"

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK I guess Docs Mgr should give better instructions :p

For now (until I work out a better way):
    1. Go to aMPed Config and select the option you prefer-e.g. 10 line genre colors in your case
    2. Apply and close
    3. Go to MP config and edit the genre colors you wish in Edit Skin Settings
    4. Exit MP config
    5. Check the skinsettings.xml in skin\amped folder - should have current date/time stamp
    6. Copy that file to skin\aMPed\Layouts\TV Guide\10 lines genres
    Then even if you make changes in aMPedConfig your genre colors/settings will still apply.

You had it almost correct, but MP saves the changes to the main skin folder, NOT the \Layouts\TV Guide\10 lines genres sub folder - that's what I have to work out.

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks!
    I am trying right now :)

And it works!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.