aMPed 3.5.0 beta (for MP 1.3.0) released [Oct 22, 2012] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I did already in aMPed 3.5.0 beta for 1.3.0 alpha :confused: maybe no one tested it? :p

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've never use comskip, as it is all too often that I need to manually remove commercials for TV Series anyway, and if it is a view once situation, skip steps works just fine.... pretty much why I, personally, never tested it.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey no blame, no shame Chuck ;) I only meant I was not 100% sure that it was working in 1.3.0 alpha with aMPed 3.5.0 beta, but I am sure TLD will let me know ;)

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    No it's not working now and i never tested it before 1.3b, but then i have no fanart or backdrops at the moment after updating to 1.3b either so things really aren't really running 100%. I'll check again after everything is updated.

It does work in the Default skin that's where i noticed it.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Just checking @TLD - you are playing back TV right? The comskip markers only work in TV playback/OSD (which includes playback via Recorded TV) but not when playing as a video.

Last edited:

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Yes, Recorded TV, It shows the comskip markers with the default skin but not with aMPed revamped.
    Remember that aMPed really isn't really running 100% with MP 1.3b.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    K thx TLD I'll try to figure it out and get you to test again - It's not easy for me as I don't record or use comskip ;)

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hey Dadeo!
    Thanks for all you effort in this wonderful skin!

I have installed 1.3.0 Beta together with the latest SVN of Amped 3.5.0
    I changed the xml files to 3.5.0.1 as you mentioned and installed that build on MP 1.3.0 Alfa and then did the upgrade to Beta. This works for me.
    I am testing it now on my production machine and so far so good. All the plugins I need seems to work except for Myalarm (but that is not that important).
    In the tv guide I am playing with the colors and it seems to be pretty nice to have this function.
    Below the TV guide is a line with the explanation of all the colors. This line seems a bit too low as the text is falling away. I checked it on my screens, but also on VNC (Remote desktop) and all have the same problem that the letters are cut off below.

guide.jpg

That brings me also to my question: Is it possible to change the text in an xml file? I would like to change Special to Series.
    I continue testing and let you know if I find more.
    And if we don’t speak before Christmas:

God Jul (means Merry Christmas)

pilot_bas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2011
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    In the MP settings screen, the xml files are missing:
    "Missing or invalid file:C:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal\skin\amped\settings_gui_skin.xml"
    and so on.

Found an issue in the tv guide...
    I have setup all the colors in MP configuration as mentioned in my previous post and now they are gone...
    This happened after changing something in the amped setup.
    To be sure, I did a quick setup in MP configuration again and then went back to Amped setup to just change a button and saved it. After opening MP again, the colors are removed again.
    So it seems that Amped is removing the tv guide color setup.

By the way, in which xml file are these colors saved? Then I can make a backup of this file.

Regards,
    Bas

Last edited:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi pilot_bas - glad everything is working well for you already! I should be able to update SVN for 1.3.0 beta - at least for main compatibility tomorrow. Still lots of 'tweaks' to do ;)

Yes I was really short of space for the Genre map/legend on TV Guide - and not easy to get it to fit with all font/screen sizes. Which font/screen size/layout are you using? - just to make sure I catch it. It is quite low on my screen - but still visible - however my TV has overscan adjustment.

Re Special > Series - I think what you want is the EPG Genre configuration? In 1.3.0 beta this is now done in TV-Server so it applies to all clients. Check out the EPG Genre Map in wiki under What's New for 1.3.0 and let me know if that helps!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom